[APP] [18 November] [RC1] Energy XDA_UC Configuration Tools 2 (EXCT2)

Search This thread

M3PH

Aug 6, 2007
Gloucester, mebbe
I've just used the beta 2 version and for all the files I needed to backup it worked. From your original EXCT Tools thread you had an mscr file that copied files from the XDA_UC folder to your phone. Is it possible to reintroduce this file?

Just use the mscr file. It is possible to get EXCT2 to copy files but there are too many possiblities to code for to make it worth it past what it can do already, which is all pretty static stuff.

All the mscr file does anyway is copy everything from "xda_uc\copy2root\" to the main root of the device. I guess i could code a menu item that would create the mscr file but i'm not really willing to do more than that unless someone can come up with a good reason for me to do so

*EDIT*
I've been thinking about this and i have 2 possible solutions (i'll let you pick the one you like).

1. Post it in post 1 as an optional download.

or

2. Include it in the cab file so it is installed with EXCT.

So which one would you prefer? Personally i like the optional download option but i can do either

Last edited:
Reactions: yeoldgreat1

M3PH

Aug 6, 2007
Gloucester, mebbe
Just a post to let you know that Beta 3 Should be landing tomorrow. I've also uploaded some new screenshots to post 1 to give a better idea of what the program looks like and also as a preview of the subtle UI changes (notice the close button and the removal of the windows close program button on the sub forms).

Beta 3 is a big update. It fixes all but one of the known bugs and adds a few new features. I recommend that all users update to the new version once it is released.

I've also got some proof of concept code for Beta 4 that will check to ensure the installed .Net version is atleast 3.5. I've done this so users can't attempt to run it with incompatible versions.

Last edited:

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Just a post to let you know that Beta 3 Should be landing tomorrow. I've also uploaded some new screenshots to post 1 to give a better idea of what the program looks like and also as a preview of the subtle UI changes (notice the close button and the removal of the windows close program button on the sub forms).

Beta 3 is a big update. It fixes all but one of the known bugs and adds a few new features. I recommend that all users update to the new version once it is released.

I've also got some proof of concept code for Beta 4 that will check to ensure the installed .Net version is atleast 3.5. I've done this so users can't attempt to run it with incompatible versions.

I'm finally home and testing the last build now for release. We've come a long way guys. This one is a big update.

EDIT: Testing is done. New beta should be on the way in a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: M3PH

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
The Twitter bug is finally squashed, so now the app will write to the proper folder and create one if it doesn't exist instead of crashing. It also now includes the copy2root mortscript. If you aren't aware of it's functions, then you should be. It's pretty handy all around.

The layout is more finger friendly this time around too. Now that everything is in proper working order, I think some new features are in store for the next release.

M3PH

Aug 6, 2007
Gloucester, mebbe
The Twitter bug is finally squashed, so now the app will write to the proper folder and create one if it doesn't exist instead of crashing. It also now includes the copy2root mortscript. If you aren't aware of it's functions, then you should be. It's pretty handy all around.

The layout is more finger friendly this time around too. Now that everything is in proper working order, I think some new features are in store for the next release.

The testing version only crashed on the twitter sub procedure because i disabled its error handling so we could find the problem ;). I will probably look at updating said exception handling in the future to include more descriptive error messages and error codes :eek:. I just need to work out a numbering system. You game for that?

New features will be added (i spose i better start working on the alarm export code but it's gonna be a pain coz it will be about 500 lines of code :(). I may start looking at the sense settings too. I have an example reg file somewhere I just need to find it and if you guys have any sensible ideas let me know. The rules for suggestions are in one of the first 3 posts.

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
The testing version only crashed on the twitter sub procedure because i disabled its error handling so we could find the problem ;). I will probably look at updating said exception handling in the future to include more descriptive error messages and error codes :eek:. I just need to work out a numbering system. You game for that?

Bring on the crashes. :p

New features will be added (i spose i better start working on the alarm export code but it's gonna be a pain coz it will be about 500 lines of code :(). I may start looking at the sense settings too. I have an example reg file somewhere I just need to find it and if you guys have any sensible ideas let me know. The rules for suggestions are in one of the first 3 posts.

Here's the first one. Any others you need? I have tons of reg keys stowed away.

Code:
[B][U]Sense tab order[/U][/B]

HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\Configuration

Reactions: M3PH

M3PH

Aug 6, 2007
Gloucester, mebbe
Getting this error whenever I try to run the new version

[images removed]

Can't get it to open at all. Using EnergyROM 29022 Sense2.5 Cookie2.0 from July 4th

Wierd! really wierd! can you install the attached package, run EXCT2 again and post the error (if there is one)? it will give me a better idea of what failed. Also can you run cgacutil.exe (found in the windows folder) and tell me what the output is. thanks

Attachments

• NETCFv35.Messages.EN.cab
    401 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Yusuke14

Feb 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
HTC U12+
Wierd! really wierd! can you install the attached package, run EXCT2 again and post the error (if there is one)? it will give me a better idea of what failed. Also can you run cgacutil.exe (found in the windows folder) and tell me what the output is. thanks
It just has 'An unexpected error has occured in EXCT2.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program or select Details for more information.'
My previous post has the results of pressing details, those two images.
Result of cgacutil is:
Mircosoft .NET Compact Framework [3.5.9198.0]

M3PH

Aug 6, 2007
Gloucester, mebbe
It just has 'An unexpected error has occured in EXCT2.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program or select Details for more information.'
My previous post has the results of pressing details, those two images.
Result of cgacutil is:
Mircosoft .NET Compact Framework [3.5.9198.0]

Ok. I know where the problem is (it's in the folder browser) and i think it's because for some reason it can't create the root node ("\") or populate it with the list of folders on the device. For speed reasons this is the first thing the program does (even before it has drawn the main form). Now, this works on my HD2, the WM 6, 6.5 and 6.5.3 emulators (running stock images) and on CFB's device (not sure if he tests it on both of them and i'm not sure what they are). The thing is i don't have a rhodium to test with so i can't have a play and try to fix it, which sucks.

If anyone wants to either lend me a Rhodium/tilt 2 or (and i really don't like this idea) take the code we can fix it.

I'm sorry i can't be more help right now.

Last edited:

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Ok. I know where the problem is (it's in the folder browser) and i think it's because for some reason it can't create the root node ("\") or populate it with the list of folders on the device. For speed reasons this is the first thing the program does (even before it has drawn the main form). Now, this works on my HD2, the WM 6, 6.5 and 6.5.3 emulators (running stock images) and on CFB's device (not sure if he tests it on both of them and i'm not sure what they are). The thing is i don't have a rhodium to test with so i can't have a play and try to fix it, which sucks.

If anyone wants to either lend me a Rhodium/tilt 2 or (and i really don't like this idea) take the code we can fix it.

I'm sorry i can't be more help right now.

I've got my Rhodium sitting next to me as my e-mail machine. It's got the same ROM as my Leo, so I didn't bother with testing it. I didn't think it would matter. Remind me tomorrow, and I'll test it out. I'm going to get some sleep for tonight.

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Ok, so as an update to others watching this thread, the next big bug we're tackling is the crash on the Rhodium. It's heading in the right direction of narrowing down causes. I'm sure we'll get it solved in no time. We'll need to get some others with different devices to test it out too. If you know another member with a WM device other than the Rhodium, Leo, or Sable, let us know.

Reactions: jb789 and M3PH

M3PH

Aug 6, 2007
Gloucester, mebbe
Little update on the rhodium crash bug.

I've sat up all night talking to CFB and JVH3 and we have managed to replicate it on several different TP2 roms. We are pretty confident that it is due to the lack of memory that device has. So, i have sent the code over to JVH3 and he is working on a more memory friendly version of that code.

Hopefully we'll have a working version in the next day or so and we'll get it out to you guys once it's been tested.

BTW massive thanks go out to JVH3 for entertaining my inner moron :)

Reactions: jb789

JVH3

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
After making some code changes, I got it working on my Tilt 2 (Rhodium).

M3PH is in the UK and was up until about midnight Central Time, or almost 6 AM in the UK. I sent the code that I changed through email at about 4:30 AM Central Time.

Sleep is important and I expect M3PH is going to catch up on that before updating it.

The good news is that it should be coming soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    exct2title.png

This thread is for the discussion, development and support of EXCT2. EXCT2 is compatible with all Energy Roms based on Windows mobile 6.5 and it is entirely possible that it will work with other stock and custom windows mobile roms.

EXCT2 is the continuation of a project i started last year which can be found here. It was born out of a hatred for the hours it took to configure a new rom install.​

EXCT2 expands on EXCT by adding a basic User Interface and allowing for a large amount of automation for settings gathering from the system registry. No registry editors required, no Third party XML file writers needed. EXCT2 will detect exchange server settings, audio manager storage paths, Windows Live and palringo settings and so much more all at the touch of a button and export them in the appropriate file type in the folder of your choosing for XDA_UC (or possibly Sashimi) to import.​

EXCT2rc1SS1.png
    EXCT2rc1ss2.png
    EXCT2rc1ss3.png
    exct2rc1ss4.png
    EXCT2rc1ss5.Png

Requirements:

Windows Mobile 6.5 or 6.5.x (it may work with 6.0 and 6.1 as well but this has only been tested in the SDK's emulator and may not work as expected)
    .Net Compact Framework 3.5
    XDA_UC (it may well work with other settings importers like sashimi)
    Some patience :)

Known Bugs:

All known Bugs have been squished for now

Download:

All downloads will be hosted here and new builds will also be hosted on XDA. Hosting the newest version anywhere else is strictly prohibited and if you want to host mirrors of previous versions seek my permission first.

Some Fun Stuff

I have had some forum banners made up so the users can identify themselves to each other. Also so it is easier to identify the testers and myself outside of this thread. If anyone donates towards the continuation of the project you will get a special supporters banner. Below is the users banner for you to download. Thanks to Swiss420 for creating them and also for doing the program icon. Swis has also just come up with the EXCT2 Splat!

The Thank you's

Finally i should say thank you to a few people simply because they have put up with me pestering them with questions and because they have provided code. These people are XDA members Ultrashot, Stephj, Xcaliburinhand. Also Jesse Jiang and Reed Kimble the on MSDN forums have contributed greatly. Finally The testing team deserve a big thanks (even the guys that went MIA) CanjunFlavoredBob deserves the biggest thanks for sticking with it and providing some great suggestions and ideas.​
    After making some code changes, I got it working on my Tilt 2 (Rhodium).

M3PH is in the UK and was up until about midnight Central Time, or almost 6 AM in the UK. I sent the code that I changed through email at about 4:30 AM Central Time.

Sleep is important and I expect M3PH is going to catch up on that before updating it.

The good news is that it should be coming soon.
    The Changelog

Changelog:

18 November (RC1)
    Updated Visual look
    Other minor bug fixes

23 September (Beta 5)
    Added CHT export (hidden and disabled till the CHTE team sort out a bug in their code)
    Fixed Minor issue with twitter export
    Added People tab order export
    Added Manilla Tab order export
    Fixed issue with Alarm 2 and alarm3 exports

15 August (Beta 4)
    Added Alarm export functions
    Some small UI tweaks
    Improved Operation Complete and Operation Failed dialogs
    Other small tweaks and fixes

24 July (Beta 3.1)
    Fixed Rhodium crash (thanks to JVH3)

22 July 2011 (beta 3)
    Complete UI redesign.
    Added File overwrite checking
    Adjusted Time elapsed check in file write success check to 10 seconds
    Improved Exception handling
    Added "Export all" click detection to reduce the amount of message boxes it generates
    Updated xml export code to include updated error handling, file overwrite protection and Export all click detection
    Added copy.mscr to cab file (Installs to "\Storage Card\XDA_UC")
    Added copy2root folder detection/creation code
    Various Other internal changes

10 July 2011 (beta 2):
    Fixed xml file write checking code
    Improved folderbrowser (thanks to stephj)
    Improved combobox item description for all xml functions
    Fixed Twitter function (thanks to CJB for helping with that)
    Added framework for file copies. Will allow for opera settings export later
    Added some basic exception handling
    probably some other things i forgot to write down

30 June 2011 (beta 1):
    First public release
    Ok, so as an update to others watching this thread, the next big bug we're tackling is the crash on the Rhodium. It's heading in the right direction of narrowing down causes. I'm sure we'll get it solved in no time. We'll need to get some others with different devices to test it out too. If you know another member with a WM device other than the Rhodium, Leo, or Sable, let us know.
    So i've spent the last couple of days working on the bug i spotted in the images i posted. the solution, if it works, is basically an improvement on the code that is already there. It just means i don't have to recode it for every new form and it is easier to call in the existing instances.

I've also spent some time working on a new feature. I just need to lay down the export code and set up the variables but everything i need for the basic form layout is done (including the arrays for the combo boxes and the GUID generator that it's gonna need). I don't wanna say anymore about it but i think you guys are gonna love it.

Anyway, i'm off for some friday night fun time.