iPhoneToday v1.5.2 (Apr 15, 2010)

Search This thread

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Good to see that IPT is alive. For all users they are using the manila today page tab..

Meltwater have done an amzing job with the SenseUtil app. It helps to add and remove tabs in an easy way. Also the most tab cab files are updated by me (posting 109 and 119 in meltwaters thread).

It is not really an ITP issue but better to know then to die stupid ;)

tito12

Feb 15, 2008
Tel Aviv
Hi tito, sorry for disturb, i have install iptweather but in my display there is only 3 icons 1 (venice) is now, 2 is do day 3 is do night. if i wont lu-ma-and me? is possible ?
thanks sorry for my english

Hi Uberto, of course it's possible, I hope you get the answer from michoob because it's been such a long time since I installed that I can't remember :eek:
You have to create a lot of blank icons first...

uberto.costanzo

Sep 25, 2008
Venice Italy
J have 1 question for you, for use folder weather "If you want to have IPTW on a separate folder (Folders for iPT) then you set:
IPTWiPhoneTodayClassName=FolderW" but iptwiphonetodayclassname where is in my setting there is not tanks

luca_mzq

Oct 14, 2008
@Tronikos

7.Have you made any progress in adding icons outside of the main area and bottom area, so that we aren't restricted to them? I'd like to be able to define an icon anywhere that I want, including by giving exact coordinates.

This things are very interesting,why can not it change?

michoob

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2008
Brussels
@muca_mzq: use iPhoneToday.exe or iPhoneTodayDesktop.exe version. The DLL = Today plugin version cannot overwrite top and bottom bars, this is a WM limitation. Or maybe you are talking about something else, then sorry.

chuggy

Nov 23, 2007
Can anyone tell me what i'm missing?

I need a shortcut to my call history with a notification bubble. I created a shortcut to call history that opens from File Explorer, but when i point to the short cut in IPT it doesnt do anything.

Here are the settings I have:

Type: Missed calls
Image: Phone.png
Sound: none
Execute: \windows\calls.Ink
Parameters: None
ExecuteAlt: None
ParamsAlt: None
Launch Animation: Checked

I'm on the latest Energy Titanium Rom. If someone could at least provide me their settings I'd appreciate it.

Idealy it would be nice to provide a shortcut to the "notification enhancment", but i cant seem to find any sign of that possibility.

6700Freak

Aug 10, 2007
Ankeny
Is it possible to show the next appointment on a set of Icons on the IPhone today screen?
Much like the large clock that uses up 8 icons (2 full rows)?

Not having a quick calendar view on the today screen is about the only thing that is driving me nuts at this point.

Thanks.

luca_mzq

Oct 14, 2008
I want arrange icons, as in this picture

Attachments

• d_1.jpg
    d_1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 211

luca_mzq

Oct 14, 2008
@chuggy
actually,picture is from a wince 6.0 (wayteq x950) with modified shell

But my interest is also for iphonetoday

Last edited:

michoob

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2008
Brussels
Can anyone tell me what i'm missing?

I need a shortcut to my call history with a notification bubble. I created a shortcut to call history that opens from File Explorer, but when i point to the short cut in IPT it doesnt do anything.

Here are the settings I have:

Type: Missed calls
Image: Phone.png
Sound: none
Execute: \windows\calls.Ink
Parameters: None
ExecuteAlt: None
ParamsAlt: None
Launch Animation: Checked

I'm on the latest Energy Titanium Rom. If someone could at least provide me their settings I'd appreciate it.

Idealy it would be nice to provide a shortcut to the "notification enhancment", but i cant seem to find any sign of that possibility.
To Link an icon to a Call History, don't do it your way, but have a look at the FAQ. Link to the FAQ in first post.

D

Deleted member 1890170

Originally posted by swyner at GpsPasSion:

I have a car pc wince 5 device that I have ben able to install everything fine. The ONLY issue I have is the iphonetoday program for some reason when I touch the screen it moves away from the icon I touched originally and it is almost like its too sensitive. So much so I cannot click on any icon. When I sweep from right to left or left to right it doesnt go smoothly. Its very jumpy and impossible to use. My touchscreen works fine in all other apps and I can click, double click, etc. Just doesnt work with the iphonetoday screen. I see "movement" settings but not sure what to change. Anyone have this issue?

Can anybody help him/her?

Last edited by a moderator:

swyner

Dec 30, 2009
Milton
I tried that and nothing works. I have a usb touch screen from my OEM touch screen and like I said, works fine in my nav shell and menu system and wince shell from miopocket. Only this app it doesnt work. Someone else has to have seen this????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://code.google.com/p/iphonetoday/

Watch a video demonstration at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG-T2Fv1onE

Submit and vote suggestions at: http://www.google.com/moderator/#16/e=4fa9

FAQ's at: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=542727

Changelog

iPhoneToday v1.5.2 (Apr 15, 2010)
    1. Improved scrolling performance. It should be really fast when there is no wallpaper or there is a gradient or image background for the mainscreen pages. Under these conditions you could even enable alpha blend on background without any performance loss.
    2. Improved animation performance.
    3. Added new animation effects. The available ones are: "None", "Expand rectangle from center", "Zoom out from center", "Zoom in to center", "Expand rectangle from clicked area", "Zoom out from clicked area", and "Zoom in to clicked area".
    4. Added "animation" tab in options where you can select the animation effect, the animation duration, and whether to launch the application before the animation.
    5. The "out of screen" tab got more options. You can now configure to stop scrolling when there are no more icons in a given direction.
    6. Added an option to tile the background images.
    7. Included a couple of tileable textures.
    8. Included an iPhone background for the BottomBar.
    9. Included some nicer looking bubbles.
    10. When adding a new icon, it is now by default inserted at the end of the list not at the beginning.
    11. Whenever edit boxes receive the keyboard focus all the text in them is selected and the keyboard is shown.
    12. For PNDs added a "KB" button next to the "OK" and "X" buttons.
    13. icons.xml and settings.xml are now always saved with DOS new lines.
    14. Center button of D-pad jumps to first page.
    15. Added --goto:right and --goto:left (similar to the --goto:next and --goto:previous).
    16. Added a "Cradle State" icon.
    17. Fixed non updating "Calendar & Appointments", "Unplayed Voice Mails" and "Irda State" icons.
    18. Fixed exec alt of "Missed Calls & Signal Strength & Operator Name" icon.
    19. Fixed an issue when text's color is black.
    20. Other minor fixes and improvements...

iPhoneToday v1.5.1 (Apr 3, 2010)
    1. Using registry notifications instead of polling for updating notifications (bubbles, date, time, etc.). Notifications (and reloadIcon) should now appear immediately. Battery foot print should also be smaller.
    2. Icon, text, circles, offset sizes, etc. are scaled automatically if the application is launched in a different resolution than the one in settings.xml (LastConfiguredAt).
    3. Bubbles are alpha blended.
    4. Position, size, text, etc. of bubbles are configurable.
    5. Added background image support for static bars (bottom bar and top bar). Gradient background can now be used even when a wallpaper is set. The background (gradient or image) of static bars can be alpha blended to the wallpaper.
    6. ShrinkToFit option of static bars now shrinks the text height in addition to the icon width.
    7. Added font settings dialog.
    8. Renamed "GPRS State" icon to "Cell Network State".
    9. Added "Missed Calls & Signal Strength & Operator Name" icon.
    10. Added "Unplayed Voice Mails" icon.
    11. Added "Irda State" icon.
    12. Added "Phone Profile" icon.
    13. No sound or vibration on launch if current profile is silent.
    14. When battery is charging a dot is shown before the battery percentage to indicate charging.
    15. If operator name is empty show NA for signal.
    16. Changed the field "type" in the icon settings dialog from dropdown to droplist.
    17. Fonts in the fonts subdirectory are automatically added/removed.
    18. Load strExec and strParameters (in addition to nScreen, nIcon, strName, and strImage) from HKLM\Software\iPhoneToday\Icon...\ when HKLM\Software\iPhoneToday\reloadIcon is set.
    19. Added a separate text quality option for text inside icons.
    20. Added new pressed icons.
    21. Added minimize OnLaunchIcon option (you have to manually edit settings.xml).
    22. Added UpdateWhenInactive option (you have to manually edit settings.xml) to always update notifications even when window is inactive. The default value is 0 to save battery.

iPhoneToday v1.5.0 (Mar 21, 2010)
    1. Fixed battery drainage issue.
    2. Improved quality of icons by using the averaging interpolation method for resizing them.
    3. Added an alternative method for alpha blending to the background that should be faster but requires more memory.
    4. Added an option to "use mask for transparency" that might help the scrolling performance on some devices.
    5. Added text quality option (Default, Draft, Nonantialiased, Antialiased, Cleartype, Cleartype comp), but it is available only when alpha blend on background is disabled.
    6. Added facename (font family) option for the text labels under the icons, the header text, and the special icons text. (you have to manually configure the XML, no dialog yet).
    7. Added shadow and roundrect options for the header text.
    8. Added --winkey command to display the start menu.
    9. Added an option to show battery percentage while charging (enabled by default).
    10. Changed default value of vibration for non phone devices to 0.
    11. Fixed crash when copying icons from topbar.
    12. Fixed bug with pressed icon not displaying correctly when alpha blend is enabled.
    13. If reloadIcon is 2 icons.xml are saved after loading them from registry.
    14. Installer now displays a warning that today plugin will not be available if you choose to install to storage card.
    15. Some minor fixes and improvements.

iPhoneToday v1.4.9 (Mar 15, 2010)
    1. Fixed degraded quality of images of previous release (image resizing is done by the Windows Imaging API again).
    2. Fixed a bug with background resizing.
    3. Added RoundRect option (for now only in the XML, no dialog yet) to display a black rounded rectangular behind the text (like Android).

iPhoneToday v1.4.8 (Mar 14, 2010)
    1. Using LPNG library (an extremely light-weight library - it just adds 6KB) if imaging API fails (mostly helpful for PNDs where imaging API is often missing). This allows now all devices to load and display transparent PNG icons.
    2. Huge memory savings compared to v1.3 when AlphaBlend is disabled (32bit icons are now converted to whatever the screen supports, usually 16bit).
    3. Fixed text labels being 1-2 pixels left of the center of the icons.
    4. Fixed background color of options dialog to be the windows default color for menu backgrounds.
    5. Added --keyboard command to show/hide the keyboard.
    6. Only for PNDs: added a help button (question mark) on the title bar of the options and icon settings dialogs (next to the OK button) that toggles the appearance of the keyboard.
    7. The 3-letter abbreviation of the day of the week is now by default displayed in the language of the user locale.
    8. Converted the included pressed icons from gray scale to true color since LPNG only supports loading true color PNG images.
    9. Resized the bubble icons.
    10. Added a warning that scrolling will be slow when AlphaBlend is enabled on devices that do not natively support it.

iPhoneToday v1.4.7 (Mar 09, 2010)
    1. Changed the icon set
    2. Added pressed icon effect
      Currently incuded icons: CrackedGlass.png, Fingerprint.png, RoundedPressed.png (default), Spotlight.png, StopwordPressed.png (Thanks to Osprey for the images)
    3. Added text shadow
    4. Added some new options for the background image: fit width, fit height, center
    5. Added refresh time setting in the movement tab
    6. Added new command: --volume:++<step> and --volume:--<step>
    7. Fixed a bug with animation rectangular staying sometimes on screen
    8. Fixed some minor bugs

iPhoneToday v1.4.6 (Mar 06, 2010)
    1. Added some new icon types:
      • Volume
      • Memory Load
      • Memory Free
      • Memory Used
      • GPRS State
      • Signal Strength
      • Operator Name
      • Signal Strength & Operator Name
    2. Added some new commands:
      • --rotate to rotate the screen 90 degrees
      • --rotate:<angle> (e.g. --rotate:270) to rotate the screen by the given angle
      • --volume:<number> to set the system volume to <number> (0-100)
      • --volume:+<step> or --volume:-<step> to increase or decrease the system volume by <step>
      • --reset or --restart to soft reset the device
      • --off or --standby or --suspend to suspend the device
      • --minimize to minimize the iPhoneToday's window (only for exe version)
      • --taskbar to show/hide the taskbar (only for exe version)
    3. Alpha blend transparent icons with the background
    4. Option dialog to configure the transparency of icons
    5. Fixed transparency of png icons with black pixels
    6. Today item's height is configurable again
    7. The color of the expanding rectangular - animation on launch - can now be configured
    8. A default sound on launch can be set
    9. Added a play button in the icon settings dialog to preview the selected sound
    10. Fixed the ignore screen rotation option
    11. Fixed focus of the choose color dialog
    12. If the bubble png icons are not found nicer bubbles are programmatically drawn
    13. Added a reset settings to defaults button in the about dialog
    14. Configurable margins for the text inside the special icons such as day of month, day of week, clock, battery, etc.
    15. You can set which applications to run when the icons are out of screen instead of cycling through the pages
    16. Reorganized the options dialog
    17. AppToDate support
    18. Installer will ask to create a startup shortcut to the exe if you answer no to the question whether you want to enable the today item plugin

iPhoneToday v1.4.5 (Feb 27, 2010)
    1. Added a static top bar of icons
    2. Non static background keeps the aspect ratio of the image
    3. Configurable zooming factor of the background image
    4. Added a warning before enabling "never show taskbar"

iPhoneToday v1.4.4 (Feb 26, 2010)
    1. Installer now detects previous installations and asks to keep the current settings.xml and icons.xml
    2. Added simple battery icon (shows battery percentage or AC)
    3. Added about dialog (last tab in options)
    4. Added file version information in the .exe and .dll
    5. Added edit header dialog
    6. Added an option to configure the circles offset from the top of the bottombar
    7. Optimized screen transition a bit
    8. Avoid some unnecessary redraws
    9. Icons behind the bottom bar are now hidden
    10. You can now add a bottom bar icon by right clicking on the bottom bar's empty space
    11. Fixed --goto:down that was scrolling one extra page down
    12. Fixed the background of text in the options dialog for PND
    13. Disabled --close and --exit for the dll version
    14. Fixed crash when icon width is set to 0 (useful to disable the bottom bar)
    15. Fixed dll's crash when icons.xml does not exist or is not valid
    16. Fixed bug when using reloadIcons that was not deleting "unused" icons.
    17. Renamed some confusing options
    18. Disabled options that cannot be changed depending on whether you are running the exe or the dll version

iPhoneToday v1.4.3
    1. Icons can be associated with wav files to play once they are clicked.
    2. Fixed infinite loop when checking for Software\iPhoneToday\Icon%d.

iPhoneToday v1.4.2
    1. If imaging API is not available (some PND do not have it) use imgdecmp.dll instead (included in the PND zip).

iPhoneToday v1.4.1
    1. Switched to TinyXml that has smaller memory footprint than MSXML

iPhoneToday v1.4.0
    1. Support for Pocket PC 2003
    2. Support for Portable Navigation Devices (Windows CE Core)
    3. Today item height is automatically figured (you can have multiple today items and it should still work properly as long as iPhoneToday is the last one)
    4. Vertical scrolling
    5. Added header text for each screen
    6. Support for BMP files without using the imaging API (BMP images are actually a lot faster)
    7. Made almost everything configurable
    8. Bottombar can have different settings from the mainscreen
    9. Icon text can be set to 0
    10. Icon offset can be set to a negative value to make the text overlap the icon
    11. Commandline arguements and special icons with the same commands (--reload, --relaunch, --add, --options, --close, --exit, --goto:<screen>, --goto:next, --goto:previous, --goto:down, --goto:up)
    12. Added copy icon and copy here in the right click (long tap) menu
    13. Paths can now be relative to the application directory
    14. Better orientation and rotation support
    15. Special characters such as ", <, >, & are properly handled in the XML (if you manually edit the XML make sure you escape them!)
    16. Use the last indexed LED as the vibration LED
    17. Scroll through the pages with the directional pad.
    18. Many other bugfixes, improvements, and optimizations that I've forgotten now...
    jwoegerbauer,
    No it cannot be. iPhoneToday works on any screen resolution. The LastConfiguredAt in settings.xml is used if you happen to use a settings.xml from another device with a different screen resolution than yours, in which case all settings are scaled accordingly.

sakeator,
    I am still around and will continue to update the program, but updates will be mostly bug fixes or small feature requests.
    Wow this is really exciting. I love this app, it's really given my phone a new lease on life without its stylus.

I'm really curious to know what the change log for this version might look like, since iphone today is so central to my usability I'm a little more hesitant than I would normally be to just dive in and try a new version..
    Installed iPhoneToday 1.5.3 rc2

Installed 1.5.3 rc2. No issues so far.

Is there a change log?
    How to change a circle into a rectangle or square?
    8888.jpg
    How to do this by modifying the file settings.xml?
    Or you need to edit the file iPhoneToday.exe?

Sorry for the incorrect english ...