YOU MUST BE ROOTED
1) In Settings -> local and text, unmark Swype
2) Soft reset
3) With SystemApp Remover (Market) uninstall swype (it's recommendable to have one backup off systems apps with Titanium Backup).
4) With Root Explorer go to file /system/app and delete "swype.apk" and "swype.odex"
5) After go to file /system/lib and delete "libSwypeCore.so"
6) Go to de file /data/data and delete "com.swype.android.inputmethod"
7) Soft Reset
8) Install the new Swype
Ever since the introduction of multi-window with things like Cornerstone and … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?