[How-To] Rooting & Installing Recovery on X10 Official SE GB [Picture & Video Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
[How-To] Rooting & Installing Recovery on X10 Official SE GB [Picture & Video Guide]

I AM CLOSING DOWN THIS THREAD AS IT IS NO MORE REQUIRED

To root ur device kindly download the newest version of FlashTool as it a has the new zergRush implementation, and is one click root!

regards,

DooMLoRD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS INFO IS ONLY FOR LOCKED BOOTLOADER

READ THE FULL FIRST POST PROPERLY BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS

REPEAT QUESTIONS WILL BE IGNORED

ALL KNOWN ISSUES HAVE ALREADY BEEN ADDRESSED U JUST NEED TO READ/SEARCH THROUGH THIS THREAD

TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS ARE POSTED HERE

The rooting part is for Stock SE 2.3.3 FW...

The installing recovery part is for all ROMs based on SE 2.3.3 FW... if the Dev of ur ROM has not yet included the latest xRecovery posted by Z ONLY then install the recovery! else wait for the ROM dev to include it in that ROM..

i am posting this because many ppl are getting confused over the slightly "complicated" process...

i have personally verified all the below steps atleast 4 times! and it works properly! please follow the below instructions step by step...

[ Credits ]

1. Bin4ry & Androxyde for their work on Flashtool
  2. aZuZu for finding this rooting solution! aZuZu u are super awesome!!!
  3. zdzihu for fixed xRecovery-0.3 for GB! thanks Z u are a life saver :)
  4. me, for making it friendly :D

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO THANK THE ABOVE PPL FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE!

[ Requirement ]

1. Stock SE 2.3.3 firmware/custom 2.3.3 ROM (if u want to update/install xRecovery the simple way)
  2. my modified Flashtool package posted below

[ Whats Included? ]

1. modified Flashtool 0.2.9.1 package
  2. aZuZu's FTF files posted for rooting
  3. zdzihu's xRecovery-0.3-GBready (with all fixes made by Z)

[ Downloads ]

FlashTool_0.2.9.1-GBready_root_xRec [ Mirrors ]

1. Just download and double click on the downloaded file
  2. it will ask where u want to install/extract, browse to that folder then click on "Extract"
  3. once its extracted go into that folder and u can now launch Flashtool using X10FlashTool.exe

[ How To: Root ] (all credits for finding this method go to aZuZu)

looking at the files posted by aZuZu i can tell u that this will work on ALL BRANDED/GENERIC/REGIONAL 2.3.3 GB FWs... provided that the kernel.sin file remains same (which it will for all 3.0.1.G.0.75 FW)

here is a video guide created by silveraero :

1. make sure u are on stock 2.3.3 FW
    1.jpg

2. [ON UR PHONE] enable Unknown Sources & USB debugging in:
    • Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Unknown Sources
    • Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
  3. power down device

4. Open the flashtool provided in this thread

5. Flash -- Kernel downgrade
    2.jpg

6. after u see the following remove the USB cable
    6.jpg

7. DO NOT CLOSE FLASHTOOL

8. remove usb cable

9. Power on device

10. u will feel a small vibration when u power on device at that point immediately connect usb cable

11. when the device starts IT WILL get stuck at SE text logo & u will see the following in flashtool log/window:
    3.jpg

12. NOW click root
    4.jpg

13. and u will see some things getting logged in Flashtool at end u will see the following output
    42.jpg

14. ur devcie will reboot is done, even IF it doesnt reboot follow the next steps

15. pull out battery and wait for few mins

16. enter flash mode

17. Flash -- Kernel upgrade.
    5.jpg

18. after u see the following remove the USB cable
    6.jpg

19. Power on your phone and phone will be rooted.
    7.jpg

[ How To: Install xRecovery ] (all credits for working xRecovery go to zdzihu)

1. power on device & get into the OS

2. keep screen active/unlocked!

3. now connect phone to PC via usb cable u will see the following:
    7.jpg

4. now click "Ask Root Perms" and watch out for Superuser prompt on screen and accept/allow it
    8.jpg

5. if u accepted/allowed it u will see this:
    9.jpg

6. now xRecovery button should become "clickable" as show above & click it!

7. now u will see the following in the Flashtool log/window
    10.jpg

8. THATS IT! u will now have latest xRecovery-0.3-GBready (with all fixes) installed!

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Troubleshooting

[ Troubleshooting ]

1. if u are completely new to flashtool OR have never used it before PLEASE READ THIS: [FLASHTOOL GUIDE] HOW TO for n00bies
  2. sometimes when flashing SEUS/PCC might interfere with flashtool which will lead to flashtool not able to recognize X10... if u have this problem then exit ALL OTHER running apps like SEUS/PCC antivirus/etc... only then Flashtool will work correctly...
  3. many users have reported that it is best to first install latest SEUS and then use flashtool... this will help Windows get the latest drivers for X10 from SEUS...
  4. seems some users are unable to get correct drivers... u can download them from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1193066
  5. users facing the issue "Running uname -r command" follow the instructions here
  6. if u have any other FLASHTOOL specific question u can read thru FlashTool thread
  7. if u are still facing lots of issues u can simply use the prerooted recovery image: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1192152

Last edited:

bodomfan

adding content please wait!

This is for Stock SE 2.3.3 FW... i am posting this because many ppl are getting confused over the slightly "complicated" process...

[ Credits ]

3. zdzihu for fixed xRecovery-0.3 for GB

[ Requirement ]

1. Stock SE 2.3.3 firmware/custom 2.3.3 ROM (if u want to update/install xRecovery the simple way)

[ How To: Root ]

looking at the files posted by aZuZu i can tell u that this will work on ALL BRANDED/GENERIC/REGIONAL 2.3.3 GB FWs... provided that the kernel.sin file remains same (which it will for all 3.0.1.G.0.75 FW)
    1.jpg

2. enable Unknown Sources & USB debugging in Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Unknown Sources & Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
  3. power down device
    2.jpg

6. DO NOT CLOSE FLASHTOOL
  7. remove usb cable
  8. Power on device
  9. immediately connect usb cable
  10. Wait till you see any info in FlashTool, then click root.
  11. After root reboot is done
  12. pull out battery and wait for few mins
  13. enter flash mode. and
  14. Flash -- Kernel upgrade.
  15. Power on your phone and phone will be rooted.

having trouble at the [*]Power on device
[*]immediately connect usb cable part keep getting stuck on se logo :(

MikLSP

Sep 1, 2008
Lancaster
Yes, just hold on for the instructions.

I have tried twice using the guide in the other thread and neither time did the root work. Both times the phone stayed at the SE logo after flashing kernel and while FlashTool allowed me to root at that stage it doesn't seem to work.

Therefore, I am also waiting to see more info in this guide.

PS- no need to quote everything, especially something massive like the first post!

MikLSP

Sep 1, 2008
Lancaster
OK so following this guide confirmed that I did everything right the previous times.
Now I have done it again using the FlashTool in the OP, everything goes as it should but STILL when I reboot at the end everything is normal....

No root, no superuserm it's untouched. :confused:

The only difference I noticed is that where the screen shot here shows:
"Installed version of busybox : None"

Mine just shows:
"Installed version of busybox : " (without the word "none")

However, the pushing messages are all there and correct.

My phone also does NOT reboot after rooting and stays on the SE logo. Here I simply removed the battery and waited as instructed.

No idea what I can possibly be doing wrong here.
EDIT: I have now followed the steps again (and precisely as I did the previous 4 times), this time everything has worked and the phone IS rooted.
The only thing I have changed is using a different PC so I think the drivers may have been the problem earlier. Even though FlashTool said it was pushing things to the phone it seemingly was not.

Last edited:

bodomfan

OK so following this guide confirmed that I did everything right the previous times.
Now I have done it again using the FlashTool in the OP, everything goes as it should but STILL when I reboot at the end everything is normal....

No root, no superuserm it's untouched. :confused:

The only difference I noticed is that where the screen shot here shows:
"Installed version of busybox : None"

Mine just shows:
"Installed version of busybox : " (without the word "none")

However, the pushing messages are all there and correct.

My phone also does NOT reboot after rooting and stays on the SE logo. Here I simply removed the battery and waited as instructed.

No idea what I can possibly be doing wrong here.

im stuck like you in the exact same position,its annoying me lol,anyone know where were both going wrong?

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
finally!

all content updated!

i have personally verified all the steps atleast 4 times! and it works properly! please follow the instructions step by step...

@ppl who tried things before this post
kindly edit/delete ur posts so that other users dont get confused...

icon8.gif

enjoy easy rooting & easy xrecovery installation!

Reactions: bodomfan

colossus

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 28, 2009
Excellent tutorial Doomlord, one of the best i have seen.;)

Last edited:

aZuZu

Jan 19, 2011
Zagreb
@doom: even i could root x10 using your tutorial... great job... +1000000000000
if ever you will be in croatia i will make you drunk... :D

Reactions: DooMLoRD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I AM CLOSING DOWN THIS THREAD AS IT IS NO MORE REQUIRED

To root ur device kindly download the newest version of FlashTool as it a has the new zergRush implementation, and is one click root!

regards,

DooMLoRD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS INFO IS ONLY FOR LOCKED BOOTLOADER

READ THE FULL FIRST POST PROPERLY BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS

REPEAT QUESTIONS WILL BE IGNORED

ALL KNOWN ISSUES HAVE ALREADY BEEN ADDRESSED U JUST NEED TO READ/SEARCH THROUGH THIS THREAD

TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS ARE POSTED HERE

The rooting part is for Stock SE 2.3.3 FW...

The installing recovery part is for all ROMs based on SE 2.3.3 FW... if the Dev of ur ROM has not yet included the latest xRecovery posted by Z ONLY then install the recovery! else wait for the ROM dev to include it in that ROM..

i am posting this because many ppl are getting confused over the slightly "complicated" process...

i have personally verified all the below steps atleast 4 times! and it works properly! please follow the below instructions step by step...

[ Credits ]

3. zdzihu for fixed xRecovery-0.3 for GB! thanks Z u are a life saver :)

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO THANK THE ABOVE PPL FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE!

[ Requirement ]

[ Whats Included? ]

1. modified Flashtool 0.2.9.1 package
    2. aZuZu's FTF files posted for rooting
    3. zdzihu's xRecovery-0.3-GBready (with all fixes made by Z)

[ Downloads ]

FlashTool_0.2.9.1-GBready_root_xRec [ Mirrors ]

1. Just download and double click on the downloaded file
    2. it will ask where u want to install/extract, browse to that folder then click on "Extract"
    3. once its extracted go into that folder and u can now launch Flashtool using X10FlashTool.exe

[ How To: Root ] (all credits for finding this method go to aZuZu)

1.jpg

2. [ON UR PHONE] enable Unknown Sources & USB debugging in:
      • Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Unknown Sources
      • Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
    3. power down device

2.jpg

6. after u see the following remove the USB cable
      6.jpg

7. DO NOT CLOSE FLASHTOOL

8. remove usb cable

9. Power on device

10. u will feel a small vibration when u power on device at that point immediately connect usb cable

11. when the device starts IT WILL get stuck at SE text logo & u will see the following in flashtool log/window:
      3.jpg

12. NOW click root
      4.jpg

13. and u will see some things getting logged in Flashtool at end u will see the following output
      42.jpg

14. ur devcie will reboot is done, even IF it doesnt reboot follow the next steps

15. pull out battery and wait for few mins

16. enter flash mode

17. Flash -- Kernel upgrade.
      5.jpg

18. after u see the following remove the USB cable
      6.jpg

19. Power on your phone and phone will be rooted.
      7.jpg

[ How To: Install xRecovery ] (all credits for working xRecovery go to zdzihu)

1. power on device & get into the OS

2. keep screen active/unlocked!

3. now connect phone to PC via usb cable u will see the following:
      7.jpg

4. now click "Ask Root Perms" and watch out for Superuser prompt on screen and accept/allow it
      8.jpg

5. if u accepted/allowed it u will see this:
      9.jpg

6. now xRecovery button should become "clickable" as show above & click it!

7. now u will see the following in the Flashtool log/window
      10.jpg

8. THATS IT! u will now have latest xRecovery-0.3-GBready (with all fixes) installed!
    Troubleshooting

[ Troubleshooting ]

1. if u are completely new to flashtool OR have never used it before PLEASE READ THIS: [FLASHTOOL GUIDE] HOW TO for n00bies
    2. sometimes when flashing SEUS/PCC might interfere with flashtool which will lead to flashtool not able to recognize X10... if u have this problem then exit ALL OTHER running apps like SEUS/PCC antivirus/etc... only then Flashtool will work correctly...
    3. many users have reported that it is best to first install latest SEUS and then use flashtool... this will help Windows get the latest drivers for X10 from SEUS...
    4. seems some users are unable to get correct drivers... u can download them from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1193066
    5. users facing the issue "Running uname -r command" follow the instructions here
    6. if u have any other FLASHTOOL specific question u can read thru FlashTool thread
    7. if u are still facing lots of issues u can simply use the prerooted recovery image: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1192152
    reserved reserved2
    For those who are stuck at the 'Sony Ericsson' logo on your X10 after performing the aZuZu Kernel Downgrade where you end up with something like the following in FlashTool:

17/007/2011 00:07:16 - INFO - Connected device : X10
    17/007/2011 00:07:16 - INFO - Installed version of busybox : None
    17/007/2011 00:07:17 - INFO - Running uname -r command
    17/007/2011 00:07:17 - INFO - Android version : 2.3.3 / kernel version : uname: permission denied​

...try this:

1. In FlashTool, click 'Advanced' in the menu bar.
    2. Select 'Root.'
    3. Choose 'Force psneuter.'

I have X10a AM-US GENERIC 1233-8200 flashed on my X10a and couldn't get it to root using the existing instructions no matter how many times I tried the various suggestions like update the drivers, continually trying to unplug/plug the phone in, restart FlashTool, etc.

It couldn't be a driver issue because I was able to flash the phone fine. And when it gets stuck at the 'Sony Ericsson' logo after the aZuZu Kernel Downgrade, I was still able to flash the aZuZu Kernel Upgrade to get it going again and I was also able to reflash any time I wanted to.

But the 'Force psneuter' feature seemed to push the root procedure through. After that, I just went back to the instructions and flashed the aZuZu Kernel Upgrade, unplugged the phone, powered it up, and the phone was rooted.

I used FlashTool 0.3.0.0 (which includes the aZuZu downgrade and upgrade kernels):

:)
    Multiple Mirrors

since ppl were having problems with my main server (most probably high demand ;)) here i am posting multiple mirrors: