[Q] Sound Issues on GS4G??

Search This thread

Mizun0h

Jun 17, 2011
Atlanta Ga
Hi all.
I made the switch from an iphone about a month back and noticed a major change in sound quality when I line out to my car or speakers.

I'm really confused about this and am hoping someone could shed some light on what's going on or a fix.

My setup:
-Car: 07 Honda civic with premium sound system and stock subwoofer. nothing fancy.
-Phone: Black ice, voodoo, ext4 data
voodoo is at default settings, i tried adjusting the max volume or something and it just made it sound distorted

Here is the problem:
-If I plug my iphone into my car and turn the iphone volume all the way up the max volume I can stand on my head unit is 25 out of 40. And it sounds clear.

-With the GS4G's volume at max, volume 40(max) on my head unit is not even loud enough and becomes distorted. I never had distortion issues with my iphone. Is this simply hardware limitations or is my phone not configured correctly

The majority of my music listening is done in my car. So any help is appreciated.
-And please dont call me an apple fan boy. Because im not. Lol Id never go back over android.

Last edited:

yosif yackson

May 9, 2011
Richmond Va
Well I use mine in the same way aux and so far so good but I do notice I have to turn up the volume on my deck for phone calls no distortion though

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

Hi all.
I made the switch from an iphone about a month back and noticed a major change in sound quality when I line out to my car or speakers.

I'm really confused about this and am hoping someone could shed some light on what's going on or a fix.

My setup:
-Car: 07 Honda civic with premium sound system and stock subwoofer. nothing fancy.
-Phone: Black ice, voodoo, ext4 data
voodoo is at default settings, i tried adjusting the max volume or something and it just made it sound distorted

Here is the problem:
-If I plug my iphone into my car and turn the iphone volume all the way up the max volume I can stand on my head unit is 25 out of 40. And it sounds clear.

-With the GS4G's volume at max, volume 40(max) on my head unit is not even loud enough and becomes distorted. I never had distortion issues with my iphone. Is this simply hardware limitations or is my phone not configured correctly

The majority of my music listening is done in my car. So any help is appreciated.
-And please dont call me an apple fan boy. Because im not. Lol Id never go back over android.
Yes, I think your AUX cable is messed up, as in, its different for iphone n other phones. However if you are using a 3-contacts regular stereo auxiliary cable, it should have worked fine, just check the cable once before going further in resolving the issue.

The 4 contact aux cable, which also has provision for mic support maybe causing this issue....

shotchacokov

Mar 20, 2011
Orlando
Motorola Edge (2021)
Make sure you have the latest voodoo control app.

Set the volume limit to +3 line out optimal
Set the head phone volume to 3db (All the way up)
Play around with the bass boost until it sounds good to you.

My bass boost is set to medium, gain + 6, and range 20%. See of that helps.

Sent from my Buttery Smooth Galaxy S 4G using XDA app.

Last edited:

Mizun0h

Jun 17, 2011
Atlanta Ga
Thanks for the advice. Sounds solid. Ill test when I get home

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

Hey everyone thanks for all the advice. I finally got it set to my liking.
First I updated the voodoo control app. I think that was the main problem.
Then settings are as follows:
-headphone amp: -2
-volume limit: 3
-bass boost: sub, gain of 6 and range at 20%
Everything else is stock.

Again thanks for the help.

-and sorry for the double post. I meant to edit the original with my statement in quotes.

shotchacokov

Mar 20, 2011
Orlando
Motorola Edge (2021)
Good deal man. It does help quite a bit to tweak the audio. I hope that the final release of uber music has an eq for further audio tuning... If you don't have that player, you should get it.

Sent from my Buttery Smooth Galaxy S 4G using XDA app.