Thanks Meter 69
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Gainesville, FL
DONATE TO ME
[updated][how-to] sbf tutorial [how-to][updated]
Ok, so after scanning through the SBF thread and a few others and finding instructions all over the place, I decided to bring them all together in one post. Sorry if I don’t mention everybody that contributed these instructions by name but there were a lot of instructions on how to flash the SBF to our phone. You know who you are and I personally thank you and believe everybody else does also.
To begin, download the necessary files and drivers:
Froyo 2.2.2 SBF File
Gingerbread 2.3.3 SBF File
Gingerbread 2.3.4 SBF File
RSD Lite 5.3.1 and Drivers
RSD Lite 5.4.4
1. Reboot your computer and your phone after downloading and installing everything and before you go to flash the SBF file. Use 7-zip to extract the SBF file...
2. Once you have rebooted your computer, go ahead and start RSD Lite and point it at the SBF file and plug your USB cable into your computer ONLY!
3. Turn your phone off.
4. Turn the phone on by pressing and holding the POWER AND VOLUME DOWN buttons until you see FASTBOOT. Press volume down until you reach RSD and press volume up once.
5. Plug your phone into your computer and wait until you see it in RSD Lite and click Start.
6. Your phone will reboot when the process is complete. DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE FROM UNTIL THE COMPUTER UNTIL THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE.
7. If the phone boot loops pull the battery and boot into the stock recovery by pressing and holding power and volume down until the phone says FASTBOOT, once the phone says FASTBOOT, press volume down until you see ANDROID RECOVERY, once you see ANDROID RECOVERY, press BOTH the volume up and the volume down buttons. You will see the familiar triangle with the exclamation point and the Android. At this point press volume up and down simultaneously again and select “wipe data/factory data reset” by pressing the power button.
8. Reboot your phone and you should be back to full factory default, like new out of the box.
If you have any other problem with RSD Lite, try running it as administrator in Win 7/Vista...
"you know your rooted when bootloops don't scare you..."
TyTn >> Dream >> iPhone 3Gs >> Droid X²>>Droid 3>>Droid X²>>Galaxy Nexus>>Galaxy S4
Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi - P7510>>Nexus 7
"Just a ping testing latency..."