[Kernel][GB][KG4/KG6/KH2/KI1/KI3/KJ1] Stock Kernel + CWM + Voodoo EXT4 Lagfix

Search This thread

drhonk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Singapore
These are modded stock kernel from all gingerbread leak. I didn't change anything to these kernel, they are pure stock but did added few mods to it.

Things I added:

- CWM Recovery (Voodoo Red).
- Voodoo lagfix (it will convert /system, /data, and /cache partition to ext4 during first boot)
- Auto root (kernel will automatically root your GB ROM if its not rooted and install superuser.apk)

Installation procedure for RAW LEAK version:
- Install kernel using ODIN version, phone will reboot automatically.
- Go to recovery (adb reboot recovery).
- Disable voodoo
- Reboot
- Install busybox from market
- Go to recovery (adb reboot recovery)
- Enable voodoo
- Reboot

ODIN version:
stock+Voodoo-T959VKG4.tar
stock+Voodoo-T959VKG6.tar
stock+Voodoo-T959VKH2.tar
stock+Voodoo-T959VKI1.tar
stock+Voodoo-T959VKI3.tar
stock+Voodoo-T959VKJ1.tar

CWM Flashable:
stock+Voodoo-T959VKG4-unsigned-update.zip
stock+Voodoo-T959VKG6-unsigned-update.zip
stock+Voodoo-T959VKH2-unsigned-update.zip
stock+Voodoo-T959VKI1-unsigned-update.zip
stock+Voodoo-T959VKI3-unsigned-update.zip
stock+Voodoo-T959VKJ1-unsigned-update.zip

Last edited:

richielasalsa

Mar 26, 2009
Minnesnowta
Thanks man for the hard work..

but have a problem do you flash this in phone,pda, or bootloader i tried all 4 option and it doesnt move what so ever

mbernusg

Mar 9, 2010
NJ
Oh man...!!!! Now I have to flash kg4 bootloaders

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

mbernusg

Mar 9, 2010
NJ
Actually where can i find the bootloaders? I flashed hawks deodexed sans the bootloaders. will I have to extract from original leak? Or should I still be on froyo cause I can't get into recovery on this rom

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

Last edited:

Jerry D

Mar 5, 2011
Damn! Now I have to switch to Gingerbread. Great work drhonk!

Thank You! You are the Man! :)

tehjeh

Jul 10, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So... my kernel flash failed, and I got the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue." message... Am I screwed? or should I still be able to enter download mode?

EDIT: Scratch that, it took a bit, but my phone appeared in Odin again. No worries :D

DOUBLE EDIT: This just flashes in the 'PDA' field right? I'm not doing anything wrong?

Last edited:

TheKucho

Jul 22, 2011
AThis sounds like good news, if only i understood what most of the stuff meant. Can someone give me accurate, precise directions on flashing this, it would be greatly appreciated. Current info: I'm on balil 3.3UV kernel, ICBINB, and kf2 modem. Thanks for all the help awesome community! Thanks to drhonk for making this kernel too!

GDofWR420

May 3, 2011
Truly brilliant work drhonk. Thank you once again for your superior dev work on this phone.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

penguin0609

Feb 6, 2011
Florida
which slot does this get flashed from bootloader, pda, phone, or csc

This is a modded stock kernel from the latest gingerbread leak, UVKG4. I didn't change anything to the kernel, it's pure stock but did added few mods to it. In theory .. this kernel should work with any GB leak for SGS4G as long as you're still on Froyo bootloader or KG4 bootloader, otherwise you won't be able to get to recovery. :)

Things I added:

- CWM Recovery (Voodoo Red).
- Voodoo lagfix (it will convert /system, /data, and /cache partition to ext4 during first boot)
- Auto root (kernel will automatically root your GB ROM if its not rooted and install superuser.apk)

NOTE:

This is ODIN file, use ODIN to flash this kernel .. if you don't know how, google it. :)

T959VUVKG4_Kernel_CWM_Voodoo.tar

Fluidification

Feb 26, 2011
Humans, (and some others),

To flash. Put it into PDA on ODIN, or extract it and put the zImage in Heimdall.

Top Liked Posts