[Build] ThaiDai Android Loader and Setup v2.3 [DISCONTINUED]
ThaiDai Android Loader is a program for Windows Mobile 6.1
A few words why I stopped development:
I had to stop this project for personal reasons (reason called baby).
And this was easy because nearly nobody (or only a few < 10) used my loader.
But more important for me now: I do not see any improvements on bugs or missing features for Blackstone with Android, there is no real kernel developer community anymore. Sound problems, BT, battery and performance aren't funny if you want to use the device. For playing with Android it was ok and I learned a lot. But not for every day use. So I switched back to WinMo 6.1.
And yesterday I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note. Android rules!
(6.5 builds will not work because there is an error in writing files with Windows Mobile 6.5 which will appear when linux makes a fsck. So no support for 6.5
You can use builds like Damn Small Topix (Rapidshare works)
or other 6.1 builds)
If you run into problems and want help, please provide me with the generated log files in folder "thaidaiboot/Logs".
No Logs = No help!
With the loader you can start Android or you can install Android without doing the usual things: no copy, no edit, no changes etc.
The setup (a normal cab-file) prepares the necessary files on your sd card automatically.
With the program you select what you want to do (install, backup, restore, change device, choose Android Build, edit startup.txt and build.prop) and press "Boot". That's it.
Program is installed in autostart folder and will automatically boot into last chosen OS after a number of seconds (default 100 s, you can change of course). Stopping countdown is easy: klick somewhere or change a value).
FRX07.1 build is included as default. More builds to come from tomorrow.
-------------------- v2.3, 2011/09/18 --------------------
Changelog: including 2.0/2.1/2.2 changes, starting with 2.3 ;)
- ---- 2.3 ----
- Editor for build.prop for each build
- Explanations for entries in build.prop (just started to gather them)
- additional logging information in window mobile stage of installation
- selected builds stay in original folder (so no system.tgz in folder thaidaiboot) and are used in rootfs.img for installing /system
---- 2.2 ----
- Timer option for booting into Android automatically after n seconds is working correctly now.
- I added the option to select Apps for installation - but I do not change the apps delivered with the specific build. So this part ist only for your own flavour of apps you want to add.
- Next big change: Editor for startup.txt. You can easily change the commandline parameters (like display density or OC or ...). The set parameters cannot be changed until now (I didn't see the necessarity).
- Resolution changed to 480x800 and using it. So from now concentrating on Blackstone. Other 480x800 devices may work but still no guarantee.
- Resolved some stupid error with choosing Kernels (I just found this one today, nobody else did before)
---- 2.0/2.1 ----
- Changed format for builds to tgz. Now it is easier for me to prepare cwm based builds
- New rootfs.img for installation and updates with tgz files
- Added download links for build thunderbolt
- In every build I checked I have to make changes to build.prop: double entries, wrong entries, obsolete entries, stupid entries, optimized entries. That's why I started adding a build.prop-editor to my program.
- As default I still use NeoFroyo. (without GAPPS).
- Added GAPPS as Update-Package (selected on first start, please install)
- New setup package and installation file for windows mobile
- For all typical devices like Blackstone, Diamond, Raphael, Rhodium, Topaz
- New user interface in windows program
- autostart into Android after n seconds (changeable)
- new UI (Hubs)
- switched from comboboxes to lists for selection (better information on first look)
- new ts-calibration for Topaz (thanks to Aggy in Neopeeks forum)
- changing Hubs color possible (just for fun)
- removed Apps from system.ext2 to folder APPS, so the different Builds will be much smaller and I have to install and upload Apps only one time
- with apps in folder Apps the selection of Apps in loader program will soon be possible
One big cab file (about 95 MB) including everything.
Setup for ThaiDai Android Loader v2.3 with FRX07.1
Bugfix for Exe, please copy to your program files folder with thaidailoader, will give a complete new cab file next days.
Some more builds:
Setup for Build Froyo Blue
Prepare SD card:
You need 4 primary partitions on sd card (I use MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition)
All sizes here are only examples. Start with them, feel free to change.
- All partitions have to be "primary" (ignore warning in Windows)
- Partition 1: FAT32 (at least put folder "thaidaiboot" from zip here)
- Partition 2: EXT2, about 150 MB (used for Android system partition)
- Partition 3: EXT2, about 250 MB (or more for Android data partition)
- Partition 4: EXT2, about 100 MB (for Android cache partition)
- Size of partition 1: [Size of sd card] - [Size of 3 EXT2]
Delete folder thaidaiboot on sd card and deinstall Loader program before using this setup (copy cab to sd card and start it).
- copy first big cab to sd card
- execute cab and start setup
- install on sd card (not on internal memory!)
- start "ThaiDai Android Loader" from start menu
- select your options and boot into Android
Adding new builds:
- copy cab for build to sd card
- execute cab and start setup
- install on sd card (not on internal memory!)
- start "ThaiDai Android Loader" from start menu (build will be copied - takes some time)
- select different build and install (Please start program one time before adding builds!)
- Do not edit or change files in folder "thaidaiboot" on your own. Use the program.
- I hope it will install now in all language versions of Windows Mobile. I tested it only with an english installation. And maybe some foreign fonts (like Thai ;)
aren't recognized by haret.exe or linux.
-------------------- ThaiDai Android Loader options: --------------------
- make Clean
When started in Windows Mobile no Task is selected!
After "haret.exe" is started my installation script will go through the selected tasks
- Select "startup.txt" and "ts-calibration" from folder "Startups" for possible devices in FRX07 like Blackstone, DIAM, RHOD, RAPH, Topaz
- Select the build you want to install
- NeoFroyo (default)
- XDAndroid FRX07 (the original)
- ... (tell me what you want to see here)
- Select the kernel you want to use
-------------------- OK-not OK: --------------------
- For a new and clean installation (data is deleted) choose: "backupSystem", "backupData", "makeClean", "installSystem"
- For an update of your system (no data changed) choose: "installSystem"
- You can always choose to start with backups first and choose: "backupSystem", backupData"
- Tasks with "fix..." are only necessary for updates I will post here
- Select Device [Blackstone]
- When you select another device, the program checks if there is a "startup.txt" in the folder of this device. If not found, nothing is changed. When a "startup.txt" is found it is copied to the folder "thaidaiboot" and you can start your device.
- If a "ts-calibration" is found, it is copied. Please be careful: I do not know if all ts-calibration files are ok.
Tested only on Blackstone
- Wifi works right from the first start
- Market ok
- Phone ok
- Camera and Video
- Root access ok
- 3.5 jack ok
- 3G (UMTS HSDPA in Germany) ok
- Audio stuttering
- Youtube not really good (HD problems, normal ok)
- Bluetooth starting, but no pairing