Ask a question

No registration required

Should I update Clockwork for SRF1.2?

OP CashToAsh420

22nd July 2011, 02:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I currently have Clockwork Rec. version 3.0.0.5 orange. I already flashed SRF1.2 onto my Epic, but everything seems to be fine.

Also, I want to install the full loaded version. Do I just put the 7mb zip onto my sdcard and do an install from sd card without wiping/factory reset?

Thanks.
22nd July 2011, 04:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 17

124 posts
I just updated from 3006 with no problems. I also put the clean Rom on.

Sent from my Epic on Midnight or my Galaxy Tab rooted (feels naked without a ROM)
22nd July 2011, 05:59 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

92 posts
I updated to the CWM purple (3.0.2.5 i believe), flashed SRF 1.2 and did a CWM backup. After I was getting many FCs, I decided to restore my CWM backup, and now CWM has reverted back to orange. Is this a problem? Will it affect future flashing? Thanks!
22nd July 2011, 07:27 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 482

741 posts
I don't think data restore works between CWM versions, so be aware of that. Otherwise 3.1.0.1 (Purple) is the latest and greatest. Be aware if you flash a pre-rooted kernel with a prior version of CWM included, you may wind up with two different versions of CWM installed.

If you're going to use 3.1.0.1 I'd suggest also flashing Clean Kernel or Genocide as those are both updated with 3.1.0.1 reboot recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to rocket321 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread