Wondering why you aren't getting OTA?

Search This thread

Final View

Jul 14, 2011
Ontario
I went to a T-Mobile store earlier today, and ended up talking to them about the official OTA update for G2x. Turns out they pulled it because of "Issues it had". My LG update tool messed up my two phones, so I'm no longer trying that. My only chance for an official GB is the OTA, so I was forced to ask a lot of questions when they broke the news. They said they have no idea when the update will go live again, but it will work again once the issue is fixed. I'm not going to go through the whole "soon" phase again. Hopefully this is fixed fast.

Last edited:

ickster

Feb 12, 2011
North Texas
Thanks for posting this. I've decided to wait, but have been curious why I had not seen it on my G2X. My daughters update via OTA came the day after it came out. I assumed I hadn't seen it 'cause I'm rooted.

Final View

Jul 14, 2011
Ontario
Thanks for posting this. I've decided to wait, but have been curious why I had not seen it on my G2X. My daughters update via OTA came the day after it came out. I assumed I hadn't seen it 'cause I'm rooted.

No Problem... They most likely stopped the update today since I talked to Customer Service yesterday, and they said "Wait for the OTA once your replacement arrives".

D

Deleted member 2371530

Wow so no ota update anymore? Btw what kinda of os were u using to update to 2.3?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Pecata

Dec 31, 2009
Salt Lake City
Hmmm, that is strange...I wonder what kind of issues they are talking about?
I've updated mine trought the LG Update tool(have the LGP999DWP), worked just fine, so far not having any issues.
I hope once they fixed whatever they are doing to be able to install that update as well.

I am not rooted-running all stock software.

D

Deleted member 2371530

I went back to stock rom and rwcovery im still rooted thou (heard root doesnt matter) and i have a win 7 64 bit im scared to try to do it thru the update tool

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

cenwesi

Apr 6, 2007
Some where in USA
Lol, guys if you can exchange this phone for the sensation i will suggest you do it ASAP!. LG has pretty much washed their hands off this phone. It kinda reminds me of what Nokia did with the N900. Anyway i had an opportunity to exchange mine with NO cost and ended up getting $3 back this Monday. This phone is nothing but trouble. BT don't even work properly.

Pecata

Dec 31, 2009
Salt Lake City
Lol, guys if you can exchange this phone for the sensation i will suggest you do it ASAP!. LG has pretty much washed their hands off this phone. It kinda reminds me of what Nokia did with the N900. Anyway i had an opportunity to exchange mine with NO cost and ended up getting $3 back this Monday. This phone is nothing but trouble. BT don't even work properly.

How did you exchange for the Sensation? T-Mobile said that they can give me G2 but not the Sensation. How did you do it?

Final View

Jul 14, 2011
Ontario
Nah, the sensation has a lot of issues aswell. I rarely have any problems with my G2x, Sensation is a downgrade IMO.

Reactions: brightseasonwes

Pecata

Dec 31, 2009
Salt Lake City
If you're willing to downgrade. Just hassle them until they offer the sensation. Rant about the Specs and what you paid. Worked for my bro.

No, i was just curoius I guess. I don't like the HTC Sense UI, it is way too much for me. It slows down the phone way too much too.

The gingerbread update we got from LG is half way done if you ask me. T-Mobile should make them finish it and then push it as OTA to all of us...just a thought

Reactions: brightseasonwes

wmm

Jun 23, 2007
Sudbury, MA
IF this is true (and haven't there been lots of threads over the last couple of months where sales/support/service representatives confidently asserted "facts" that proved to be false or were even obviously wrong at the time?), I'm hoping it might be to rectify the one point about the upgrade that has been universally panned: the loss of the LG Froyo camera application. It would be nice to get some independent confirmation, but given both LG's and T-Mobile's demonstrated unwillingness to say anything definitive about anything, that seems unlikely...

richteralan

Aug 3, 2010
Hong Kong
IF this is true (and haven't there been lots of threads over the last couple of months where sales/support/service representatives confidently asserted "facts" that proved to be false or were even obviously wrong at the time?), I'm hoping it might be to rectify the one point about the upgrade that has been universally panned: the loss of the LG Froyo camera application. It would be nice to get some independent confirmation, but given both LG's and T-Mobile's demonstrated unwillingness to say anything definitive about anything, that seems unlikely...

Dono't get your hope up. IF what OP said is true, I would only expect a new update without the glitch. Nothing more , nothing less.

cenwesi

Apr 6, 2007
Some where in USA
How did you exchange for the Sensation? T-Mobile said that they can give me G2 but not the Sensation. How did you do it?

Well you see, i explained to them that i bought a G2x (dual core,blah blah....), if i wanted a G2 i would have bought it. After all it is a 2yr or so old phone. Went on about how the BT on the phone does not work with an expensive BT. How it freezes....basically every other problem people where having i let them know. But she wasn't budging and i gave the phone back to the tmobile manager. Anyway to make a long story short i was nice to the manager and explained it all to him and even took it one step further. Right before i got to his store on monday, the BT locked up just like i suspected it would and i showed it to him :) and from then on he did is magic :)

Just like i ask the tmobile rep on the phone: if she had a lexus (LS 430) and she paid FULL price for it and it turns out to be a lemon. If lexus refuses to fix the problem or give her her money back but instead wanted to give her a honda from 2yrs would she take it? she was basically silent....that is when i handed the phone over to the manager. Anyway keep *****ing and they will definitely switch you over.

cenwesi

Apr 6, 2007
Some where in USA
Nah, the sensation has a lot of issues aswell. I rarely have any problems with my G2x, Sensation is a downgrade IMO.

Yes ALL phones have their issues but i can assure you the sensation problem is way less than the G2x.
Don't kid your self about sensation being a downgrade because it is really not. How is it really a down grade...is it because of sense? have you really played with it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you're willing to downgrade. Just hassle them until they offer the sensation. Rant about the Specs and what you paid. Worked for my bro.

No, i was just curoius I guess. I don't like the HTC Sense UI, it is way too much for me. It slows down the phone way too much too.

The gingerbread update we got from LG is half way done if you ask me. T-Mobile should make them finish it and then push it as OTA to all of us...just a thought