[ROM] 12/30/11 - CleanROM 3.0 Preview 1 Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
CR.png

Preview 1

CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up Sprint Stock ROM with some features and enhancements! This is not a heavily themed ROM!
All HTC and Google Apps are up to date as of 12/30/2011.
ROM is de-odexed and based on official Sprint RUU 2.08.651.2.

Features
  • Kernel: stock kernel by mwalt with capacitive light dimming and always on notification LED
  • ROM Tweaks: ROM Tweaks by Evo Bryan ported from RomanBB - More options than ever!
  • Apps: ES File Explorer, DSP Manager
  • Tethering: WiFi Tether for 3G and 4G Wireless Tether / Sprint Hotspot
  • Tweaked: Performance, Battery, MMS, Browser, more!

Changes is in this version:
  • Changed: Massive Framework changes! Do not use old mods from the 2.x series. They will break the advanced functionality. Its only safe to flash fonts and ringtones. Read more below in the Important Note!
  • Added: ROM Tweaks by Evo Bryan. This is the ULTIMATE in ROM customization.
  • Removed: ROM Updater. See Important Note below!
  • Updated: All apps as usual

Known Issues / Why is it only a preview build?
  • Due to framework changes the old mods will not work!
  • Due to framework changes there is a gap in icon spacing when the sync icon or the Headphone icon is shown in the status bar. There could be other status bar icon mismatches but they would be minor visual issues and NOT affect performance or stability. Find one point it out so I can fix it!

CR_3.0.p1.png

Important Note:
ROM Updater has been removed due to massive framework changes! Do not flash any old mods to this ROM except Ringtones and Fonts. There is a project in the works that will replace ROM Updater. I hope to have it off the ground in a few weeks. I will let you know when its ready! For the time being use the UOT Kitchen to make battery changes and share any mods you make for other people. If you want to learn how to port over the old tweaks to the new frame work just post a thread and I will help you. Its not hard but is time consuming to port 90+ mods.

Download via Talkatap app here

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Donate via Tapatalk

Please THANK this thread if you enjoy this offering!

Last edited:

Scott

Prerequisites
  • Custom Recovery installed
  • hboot 1.3 / hboot 1.4 / hboot 1.5
  • Note to hboot 1.5 Users you will loose WiFi and 4G unless read the hboot 1.5 notes HERE

How to Flash
  • Download ROM and place on the root of your SD Card
  • Boot into recovery mode
  • Wipe Data / Factory Reset
  • Flash ROM
  • Reboot and enjoy!

Change Log

How to use ROM Updater!

• You must read the instructions HERE to use ROM Updater!

Thanks to:

• bcblend / mwalt2 - Kernel
  • Beta Team: brol1k, F_K3NT_D, Newboyx, lrod0175, AZ FadeOut and many others!

Last edited:

jhuff83

Jun 15, 2010
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Must be in high demand.

meatgel

Sep 9, 2007
Colorado
I flashed this with a clean wipe and my issue is I cannot get Google Voice to be my voice mail default. It only offers carry as the only selection. I set it all up like I did before root and it doesn't work.

The app says I set if up correctly -- but it doesn't give me the screen to tell me to dial that long number.

Any ideas? Is anyone else having the issue? I have a separate number for Voice -- I didn't link my Sprint number, if that helps.

Scott

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Must be in high demand.

link is down! :[ lol

Who was to know? lol. I uploaded it to my own website. The links are refreshed.

I got 20TB of bandwidth i can share over at androidfilehost.com email me at bpvarsity@gmail.com if you need the rom hosted
Thanks but I am good. I was being lazy and using DropBox because it was more simple than firing up the ugly FTP client. I uploaded to my unlimited account now. Thanks greatly for the offer though!

Sorry about that!

Last edited:

Scott

I flashed this with a clean wipe and my issue is I cannot get Google Voice to be my voice mail default. It only offers carry as the only selection. I set it all up like I did before root and it doesn't work.

The app says I set if up correctly -- but it doesn't give me the screen to tell me to dial that long number.

Any ideas? Is anyone else having the issue? I have a separate number for Voice -- I didn't link my Sprint number, if that helps.

I will take a look for you in a little while I am at about 2% battery. I just had to return to stock because I tried flashing a ROM from... Well never mind. I had to return to stock and battery is near dead. Once I am charged up I will take a look. I am sure its something simple. I may have done too much house keeping when I cleaned the ROM.

Reactions: meatgel

meatgel

Sep 9, 2007
Colorado
I will take a look for you in a little while I am at about 2% battery. I just had to return to stock because I tried flashing a ROM from... Well never mind. I had to return to stock and battery is near dead. Once I am charged up I will take a look. I am sure its something simple. I may have done too much house keeping when I cleaned the ROM.

Don't stress yourself, man. I think I figured it out. I think I attached my number to Google like I didn't want to ... dumb. Now I have to figure out how to go back to 2 numbers. :(

thanks for the response, though! And the cool clean rom!

stinkdified

Jul 2, 2010
St. Louis
Been rocking this baby all day, no problems found yet, thanks a million!

one quick question: is there any to disable the sense 3.0 lockscreen and revert to the old traditional android lockscreen?

Scott

Been rocking this baby all day, no problems found yet, thanks a million!

one quick question: is there any to disable the sense 3.0 lockscreen and revert to the old traditional android lockscreen?

Im sure there. I have a ROM I am workign on now with the lock screen disabled but I am not sure what I did to disable it then got called into work... UGH! So now I am stuck at work and cant have any flashing fun :mad:

Maybe someone else can chime in on this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CR.png

Preview 1

CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up Sprint Stock ROM with some features and enhancements! This is not a heavily themed ROM!
    All HTC and Google Apps are up to date as of 12/30/2011.
    ROM is de-odexed and based on official Sprint RUU 2.08.651.2.

Features
    • Kernel: stock kernel by mwalt with capacitive light dimming and always on notification LED
    • ROM Tweaks: ROM Tweaks by Evo Bryan ported from RomanBB - More options than ever!
    • Apps: ES File Explorer, DSP Manager
    • Tethering: WiFi Tether for 3G and 4G Wireless Tether / Sprint Hotspot
    • Tweaked: Performance, Battery, MMS, Browser, more!

Changes is in this version:
    • Changed: Massive Framework changes! Do not use old mods from the 2.x series. They will break the advanced functionality. Its only safe to flash fonts and ringtones. Read more below in the Important Note!
    • Added: ROM Tweaks by Evo Bryan. This is the ULTIMATE in ROM customization.
    • Removed: ROM Updater. See Important Note below!
    • Updated: All apps as usual

Known Issues / Why is it only a preview build?
    • Due to framework changes the old mods will not work!
    • Due to framework changes there is a gap in icon spacing when the sync icon or the Headphone icon is shown in the status bar. There could be other status bar icon mismatches but they would be minor visual issues and NOT affect performance or stability. Find one point it out so I can fix it!

CR_3.0.p1.png

Important Note:
    ROM Updater has been removed due to massive framework changes! Do not flash any old mods to this ROM except Ringtones and Fonts. There is a project in the works that will replace ROM Updater. I hope to have it off the ground in a few weeks. I will let you know when its ready! For the time being use the UOT Kitchen to make battery changes and share any mods you make for other people. If you want to learn how to port over the old tweaks to the new frame work just post a thread and I will help you. Its not hard but is time consuming to port 90+ mods.

Download via Talkatap app here

Donations always accepted but never expected!
    Donate via Tapatalk

Please THANK this thread if you enjoy this offering!
    Prerequisites
    • Custom Recovery installed
    • hboot 1.3 / hboot 1.4 / hboot 1.5
    • Note to hboot 1.5 Users you will loose WiFi and 4G unless read the hboot 1.5 notes HERE

How to Flash
    • Download ROM and place on the root of your SD Card
    • Boot into recovery mode
    • Wipe Data / Factory Reset
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot and enjoy!

Change Log

How to use ROM Updater!

• You must read the instructions HERE to use ROM Updater!

Thanks to:

• bcblend / mwalt2 - Kernel
    • Beta Team: brol1k, F_K3NT_D, Newboyx, lrod0175, AZ FadeOut and many others!
    1.5 HBOOT Fastboot Recovery Instructions

***This method is for those used this particular HTC unlock method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=16808235#post16808235 It should be pretty much the same with other methods as long as the files and folders are named the same***

1. Go to settings>power and make sure fast boot is NOT checked.

2. Power down your device

3. Boot into the bootloader (Vol Down + Pwr Button)

4. Once your into the bootloader, highlight fastboot and hit the pwr button.

5. Connect you phone to your pc via usb cable and your phone should now say Fastboot USB.

6. Open the command prompt on your PC, and navigate to the rootevo3dnew folder you downloaded during the unlocking process above.(example type C:\cd\rootevo3dnew to get to C:\rootevo3dnew).

7. Type the following command in the command prompt: fastboot boot cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img (again this is for the unlock method above. If you used a different recovery change the recovery.img in the command to your particular recovery.img file name) and press enter.

8. Your phone should have now booted into Recovery. From here you can wipe cache/flash zips as you normally would and enjoy the added benefits of flashing custom kernels.

If I missed anything please feel free to correct me as I am currently at work and trying to do many things at once lol.

Updates in Version 2.3
    Removed: Teeter, Gooogle Music, XDA App, Google+, FOTA Updates
    Added: Quick Lookup
    Added: MMS Options - 5 MB Limit with Back Up and Restore
    Added: Camera Mod with HDR and Panoramic modes
    Added: Zip Align on boot
    Updated: WiFi Tether to 3.1B6
    Updated: Minor UI Changes to ROM Updater
    Moved: Flash Light to System

Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering!
    CleanROM 2.8 is now released!

Changes in Version 2.8 - 11/7/2011
    • Reverted: Kernel from Bcblend and other kernel tweaks to mwalts stock dimmed lights kernel.
    • Added: Stock Battery to SD Card in CleanROM folder
    • Updated: Market 3.3.11
    • Updated: WiFi Tether 3.1-pre 100
    • Updated: ES File Explorer 1.6.0.7
    • Updated: Maps 5.11.0
    • Updated: Gmail 2.3.5.2
    • Updated: Adobe Flash 11.0.1.153
    • Updated: Host File
    CR_2.7.png

Please hit Thanks and Dontae :D