PocketToolman 2.25 build79

Search This thread

hendrixus

Jan 25, 2006
Amsterdam
(WM6 only, see below for 2003se and WM5)

pt_menu.jpg

From the author

"PocketToolman is a systray utility that gives you quick access to Pocket PC's functions, programs, and settings.

Features:

* Suspend - allows you to power-off the Pocket PC without having to press the Power button. You can also add the Suspend icon in the tray for easy access.
* Soft Reset - performs soft reset.
* Settings - quick access to Control Panel applets.
* ScreenOff - switches off the screen. You can create a shortcut to invoke ScreenOff. Great for binding to a hardware button to easy access.
* Lock Device - allows you to lock the Pocket PC when it's running. Using the same system password for unlocking.
* Stay Alive [Power] - allows you to temporarily stop your Pocket PC from auto power-off.
* Battery Meter - displays the battery life percentage in the systray.
* Disconnect - Disconnects current RAS connection.
* PIN Lock - Invoke the PIN prompt. You must have the PIN prompt enabled for this to work.
* Quick access to toggle Bluetooth on/off by adding a Bluetooth icon into the systray. *Supports Microsoft Bluetooth Stack ONLY.
* Quick access to toggle WiFi on/off by adding a WiFi icon into the tray.
* Quick access to HTC Task Manager by adding an icon to the systray for easy access to provide one hand operation to close running applications.
* Persistently Hides SIM Contacts - On my TyTN II, after a soft-reset, the flag is restored to show contacts on SIM card. With PT, if you set it to run at Startup, what PT does is apply the setting during execution, then applies again after roughly a minute after soft-reset to ensure SIM contacts are set to hide.
* Data Connections - Allows you to disable data connection entries to stop them from connecting automatically. This feature is great when you are roaming and do not want to pay for costly data roaming charges. You can also set data connection entries to be AlwaysOn.
* Disable SMS 'Message delivered" popup.
* Disable HTC screen off after a call has been connected.
* Enable/Disable window animation.
* Enable/Disable menu animation.
* Enable/Disable sliding keyboard to wake up phone.
* Increase System Font Cache.
* Increase File System Cache.
* Increase File System Filter Cache.
* Enable GPS Photo for HTC TyTN II.
* Disable camera default 90-degrees clockwise rotation.
* Enable/Disable SMS Delivery Report.
* Enable/Disable Flight Mode.
* Use one line to show date in Today Date plugin if possible.
* Make reminders show only once.
* Enable/Disable Lunar Calendar.
* Change 4-way pad behavior in PIE.
* Enable/Disable ClearType in PIE.
* Enable/Disable running scripts in PIE.
* Enable/Disable running ActiveX controls in PIE.
* Enable/Disable ClearType in Landscape mode.
* Show EDGE network icon instead of GPRS.
* Adjust keyboard backlight timeout.
* Increase TCP Window Size.
* Enable/Disable security warning if program is not digitally signed.
* Increase number of TCP Connection Retransmissions.
* Increase number of TCP Data Retransmissions.
* Enable/Disable TouchFLO.
* Adjust TouchFLO sensitivity.
* Enable/Disable HSDPA.
* Set HTC camera to save pictures to \Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures.
* Adjust WiFi scan interval.
* Set number of phone number digits to use for Call ID matching to your Contacts.
* Enable/Disable wireless network detected notification.
* Add Disconnect button and connection duration timer on Connectivity bubble.
* Enable/Disable Assisted GPS.
* NavBar (Title bar) Clock options.
* Disable Sleep when in calls.
* Disable in call volume change tone.

Some features are specific to HTC devices.

Note:
PT2 supports Windows Mobile 6 Professional only. It is written specifically for the HTC TyTN II, HTC Touch, and the AT&T Tilt, though it should work with other Windows Mobile 6 Professional devices.

For Pocket PC 2000 / 2002, Windows Mobile 2003 (SE), Windows Mobile 5.0, please continue to use version 1.16 which you can download here (94 KB). Please note the old version does not contain new features found in version 2.

Update Description:
2.25 Build 79 - Nov 9, 2007

* New PT2 icon. The PDA is supposed to be the HTC TyTN II with PT living in it =)
* Fixed: Softkey does not restore properly on some devices.

Both are freeware

Last edited:

leepriestenator

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 25, 2006
Anytime... are you the developer of this app? cuz it's great.... and if you are indeed the developer of this app, then maybe you could include a "Run" function in the menu because as far as I can see, that's the only thing missing.

robdenuto

Jul 9, 2007
Question regarding pockettoolman. This is a great app, and its set to startup with the device. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to get it to disable the data connection @ startup. Got zapped with a $948 data bill from one 63mb dl. Thx vzw :mad:

Mark Crouch

Apr 5, 2006
Bristol
Search for "NoData" - it's a free utility from the MoDaCo site that allows you to switch your data connection on/off as required.

Here's the link to the MoDaCo post, explaining what the utility does (not sure if you need to register in order to d/l it?) - MoDaCo NoData Utility

Mark.

hendrixus

Jan 25, 2006
Amsterdam
2.26 Build 36 - Mar 15, 2008

* Fixed ClearType setting - When the option is unchecked, after soft-reset, the setting remains

2.26 Build 25 - Feb 3, 2008

* HTC Camera - Photo. Renamed rotation bug to Encode landscape in pictures. This tweak applies the landscape flag to all pictures taken even when you have the camera in portrait. NOTE: The camera does not automatically detect if you are using the camera in portrait or landscape
* Added Show SIM Contacts tweak in OS Tweak

2.26 Build 18 - Jan 12, 2008

* Data Connections - You can now use the Softkeys for toggling State and AlwaysOn for the selected connection setting

2.26 Build 16 - Dec 13, 2007

* Improved Data Connections operation - Enlarged the buttons for better finger tapping, selected entry remains selected after toggling state.
* Bug Fixed: Data Connections - Tapping on the buttons without selecting an entry first will create a dummy entry.

2.26 Build 12 - Nov 23, 2007

* Added Screen Rotation in tray

shahriar5252

Aug 18, 2008
Los Angeles
PocketToolman 2 and Sprint Mogul bugs

Update Description:
v2.26 Build 48 (13-10-2008):
- Added Disable Threaded SMS tweak. *Tested on TyTN II with WM6.1 English version.

Download here

Hi

I tested PocketToolman 2 (version 2.26 b8s8f77f88ch6s5g5a7sf270) on my Sprint Mogul (HTC TyTnII PPC6800) running on wm6.1. It installed correctly, but it had two problems:

1) Every time I have to do an OS tweak and do a soft reset, clear type is enabled on my device. This happens regardless of whether the Clear Type option was checked or unchecked in PocketTool man. Fortunately, if you go to setting-->system tab-->screen, you can uncheck it so that future soft resets that are not involved in OS tweaks, will not result in re-enabling Clear Type.

2) The second problem is that when I enabled the OS tweak for keeping the "wifi on when the device goes to sleep," it does keep the wifi on but somehow the connection is lost and wifi becomes jammed if I turn off the screen and let the device go to sleep mode and then turn the screen back on and try to use the wifi. Toggling the wifi on and off does not solve the problem, and I have to do a soft reset. Can this be fixed because I need this feature to make my phone a good wifi phone for the Skype program, which receives calls on wifi even when the device goes to sleep?

Thanks for your program. It has a lot of utility.

Elena

Jul 14, 2007
Does anybody know why app on homepage does not available?
Namaste
Elena