Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Should I update Clockwork for SRF1.2?

Tip us?

CashToAsh420
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Should I update Clockwork for SRF1.2?

I currently have Clockwork Rec. version 3.0.0.5 orange. I already flashed SRF1.2 onto my Epic, but everything seems to be fine.

Also, I want to install the full loaded version. Do I just put the 7mb zip onto my sdcard and do an install from sd card without wiping/factory reset?

Thanks.

lancelane
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I just updated from 3006 with no problems. I also put the clean Rom on.

Sent from my Epic on Midnight or my Galaxy Tab rooted (feels naked without a ROM)
Samsung Epic:

SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1, Twilight Zone Kernel, Launcher Pro Plus, LockMenu, Zee Favorites.

I tried the rest and now I use the best: Syndicate RULES!

ashamir
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I updated to the CWM purple (3.0.2.5 i believe), flashed SRF 1.2 and did a CWM backup. After I was getting many FCs, I decided to restore my CWM backup, and now CWM has reverted back to orange. Is this a problem? Will it affect future flashing? Thanks!

rocket321
Old
Thanks Meter 452
I don't think data restore works between CWM versions, so be aware of that. Otherwise 3.1.0.1 (Purple) is the latest and greatest. Be aware if you flash a pre-rooted kernel with a prior version of CWM included, you may wind up with two different versions of CWM installed.

If you're going to use 3.1.0.1 I'd suggest also flashing Clean Kernel or Genocide as those are both updated with 3.1.0.1 reboot recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to rocket321 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]