Here you have new release which is much more stable than all previous!
Mostly I was working on solving problems, increasing performance and reliability, so:
1. Horizontal scrolling in Programs, Settings, Office etc. solved.
2. Problem with excluded applications list solved.
3. Many improvements had been done in scrolling together with bugs fixing.
4. Problem with a few instances of FTouchFlo running at the same time solved. You'll not start more than one instance now.
5. Problem with forwarding stylus events to gwes in scrolling mode solved. It was the reason of a unstable scrolling.
6. Problem with memory leaks when starting applications solved.
1. Possibility to set up initial mode: "Scrolling" or "Launching".
There is additional parameter int the config file:
;Initial mode (S - scroll, L - launch)
2. Now you'll see small icon at top of your screen showing current FTouchFlo mode.
S - scrolling, L - launching and D - disabled (application is in excluded apps list).
You can now switch between modes by tapping at the icon.
3. A few more or less bugs found and killed (of course some new bugs introduced )
Thank you all for good ideas, unfortunately it's just impossible to implement them all in reasonable period of time + I was really concentrated on reliability and performance.
I hope that A4 is a last Alpha version!
P.S. Don't forget to uninstall all previously installed FTouchFlo versions! Calibration.dat file you shouldn't delete.
Friends, I really didn't feel good yesterday when I was writing description to Alpha 3.
Error is in description how to toggle between scrolling and launching modes. You should use DOWN->UP->DOWN gesture to toggle. E.g. from the bottom of the screen, move your finger to the top and then back to the bottom.
Update 2007-10-15: Alpha 3 available now!
Thanks to all donators!
Changes in alpha 3:
1. Solved problem with iContact and other applications without name of window. Just put name of exe file into excluded programs list.
2. Delay function added to configuration: delay time in milliseconds before "standard windows behavior".
3. Launch applications function added.
FTouchFlo now has 2 operation modes: scrolling and launching.
To toggle between operation modes you should use up-down gesture. If mode has been toggled you'll hear a beep.
You can use GestureWaitingDelay parameter in the config file to set up how much time FTouchFlo will be waiting for gesture. So, for example, if you'll set up there 1000 ms, FTouchFlo in the scrolling mode will be waiting 1000ms before start scrolling. As less GuestureWaitingDelay, as fast you should move your finger. Try to find suitable value for you.
Once you're in the launching mode you can use 4 gestures:
down-up, up-down, left-right, right-left to start 4 different applications.
There are 8 parameters in the config file for this:
You can guess what they mean by their names, actually...
As an example I can show how to start .swf files by Down-Up gesture:
DownUpAppCmdLine:/Cube Launcher 0-03.swf
Before installing alpha 3 it is necessary to uninstall previous versions. Calibration.dat file you shouldn't delete because it is the same for alpha, alpha2 and alpha3.
P.S. Application becomes more and more complicated and it is harder and harder to introduce new features. I've spent 2 days near the computer and I'm going to calm down for a while. Also I've got flu, so alpha 3 might be affected by this fact.
Update 2007-10-14: more info about Alpha 2
1. Before installing alpha 2 it is necessary to uninstall previous version. Calibration.dat file you shouldn't delete because it is the same for alpha and alpha2.
2. FTouchFlo reloads configuration file (with excluded programs list) each time you're opening new application, so after you add new application to exclusion list, keep in mind that FTouchFlo will start ignoring it after you switch to other application and then switch back.
First of all I want to say Thank You to all donators!
Alpha-2 version is now available!
1. Improved calibration routine.
2. Excluded applications list added.
3. FTouchFlo doesn't work if SIP is working.
4. Delay before "standard windows behavior" function decreased to 100ms.
5. Improved speed and reliability.
Still not solved:
1. Horizontal scrolling in Programs, Settings etc.
2. Transcriber doesn't works.
3. No sound on screen taps.
4. Strange issue: "In Spanish, it's installed in "Menu Inicio\Programas\Programs" and uninstall doesn't work.".
5. Possible to start more then one instance of MouseEvent.exe and possible to start Callibration.exe. Just now I remembered about these problems.
How to configure programs which shouldn't be affected by FTouchFlo:
There is a file FTouchFloConfig.txt in the program directory.
Contents of the file after installation:
; FTouchFlo configuration file
; Exclude applications
; end of configuration
You can use application exe file name or application's window name. So, to put, for example, Calculator application to the list you should add there:
Program will re-read contents of config file automatically.
P.S. Don't forget about donations ... It is really hard to find free time.
P.P.S. In advance I want you to excuse me for my English and probably not so clear explanations. It is 3:10 a.m. now...
P.P.P.S. You may use this software on your risk. I'll not take responsibility for possible problems... and so on and all stuff like this.
Update: Scroll function videos: scroll 1 and scroll 2
Hi to all owners of HTC PDAs who wants to use TouchFlo but their PDAs doesn't support it!
After a deep research how touch screen works and communicates with gwes I've made an application which is able to intercept all stylus movements and process it or forward to gwes.
It is still necessary to do a lot of things like calibration and other stuff, but in fact it works!
I'll continue working but I really don't have much free time, so your donations will speed up development.
-=<Here>=- and -=<Here>=- you can see how it works now. It can recognize movements in four directions and start selected programs: Internet Explorer, Calculator, TMail and File Explorer.
Also I am looking for your ideas how to use this software... there are few possibilities I noticed and going to implement:
1. Start programs depending on direction (like it works now).
2. Use it for scrolling with finger.
3. Create a library so any developer can use it to implement their ideas.
Thanks a lot for my friends (Pavel and Sergey) who are working on this software. Without their help such progress wouldn't be possible.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I've tested it on HTC Trinity, but I'm sure it will work on any HTC PDAs with touch.dll written according to Microsoft specification.