Flag Palmyra, PA
Thanks Meter: 11

136 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pctechdroid

I am on the .596 root made by p3droid.

I am wondering if I could reinstall the 2 parts to get back to a stock .596 root with all the apps back on. Every once in awhile my phone will reboot and apps will just force close then reopen with no questions.

It should work. The last time I switched from cm7 to .596 I flashed a backup first and then the 2 part install over it without losing the data from the backup.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to nukeruss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2011, 01:12 AM   |  #22  
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 66

88 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeruss

It should work. The last time I switched from cm7 to .596 I flashed a backup first and then the 2 part install over it without losing the data from the backup.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA Premium App

Thank you. I will try that. I don't mind reinstalling apps from the market and anything else. My contacts are saved with google and pictures are fine on my SD card.
8th July 2011, 02:09 PM   |  #23  
Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
More
Loading GB stuck on boot up screen(red moto icon). I SBF to 2.3.340, then z4rooted, installed provided droid 2 bootstrap, installed part 1 and part 2. After they installed, select option to reboot, but the DX gets stuck at the red moto icon and sits there for at least 20 mintues, gave up and tried to reboot it, same thing. Ended up SBFing back to 2.3.340 and rebooted it. Any ides why the the GB version will not boot up? Thanks for your help.
8th July 2011, 07:05 PM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

135 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamaberry

Loading GB stuck on boot up screen(red moto icon). I SBF to 2.3.340, then z4rooted, installed provided droid 2 bootstrap, installed part 1 and part 2. After they installed, select option to reboot, but the DX gets stuck at the red moto icon and sits there for at least 20 mintues, gave up and tried to reboot it, same thing. Ended up SBFing back to 2.3.340 and rebooted it. Any ides why the the GB version will not boot up? Thanks for your help.

Yes, For you I would suggest the second option at the end of my GB tutorial; which is after you install the 2nd .zip go back to the main menu, and do a cache/data wipe. if that doesn't work then pull the battery put it back in the hit the power & home button while powering on. This should bring you into the stock recovery. try to do the cache/date wipe in here. To do this: after you boot into it, you'll get a warning sign, hit the search button. the click on the wipe option, wait for about 2-3 minutes (if it gives you an error) or wait till it says it's done. Then restart. Remember this takes some time after it reboots. Mine took about 3-4 minutes the first time I booted, and about 5-7 for a friend's (his is older than mine) to start up the first time. What I would do is hold the phone in your and if you feel it vibrate, that means that it will start up eventually, it's just loading stuff.
8th July 2011, 11:26 PM   |  #25  
Minneapolis, MN

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shukero

Yes, For you I would suggest the second option at the end of my GB tutorial; which is after you install the 2nd .zip go back to the main menu, and do a cache/data wipe. if that doesn't work then pull the battery put it back in the hit the power & home button while powering on. This should bring you into the stock recovery. try to do the cache/date wipe in here. To do this: after you boot into it, you'll get a warning sign, hit the search button. the click on the wipe option, wait for about 2-3 minutes (if it gives you an error) or wait till it says it's done. Then restart. Remember this takes some time after it reboots. Mine took about 3-4 minutes the first time I booted, and about 5-7 for a friend's (his is older than mine) to start up the first time. What I would do is hold the phone in your and if you feel it vibrate, that means that it will start up eventually, it's just loading stuff.

Tired it again, today, still no luck, did option two and did the wipe/factor reset. Also held the phone in my hand to see if it would vibrate, which it did not. waited for 10 minutes and it was still at the red moto icon. Anyone have an other ideas?
Last edited by bahamaberry; 9th July 2011 at 02:58 PM.
11th July 2011, 07:06 PM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member

135 posts
hmmm Your update files might have become corrupt while download them. Try to re-download the Gingerbread update files and try again.
12th July 2011, 10:32 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 3

123 posts
Stuck on red moto logo as mentioned above
...So after installing as advised, part 1 than part 2 immediately thereafter...got the reboot to the red MOTO LOGO...than gets me to this black screen

Bootloader
Err:A5,69,35,00,27

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

i tried holding down the power and home button at reboot, but i dont get back into recovery mode where i can attempt to wipe data/cache...

Any advise?
12th July 2011, 01:57 PM   |  #28  
Minneapolis, MN

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shukero

hmmm Your update files might have become corrupt while download them. Try to re-download the Gingerbread update files and try again.

Thank you shukero, they were indeed corrupt files, even though nothing said they were. I down loaded the files again, and this time the red moto icon disappeared after about 1 minute, and it booted :)

On a note about GB, love it, its fast, clean and rooted yay.
12th July 2011, 05:47 PM   |  #29  
Flag CLEVELAND, OHIO
Thanks Meter: 4

31 posts
More
Part 2, Mirror 3 is expired.

At least that's what RapidShare is telling me.

Thanks
12th July 2011, 07:00 PM   |  #30  
OP Senior Member

135 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghxoxst

...So after installing as advised, part 1 than part 2 immediately thereafter...got the reboot to the red MOTO LOGO...than gets me to this black screen

Bootloader
Err:A5,69,35,00,27

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

i tried holding down the power and home button at reboot, but i dont get back into recovery mode where i can attempt to wipe data/cache...

Any advise?

This seems to be an error with your flashed ROM. This is probably also because of a corrupted download. re-download the updates, check their file size, re-sbf and try again

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread