Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Android App Review: Get Amaze with Material Design – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. Android 5.0 … more

Small But Eternal: HTC Explorer Receives Unofficial CM12

When HTC officially announced the HTC Explorer, they most likely weren’t … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

PC10img.zip from Tmobile store sd card

OP atlp99

10th August 2011, 12:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

269 posts
Here is the pc10img.zip file that is available from T-Mobile stores. Make sure your phone is fully charged before you attempt to install it, the demo I installed it on would not install unless the battery was 100%.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3796067356/PC10IMG.zip
Last edited by atlp99; 10th August 2011 at 12:56 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to atlp99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2011, 12:52 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Great, thank you! Not looking forward to reinstalling all my apps but downgrading again from 2.3.3 would have been a lengthy process as well.

I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App
10th August 2011, 02:12 AM   |  #3  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 747

3,224 posts
More
So does this mean a dev can finally tear this apart and give us some debloated roms with goodies added. Been trying to be patient

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App
10th August 2011, 02:22 AM   |  #4  
Flag Spokane, WA
Thanks Meter: 55

665 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsteven77x

So does this mean a dev can finally tear this apart and give us some debloated roms with goodies added. Been trying to be patient

I hold out hope that someone can unpack and build a rooted flash out of this. Otherwise, it's going to be just like the leak in that once you flash it you're left sitting around waiting for someone to do something...anything with it.

Mad props to the OP for putting this up. This should definitely get a ball rolling since we now have the FULL PC10IMG ROM flash version of the newest build/GB available for the G2.

Interesting too - the newest stuff (tp's) in that archive are 7/29/2011 - soooo fresh
Last edited by zkid2010; 10th August 2011 at 02:24 AM.
10th August 2011, 02:50 AM   |  #5  
Flag The Buckeye State
Thanks Meter: 13

565 posts
More
Thanks for uploading this file. I updated my G2 last week. Kinda odd the update zip I used was only 73.1 MB and this one is 131.MB almost doubled. What is the differance between the two files. It seemed to update just fine from 2.2 to 2.3.4. Everything is running just smooth. Unless there are files and apps that I might be missing. I might give this a try again. Currently running 2.3.4 unrooted with S-ON. Still waiting for someone who can fully root the OTA 2.3.4 with S-OFF. Anyone know about the update zip that was leaked last week? Should I flash this one instead or keep what I have?
10th August 2011, 02:54 AM   |  #6  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 747

3,224 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkid2010

I hold out hope that someone can unpack and build a rooted flash out of this. Otherwise, it's going to be just like the leak in that once you flash it you're left sitting around waiting for someone to do something...anything with it.

Mad props to the OP for putting this up. This should definitely get a ball rolling since we now have the FULL PC10IMG ROM flash version of the newest build/GB available for the G2.

Interesting too - the newest stuff (tp's) in that archive are 7/29/2011 - soooo fresh

We already got a rooted flash of this we need it tweaked up with someone who knows what there doing. Seems we have little development for our phones anymore so I'm not holding out that it will be soon.

10th August 2011, 03:07 AM   |  #7  
North Augusta
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy672

Thanks for uploading this file. I updated my G2 last week. Kinda odd the update zip I used was only 73.1 MB and this one is 131.MB almost doubled. What is the differance between the two files. It seemed to update just fine from 2.2 to 2.3.4. Everything is running just smooth. Unless there are files and apps that I might be missing. I might give this a try again. Currently running 2.3.4 unrooted with S-ON. Still waiting for someone who can fully root the OTA 2.3.4 with S-OFF. Anyone know about the update zip that was leaked last week? Should I flash this one instead or keep what I have?

The update.zip is an update from 2.2 to 2.3.4. This PC10IMG.zip is the whole operating system. You can be on the first OS that shipped with the phone (2.2 but before wifi calling) and still use this file. To use the update.zip, you must be running the update that included wifi calling.

PC10IMG.zip will factory reset your phone.
10th August 2011, 03:14 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

269 posts
Just like blink said, this is the full system image, the update essentially just includes the updated code not the entire image.

My hope is that this will help the developers intigrate this into their roms.
10th August 2011, 04:12 AM   |  #9  
Flag Spokane, WA
Thanks Meter: 55

665 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsteven77x

We already got a rooted flash of this we need it tweaked up with someone who knows what there doing. Seems we have little development for our phones anymore so I'm not holding out that it will be soon.

lulwot? This is THE first I've seen of the PC10IMG - full ROM from the T-Mobile store sdcard update. If there is a rooted flash of this please provide the link. Like yesterday! ROFL

Otherwise, all we have or have had is a rooted franken-build flashable mashup of the OTA and whatever other stuff.

Like I said, if you got a link to the full rooted flash of THIS rom, I'm all ears

Again - huge props to @atlp99 who made good saying he would bring the in-store copy ASAP. Well done!

PS - @atlp99 I saw your thread and it looks like they deleted it. Regrettably unless your posting CM7 crap or some variation of that or some Sense rom, they seem to delete new threads.

@RM, question, why not just delete the Vision stuff off xda? Or, alternatively quit deleting **** you pinhead.
Last edited by zkid2010; 10th August 2011 at 04:15 AM.
10th August 2011, 04:31 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

151 posts
More
Mirror!
Does anybody have a mirror download for this? I cant seem to download it from radidshare

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread