Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,588 Members 47,940 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Project Cheesecake] Unlocking the DEFY bootloader! - ABANDONED

Tip us?

samcripp
Old
(Last edited by samcripp; 19th July 2011 at 12:41 PM.)
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1786

DONATE TO ME
Default [Project Cheesecake] Unlocking the DEFY bootloader! - ABANDONED

So we just got the Atrix unlocked, and i dont own a defy, but i think the method could work for you guys as well.

Im gonna need a few things from you guys to check servers, and once i figure out whats up i will be handing out more perfect instructions.

I would like to give credit to navalynt for creating the files use to search the test -clouds for updates.

Anyways. all i need to begin with is a build.prop from your current most up to date stock build.

i will come back in a few hours and check the thread.

also if you guys have a good irc i could use to comunicate with devs i apreciate it.

EDIT: i would like to add that im not promising anything, nor am i asking for donations or devices. i just want everyone to have an unlock.

Websites: SamCripp | OpenCripp (my open source projects) | Crowd Funding (a better option than the donation button)
Releases: [ROM] Ninja Atrix 4G | Fruit Cakes for Atrix 4G | ROM Factory | Project Cheesecake App
Current Devices: GSM Galaxy Nexus | 16gb Nexus 7 | ATT Motorola Atrix 4G | Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (Gen 1)
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to samcripp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krustbr
Old
(Last edited by krustbr; 15th July 2011 at 04:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
im using a cm7 nighly build, dunno if that can help, a motorola's froyo version should be better, or not?

keep going the good work!

n i recommend u to contact quarx: http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=513620
and/or Epsylon: http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=803131

who maintains the CM7 ports to defy

pjgowtham
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Hmm..I heard that someone told that atrix's methord wont work on defy........may be it would be wrong......

chhanga
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Would the leaked GBs help ?

samcripp
Old
Thanks Meter 1786

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chhanga View Post
Would the leaked GBs help ?
they could, if you could point me to them that be great

also i need to know whats the latest "OFFICIAL" build is, and get a build.prop for it.

many people doubt there is an unlock, but we can really only know if we look for it.

Websites: SamCripp | OpenCripp (my open source projects) | Crowd Funding (a better option than the donation button)
Releases: [ROM] Ninja Atrix 4G | Fruit Cakes for Atrix 4G | ROM Factory | Project Cheesecake App
Current Devices: GSM Galaxy Nexus | 16gb Nexus 7 | ATT Motorola Atrix 4G | Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (Gen 1)
The Following User Says Thank You to samcripp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gommers1978
Old
Thanks Meter 229

DONATE TO ME
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki....29_Stock_ROMs

Here are all the links to the different SBF's allso Stock Roms. Do not know if you mean this or need something else.

real_cornholio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
do you ned build.prop final (Froyo 2.2) or from Beta (Gingerbread 2.3) release?

Gusar321
Old
Thanks Meter 72
The Atrix uses a different bootloader, so the method of unlocking that will indeed not work on the Defy.

samcripp
Old
Thanks Meter 1786

DONATE TO ME
I need a build.prop for froyo.

No one said we are going to apply the ATRIX bl. Im gonna search for a defy build.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

gommers1978
Old
Thanks Meter 229

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcripp View Post
I need a build.prop for froyo.

No one said we are going to apply the ATRIX bl. Im gonna search for a defy build.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App
This is the froyo build.prop from the latest 3.4.2-117 UK ROM i pulled it out of a nandroid of this official ROM.

Hope it helps.

P.S. Rename to build.prop
Attached Files
File Type: txt build.prop.txt - [Click for QR Code] (5.6 KB, 291 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gommers1978 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
rip unlocked bootloader