Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] boot animation wont change

Tip us?

the_KEV
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] boot animation wont change

I'm not exactly sure this is in the correct section but here goes... I have downloaded different boot animations, replaced the bootanimation.zip file using file expert, made sure the permissions were the same, but when I restart my phone, i keep getting the same old factory one. Is there an extra step that I'm missing?

the_KEV
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
I forgot to mention, that I am rooted. I thought it was the file explorer program, to I downloaded root explorer, and when I tried to change the name of the original bootanimation.zip, it says that it cant because the file system is read only. Could it have something to do with my problem?

dLo GSR
Old
Thanks Meter 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_KEV View Post
I forgot to mention, that I am rooted. I thought it was the file explorer program, to I downloaded root explorer, and when I tried to change the name of the original bootanimation.zip, it says that it cant because the file system is read only. Could it have something to do with my problem?
mount the system as R/W before you do anything in /system. it's at the top of the screen in root explorer.
Nexus 5 - CM11 / Android L dual-boot
Nexus 7 - CM11
Samsung Galaxy S III - CM 10.2 Jelly Bean 4.3
Motorola Atrix 4G - CM9 Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4
Softbank 705px

the_KEV
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Thanks, that did it. But now instead of the one I downloaded, all I get is the word "android"

the_KEV
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
NVM I got it now thanks again

dratsablive
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I noticed that after upgrading to lastest OTA that the bootanimation sound doesn't play, even the stock AT&T one. The sound files are present, but they just don't play.

Any suggestions?

madnav
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dratsablive View Post
I noticed that after upgrading to lastest OTA that the bootanimation sound doesn't play, even the stock AT&T one. The sound files are present, but they just don't play.

Any suggestions?
location for sound file has changed to /system/media/audio/notifications/
The Following User Says Thank You to madnav For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dratsablive
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by madnav View Post
Thanks that did the trick

the_KEV
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by madnav View Post
is this for audio during boot? My phone never played audio during the boot process. I thought it was normal.

madnav
Old
(Last edited by madnav; 29th July 2011 at 07:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_KEV View Post
is this for audio during boot? My phone never played audio during the boot process. I thought it was normal.
yes, but it will be played only if mentioned so in the desc.txt inside the bootanimation.zip at /system/media/

it is unnecessarily complicated now by changing the location to the new one while the config file resides in bootanimation.zip which originally remains at the same old place.