[APP] - IOU: Easy loan tracking
Hey there, everyone.
After a long time, I decided to rebuild my application from scratch.
The new version - IOU 'Revamped' - includes more functionality, and is generally better 'under the hood.'
Some of the new features:
The first is archiving IOU’s: instead of deleting an IOU completely, you can now archive them for future reference. It’ll also save the date on which you archived it, in case you want to look it up.
The second is adding return dates: when adding a loan you can now add a return date. Next to the three current pages (‘Overview’, ‘I owe’, ‘They owe’) a fourth one shows only loans with a deadline.
The third is a live tile: IOU is a Windows Phone 7-exclusive app, and Live Tiles are a Windows Phone-exclusive feature. Makes sense to implement it, right? The back of the live tile now shows you your upcoming deadline plus how many deadlines you have in total.
The fourth is pinning a secondary tile: tapping the secondary tile on your start screen, immediately brings you to the ‘New IOU’-page.
I think I'm pretty much done now, so I'm looking for betatesters.
Screenshots of the new version van be found here:
BELOW THIS LINE IS OLD STUFF!
Ladies and gentlemen!
On the first of July, I finished coding my first WP7 application.
Since then I've been fixing bugs, adding new features, and polishing the designs.
the app is pretty close to finished. So I decided to post a .xap here for you to try while it's submitted to the testing queue.
Tombstoning is not implemented yet, but not very essential either.
News regarding the app, updates, and the changelog can be found on the corresponding dev-blog
Feedback can be sent through the app, via the blog or posted here. Whatever you prefer - it'd be much appreciated!
IOU, an online abbreviation for “I Owe You”, is an application for Windows Phone 7. IOU provides you the tools to keep track of anything you borrow - or others borrow from you.
Key elements are an easy-to-use interface and high performance.
IOU started as a personal Silverlight learning project. The concept had potential, but the execution was unfulfilling. By the time I had mastered the Silverlight basics I began a complete, structured rewrite, with the final application as result.
Some random facts:
- Keep track of all the stuff people borrowed from you, or you borrowed from them;
- Keep track of both borrowed items and money.
- Edit loans to keep them up to date, or to correct mistakes.
- View loans in a mixed list as well as separate lists of what you owe others or they owe you;
- “Glance and Go” & metro design philosophy: you can see most information about a loan right there in the overview list, without having to tap it to see all of its details;
- Full theme-integration, using the background and accent color from your phone;
- Animated page transitions for a smooth and visually-appealing interface.
- Choose one out of four different tiles to fit in with your theme.
- I intend to update the app regularly, adding new features and polishing existing functionality;
- IOU will always have a fully featured, free version available;
- IOU was submitted to the Windows Phone Marketplace for testing and certification on the 1st of July, 2011;
- This is the first application I’ve submitted, and the only application I’ve submitted so far;
Screenshots can be found here
, while an overview of the possible custom tiles can be found here
IOU v1.3 is now available in the windows phone marketplace. However, because of trouble with my developer account, I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEND UPDATES. Therefore I have removed the link.
That'll also provide you with easier updates, and the app no longer counts for the limit of sideloaded applications.
Thanks in advance for the feedback,