XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[2013.12.20] DSLR Controller v0.99.4 BETA

Tip us?

dalepa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bracketing for hdr

Awesome news!

I'de pay dearly to get 8+ bracketed shot on my 7d! Do you have more information on how your bracketing works?

I have almost 1000 photographers following me on g+ and i would like to report some HDR and long exposure controls.

Also, you should team up with HDR camera plus app and do the HDR merge on the android phone!

Dan
Canon 7d and a lg g2x gingerbread

TheZuneLune
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalepa View Post
Awesome news!

I'de pay dearly to get 8+ bracketed shot on my 7d! Do you have more information on how your bracketing works?

I have almost 1000 photographers following me on g+ and i would like to report some HDR and long exposure controls.

Also, you should team up with HDR camera plus app and do the HDR merge on the android phone!

Dan
If you can add more than 3 brackets shots, that would totally rock. At sunset, you often need a lot more than 3 to get the full range of light.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheZuneLune For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joeski27
Old
(Last edited by joeski27; 5th August 2011 at 01:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 79
Got it up and running on my GTab 10.1 + 50D, but weird thing that I've noticed has to do with the tap-the-screen auto focus. I have "Live" selected for auto focus type, and when you first start the program and try an auto focus by tapping the screen it works. However, if you move the the focusing window to another part of the viewing area and try to refocus, it simply doesn't work, doesn't do anything. It basically gives you one autofocus per session, and to do any further focusing you have to do so manually (and by that I mean using the "<<" ">>" focusing toggles). Anyone else have this happen?

Also, Ive noticed that regarding the selection of auto focus type, it only lets you make one selection per session - so if you switch from Quick to Live, you can't switch back again unless you restart the program.

Phenomenal app otherwise though, massive potential! Just with my Nexus One had an easier-to-understand set of directions for setting up USB host (it is possible, but I have yet to find instructions that are even remotely easy to understand, and so far Cyanogen has yet to incorporate this into a rom )

joeski27
Old
Thanks Meter 79
On other suggestion that I think would be huge for tablet users - would it be possible to allow the app to rotate as the screen/tablet does? For the Xoom or GTab 10.1, the USB or other connectors are on the bottom, and it would be vastly more convenient to be able to rotate the tablet so that one's cable connections come out of the top rather than the bottom. Most apps have this ability, so I think its fair to say that it should be an easy and much useful tweak.

cr0wnest
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Hey chainfire, this is a really nice app. My dad is a photographer and he would love to try this out, but unfortunately 8 bucks for a beta is a little too pricey. Hope you can release a demo version of some sort in the future!

rlrbjr
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalepa View Post
Awesome news!

I'de pay dearly to get 8+ bracketed shot on ++cmy 7d! Do you have more information on how your bracketing works?

Dan
+1
Mostly I'm looking for the ability to setup a sequence of photos for HDR.

Just for the record I'm using a canon 60D with a 3G Moto Xoom running stock 3.1 so far everything seems to work [limited testing].

I'd also like to see the ability to turn my Xoom upside down (so the USB cable is on the top) . Can you either honor the sensor or and a manual switch for orientation?

joeski27
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrbjr View Post
+1
Mostly I'm looking for the ability to setup a sequence of photos for HDR.

Just for the record I'm using a canon 60D with a 3G Moto Xoom running stock 3.1 so far everything seems to work [limited testing].

I'd also like to see the ability to turn my Xoom upside down (so the USB cable is on the top) . Can you either honor the sensor or and a manual switch for orientation?
So are you able to touch the screen to focus multiple times during one session? If so are you in Live or Quick focus mode? Thanks.

rlrbjr
Old
(Last edited by rlrbjr; 5th August 2011 at 05:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski27 View Post
So are you able to touch the screen to focus multiple times during one session? If so are you in Live or Quick focus mode? Thanks.
Yes. I touched for a center focus. Zoomed in and focused again and then changed the focus to a different spot and focused again. It all seemed to work pretty well. I was using Live focus mode. As I recall I had to touch the screen for a bit (a long press) to get the focus location to move. I'll test more thoroughly tomorrow.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

TheZuneLune
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrbjr View Post
Yes. I touched for a center focus. Zoomed in and focused again and then changed the focus to a different spot and focused again. It all seemed to work pretty well. I was using Live focus mode. As I recall I had to touch the screen for a bit (a long press) to get the focus location to move. I'll test more thoroughly tomorrow.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
I assume you are using a Xoom - what camera body?

arich57
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Why does market say the app is not compatible with Nook Color? They got host usb working on NC so I was really hoping to use it.