[FIRMWARE] S5830LUBKP7 for S5830L (2.3.4 Unbranded)

Search This thread

Android-Desire

Sep 17, 2010
Copenhagen
Google Pixel 6 Pro
is it this one from samfirmware because there it is stated as 2.3.3?

S5830XWKPKN## COOPER.OPS CSC - S5830OXXKP7 2.3.3 2011 July 13

because my wife is getteing mad of the SOD's of her phone so i'm looking for a good rom with good wifidrivers

Use tasker to fix the wifi issues on 2.3.4, so easy to do, Display off and set to mobile data off, wifi off, bluetooth off, auto-sync off and cpu conservative 245760 min freq and max freq 480000

To get back on track set Display On and set Mobile Data On, Auto-Sync On, Cpu Ondemand 245760 min freq and 800000 max freq.

You dont need Auto-Sync after Display On, you can activate it your self from power widget bar from drop down menu(If anyone knows how to edit the icons so i can get Mobile Data on off switch on it please message me)
The lower freq for cpu is not needed if you dont want longer battery :)

Remember to use a good task killer to make sure something dont eat your battery and dont by accident kill off something vital like launcher and receive sms and calls or what ever.

This will make your battery last longer, no excessive data usage and 1 week battery for my phone with minimum sms and calls to me.

EDIT : better put some more links up for you to figure out how to use it :) [TUT] The Ultimate Noob/Beginners Guide to Tasker --- [GUIDE] Tasker

Last edited:

sunsys14

Jun 21, 2011
Panama
Thank you! I've been waiting for this one! Its the first time my 3G works with gingerbread :). Just a quick note; I installed KPH first, then this ROM, but still had 3G problems, so I reflashed back to froyo, then straight to this ROM, and voila! Runs like a charm.
Thanks again!

Metallan

Sep 3, 2010
Alajuela
Thanks a lot.

I'm still not sure if want to flash, but the fact that this is for the L version does give me a lot of confidence.

I'll make sure to post back if I do so I can give some more confidence to people in Costa Rica XD

bgdos

Jul 23, 2011
Y flash over brazilian fw and the gps not work

Enviado desde mi GT-S5830L usando XDA Premium App

j@cks

Dec 18, 2010
Hi All,

Let me share may experience, I just have this phone since 3 days ago, came with Froyo 2.2.2 and I can say it was ok, not enough time to really notice some of the bugs or problems mentioned on these threads, none the less I decided to take my chances and go for Ginger bread 2.3.4 with this ROM basically because the 3G bands (I'm from Mexico), before that Kies reported an update for my original ROM so also take a chance and hit update, geeess big mistake ... as you all may already know Kies is a piece of **&%$, it did not update, gave an error and suggested me to try emergence recovery and also gave a code, fortunately the phone still working and intermediately prepare all to use odin, thinking that I only have one shot flashed this ROM with out going with any 2.3.3 first, all went fine, phone rebooted fine but some of the original ROM still there so booted in to recovery and did a factory reset, again all ok and now started like it was it's firs time no remaining data or stuff from original ROM, next root it using the file attached and also all ok, decided to keep trying my good luck and now official clockwork recovery, used the one on the thread stated as official and it was NOT successful at first try, and error on can not find some path was reported and the installation aborted, well what the %$&* lets try again, second time all ok and the recovery also installed just fine no errors at all.

So far I only installed a few applications including one for GPS and all looks great so far, hopefully will stay that way.

Sorry for the long post and thanks all for your help on this great community on XDA.

Regards
J@cks

jorgesg

Jul 12, 2011
Bogotá
It works for me.

I flash from 2.2.1 and almost everything works fine.

The only trouble i have is that 3G doesnt werk... =/

I'm Comcel... What can i do to fix this?

cRfael

Aug 10, 2011
i always get the error " An unnamed file was not found " when i hit star in Odin, pls help =(.

In spanish..

Siempre me da ese error cuando uso odin, use el software de VIVO , pero el telefono se me apaga solo aveces, ahora quiero usar este fw para ver si deja de pasar eso pero siempre obtengo ese error, de hecho lo obtengo con el .tar de entel tmb

buc_homi

Mar 5, 2011
I went with the MODEM flash of the KP7 firmware from brazil and the screen going off problem went away for now. I've been using the 3G network and data since yesterday and playing games without problems.

I had rom "CodeROM v2x-2b" and then flashed only the modem and ops from the KP7 firmware with odin.

I have CWM recovery, unlocked carrier and root. Haven't tested the GPS yet.

Carrier = TELCEL

Attachments

• SC20110809-204026.GIF
    SC20110809-204026.GIF
    10.7 KB · Views: 208
  • SC20110810-134323.GIF
    SC20110810-134323.GIF
    12.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

tebi_23

Jul 21, 2011
I have not had any problems so far with this firmware, I'm from chile and use the company acknowledged automatically claro chile and 3G, my question what are the options for customizing, boot animation, crt, themes etc. someone could help me

pacoguevara

Oct 26, 2010
CDMX
How is Wifi working? Im trying to help a friend, he upgrade his Ace through Kies to 2.3.4, and since then wifi cant connect to networks with hidden SSID, so i want to know if any of you has experienced this issue? Im from Mexico too BTW XD
Haven't had any issues. Then again, haven't tried connecting to a hidden SSID network.
I¡ll try it right now and post my result.

Edit: Can't connect to hidden SSID network on a 2wire router. Funny thing is, phone did connect to a linksys router that didn't broadcast the SSID. Not consistently though.

Just a question; Could the phone connect to said network before upgrading? For what I've read, it's a recurrent problem in Android.

Last edited:

cesargdmi

Feb 7, 2011
Cali
Hello

Some of you know, as I can get this file ONLY the MODEM? and I am currently with KPN and I do not go to 2.3.4, there is some method?

cesargdmi

Feb 7, 2011
Cali
omg thanks bro.

but i am from colombia equals at you, please in other ocasion, write me in spanish jejej, english is not necesary for me, if not permit here then by private message.

is better, my english is not nothing good

Gaenya

Account currently disabled
Aug 17, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
luisjoseb, what mod did you recomend for a phone with this firmware, but that got everything working (wifi, gps, etc) because i have read that some mods have problems with wifi other with 3g, etc.

Top Liked Posts