[Q] Xenta Bluetooth Keyboard

Tip us?

megamouth2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Xenta Bluetooth Keyboard

Hey guys!
Firstly, I wanna say that I'm a complete Android noob... so I'm sorry if this question is silly or an easy fix- I don't mean to waste anyone's time!

I bought a Xenta Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard and Stand Combo [even though it said it's for iPads, it also said that it works with some Android devices, so I decided to take a chance], and although I've managed to successfully pair the keyboard with my Eee Pad Transformer [and it shows up as a Bluetooth keyboard], I'm not able to type with it.

Would you happen to know of any way I could make this work, or would I need to return this, and hunt around for another stand/keyboard combo?

I must say, though, the Eee Pad fits the keyboard/stand very well, and it would make a great replacement for the standard Eee Pad Dock if it would just work!

Thanks in advance, and once again, sorry if I've asked a stupid question!

jona86
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am thinking of buying it too for my transformer. After paired go to keyboard and languages settings and select it as default input, try also holding down any space where you can write untill it promps you with input method selection.
let me know if that worked.

gbil
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Is it a HID keyboard ?

Because my many years old ThinkOutside Bluetooth Stowaway HID keyboard works just fine.

molecular2
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jona86 View Post
I am thinking of buying it too for my transformer. After paired go to keyboard and languages settings and select it as default input, try also holding down any space where you can write untill it promps you with input method selection.
let me know if that worked.
I just received one today. It paired with no problem, BUT will NOT input to the TF101 !!!
It does NOT appear in the Keyboard/Settings ! It is shown as CONNECTED in the Wireless settings! Any help would be appreciated.

megamouth2
Old
(Last edited by megamouth2; 5th July 2011 at 09:06 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Sorry for the delay, guys. I managed to get it to work!
Basically, you need to pair the keyboard and the tablet, then download BlueKeyboardJP from Android Market.
After it's installed, enable BlueKeyboardJP from the "Language and Input" settings. BlueKeyboardJP [by default, I think] should attempt to connect to the keyboard automatically when you touch a text-entry field. So press the 'pair' button on the bottom of the keyboard again, touch a text-entry field, and the keyboard should connect and [hopefully] work perfectly!
It managed to do it with mine, and I found that, when choosing a keyboard map in BlueKeyboard, US works best, rather than any other settings.
Hope this helps!

If I'm honest, it's a very good stand and they keyboard works well. I made a few modifications to the stand part to enable it to sit back a bit more [otherwise the tablet was almost vertical when in landscape mode], but other than that, it works very well. It's very secure, and it makes a great alternative to the Asus Keyboard- especially if you don't want to lug an extra unit with a battery around.

inigoml
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by megamouth2 View Post
Basically, you need to pair the keyboard and the tablet, then download BlueKeyboardJP from Android Market.
How do you did it? That is, download BlueKeyboardJP.
I cannot find it via market (it's blocked for Asus Transformer) and using market web site neither allow me to donwload since none of my devices (HTC hero, HTC Desire or Asus Transformer) is compatible with it.
Any way to download .APK file from somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

luckybird2011
Old
Thanks Meter 4
This is very helpful to me too. Thank you very much!