[APP][THEMED] Gmail 2.3.5.. Blacked Out!!

Search This thread

ecsnead69

Jul 11, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Great, do this.... delete ALL gmail apps, system and/or data.. once they are gone.. install mine... it will install to data, if it still fcs, use RE to move it to /system/app and set permissions... then reboot, you must reboot... it should work fine then..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

B-boy™

Nov 10, 2010
AZ

th_CAP201107312002.jpg
th_CAP201107312016.jpg

Visegrad

Jan 18, 2010
Chicago
Well, it was worth a shot, because I miss all of the inversion, but just reporting back that this did not worked on a stock, non-rooted, D3.

rikardo1979

Jan 29, 2009
Poole, UK
great job m8 ;) working fine for me.I'm on rooted NS 9020 with MIUI RoM.I prefer black apps to save batt ;)
The installation didn't work for me.I had to remove original Gmail.apk from /system/app and rename yours to Gmail.apk and push into /system/app with permissions ;) after restart,tadaa black Gmail ;)
so maybe u can post this procedure in your #1 post for guys who having trouble to install.
Great job m8,appreciate
Thanks
:cool:

Reactions: chvybeatsford

chvybeatsford

Jul 10, 2008
Gonzales,La
great job m8 ;) working fine for me.I'm on rooted NS 9020 with MIUI RoM.I prefer black apps to save batt ;)
The installation didn't work for me.I had to remove original Gmail.apk from /system/app and rename yours to Gmail.apk and push into /system/app with permissions ;) after restart,tadaa black Gmail ;)
so maybe u can post this procedure in your #1 post for guys who having trouble to install.
Great job m8,appreciate
Thanks

Thats what i had to do. Thanks...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, here is it.. just pushed last night and already inverted! The major part of this was done by B-boy, I just added the finishing touches and did a few smali edits..

Instructions for ROOTED users.....

uninstall updates for gmail
    download the app
    navigate to app
    select and install.....enjoy

if this doesn't work, then you will need to use RE, rename gmail.apk in /system/app to gmail.apk.old and then REBOOT, if you do not reboot it won't work!!

Now return to the app, select it, and install... enjoy

Non-Rooted users, you can give this a try and see if it will work...

uninstall updates for gmail
    download app
    navigate to app
    select and install
    You will know right away if it works.....

Always make a backup and enjoy Gmail 2.3.5.... Blacked Out

http://bit.ly/Gmail235BlackedOut

Rooted users... if you have issues installing, let me know and I will post some update.zips... but this should work for ALL devices...
    Great, do this.... delete ALL gmail apps, system and/or data.. once they are gone.. install mine... it will install to data, if it still fcs, use RE to move it to /system/app and set permissions... then reboot, you must reboot... it should work fine then..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App
    Great job m8,appreciate
    Thanks
    in RE at right top corner u can see a button Mount R/W or Mount R/O
    If u like to edit/copy/move or remove sys files u need to turn Mount R/O.
    same apply for changing permissions Mount R/O

Your permissions have to look like this -
    52848bbb-8a7c-a1aa.jpg

And when u do any changes include permissions u need to restart your phone to apply ;)

:confused: Hey guys, how exactly do you push using RE? Every time i try to move the file to system/app it says it cannot because it is a read only file? Everytime i mess with permissions, it goes back to default. Sorry for the lame question. Thanks guys
    i believe i have the answer:

http://www.mediafire.com/?f9wr0zjsfwrwmt8

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

shoulda checked, I got a could not install error. Let me know if anyone else has success