Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recovery + batt stuck at 99% with GREEN LED

Tip us?

predator21
Old
(Last edited by predator21; 2nd August 2011 at 10:23 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 991
Question [Q] Recovery + batt stuck at 99% with GREEN LED

Hi Friends i have sensation rooted as we all did and since then following issues :

1. Offline charging (Fixed).

2. Now the fone charges offline but it says batt full at 99% and led turns green. Never touches 100% now. ever since flashed recovery. both old and new.

3. I can confirm this on anker 1900 mah batt.

4. can any one else confirm this also.

mathrania
Old
Thanks Meter 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitsehgal21 View Post
Hi Friends i have sensation rooted as we all did and since then following issues :

1. Offline charging (Fixed).

2. Now the fone charges offline but it says batt full at 99% and led turns green. Never touches 100% now. ever since flashed recovery. both old and new.

3. I can confirm this on anker 1900 mah batt.

4. can any one else confirm this also.
Yes, this is true.... The LED turns green on 99% and never touches 100%. But i did not care much about it as I was more interested in flashing ROMS...though this is a problem.... I have also ordered Anker Batt... waiting for the courier...
Nokia 3310 > Nokia 3610 > Nokia 3650 > Nokia 6600 > Nokia N72 > Sony Ericsson K800 > Nokia N73 > Nokia N95 > Sony Ericsson W960i > Nokia E90 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC DESIRE HD > HTC SENSATION > HTC ONE X >>> HTC ONE

If my post is useful to you, then hit the "THANKS" button please

silentsnow31802
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I noticed mine did this last night. I just kept it plugged in and it eventually hit 100%. I took about 9 hours for it to hit 100%. Hope its not like that every time. Ill be finding out tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

predator21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentsnow31802 View Post
I noticed mine did this last night. I just kept it plugged in and it eventually hit 100%. I took about 9 hours for it to hit 100%. Hope its not like that every time. Ill be finding out tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
well it hit 100 even when the led was green

Mash23
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
I've noticed that the discharge is also a bit strange even on OEM battery. My battery varies very much. Sometimes when I reboot I get 5-10% more juice after boot without putting it to charge o.O
Phone:HTC One Nordic Silver 32GB *Stock* :'((

If you feel that I helped you in any way possible hit the thanks button! Thanks!

predator21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mash23 View Post
I've noticed that the discharge is also a bit strange even on OEM battery. My battery varies very much. Sometimes when I reboot I get 5-10% more juice after boot without putting it to charge o.O
yes same here....what can b causing it.....can it b smthing wrong in s-off procedure

Mash23
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Could it be something to do with the 2.3.3? Cause my battery acted strange even S-ON so I don't think it's the S-OFF procedure itself that caused this. Might be something something to do with battery drivers or something?
Phone:HTC One Nordic Silver 32GB *Stock* :'((

If you feel that I helped you in any way possible hit the thanks button! Thanks!

PowTheKraken
Old
Thanks Meter 1
AFAIK Li-Ion batteries should never be charged to 100% because it shortens their life, most phones have a safety-mechanism to prevent overcharging.

Its intended to stop charging at 95% to 99%, but will almost always show that the battery is charged to 100% so the customer wont complain about it.
yes HTC is lieing to us, but for our own satisfaction.
So after we flashed the CWM recovery this "feature" is not there anymore and we can see the true charging state.
By plugging the power in and out over and over again to reach 100% you just damage your battery with those short charging cycles.

I read a interrestion thread about it in the Nexus S forums awhile ago and Wikipedia seems to confirm it.

I hope I could help you.

The Following User Says Thank You to PowTheKraken For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]