[Recovery] ClockworkMod Recovery flashable from bootloader
Someone asked if it was possible to flash ClockworkMod Recovery through hboot instead of using RomManager. The answer...yes.
Primary reason something of this nature may be useful, as I see it, is if your recovery is damaged, your ROM is bootlooping, and you don't want to use or have access to ADB.
In that case you would:
- remove your sdcard from your phone
- place the zip on the root of the sdcard (using an adapter or another phone) and make sure it is named the appropriate "PG05IMG.zip"
- place the sdcard back in your phone
- boot to bootloader as if you're installing a radio (power+VolDown from powerOff). It will then find the zip, recognize it as recovery and ask if you want to install (if it does not prompt then select "Bootloader" from hboot).
- Follow the instructions and after it finishes flashing pull your battery to power off (since the ROM will be bootlooping and hboot will constantly find the zip)
- Now remove the sdcard and delete the zip (via adapter or other phone) like you did to put it on the sdcard, then place the card back in the phone.
- Boot back to bootloader (Pwr+VolDwn)
- Select "Recovery" and use CWR to wipe data/cache, flash a new rom, restore, or whatever you wish.
Obviously not the only reason since some people prefer this method over RM but clearly in that case the whole sdcard switching mess is unnecessary. Just do steps 2 and 4 and reboot when prompted like you do with radios.
Remember to remove any PGO5IMG.zip from your sdcard when done.
If this isn't useful to you, so be it. I just figured I'd throw this out there. Maybe it will help someone.
I will keep this updated as new versions come out for those few that find it useful.
**Credit to Koush and jcase**
All I did was decide to throw them in a zip that was useful in some situations for panicking users.
8/9/2011: Added latest official stable for mecha (22.214.171.124) released 8/8/2011.
8/30/2011: Added latest official stable for mecha (126.96.36.199) released less than an hour ago. Added mirror.
8/31/2011: Added latest official stable for mecha (188.8.131.52)
9/1/2011: Added latest official stable for mecha (184.108.40.206)
9/5/2011: Added latest official stable for mecha (220.127.116.11)
2/1/2012: Added touch based CWR released this morning (18.104.22.168) *NOTE: Have not personally tested.
If any of these cause problems please let me know immediately.
66750618ecfba292c0b0e42c50c2c3ee - (CWR22.214.171.124)PG05IMG.zip
1f390edad7e87310fe80b3264a57b14b - (CWR126.96.36.199)PG05IMG.zip
6aac529cedcd2b22afac7391a4cb7efb - (CWR188.8.131.52)PG05IMG.zip
bf25b2601441b9fffb7d68954c4ff3b5 - (CWR184.108.40.206)PG05IMG.zip
dfe1ddf0c574977ee2c1828735ef2dc0 - (CWR220.127.116.11)PG05IMG.zip
8474c8d607177b0144eec624dea687b7 - (CWR18.104.22.168)PG05IMG.zip
c4c1d9c5e553fd7b151352551b931369 - (CWR22.214.171.124)PG05IMG.zip
58557e1e355c795d748c2e6c66251f0a - (CWR126.96.36.199)PG05IMG.zip
SGN (toro) - CM10 Nightlies
Thunderbolt - CM7.1.1, 906w, custom theme
Droid - CM7 #174
HTC Touch Pro - Calkulin 6.5
1) I have a question that apparently noone has asked since I cannot find the answer. What do I do?
2) How-to: Ask a question
|| Stock CM7 Kerns