[Kernel-OC/UV] Infusion-GB Now with 2 Cores! Choose your Bake today!

Search This thread

bedwa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 5, 2008
Springfield IL
I'm back with Gingerbread Kernel goodness for all.

As always, I am not responsible for Borking for phone if you do. It's your brick, you made it. ;)

Note: Only works with SAMSUNG roms, not AOSP based roms. In addition, if moving from 1.1 to core-A/B please remove boot settings in Voltage Control before flashing.

Includes:
Voodoo Sound 10
Voodoo Lagfix
Insecure boot (ro.secure=0)
cfq scheduler

Planned:
bfq and more schedulers
TinyRCU
Possible GPU-OC
and more to be determined... Tell me what you want!

Use CWM or Kernel Flasher by Neldar to flash your kernel, and as always if you need to UV, use Voltage Control from the Android Market, brought to you by Xan. ;)

Update with GB-1.1
Interactivex governor
Tweaks with Ondemand
1400 and 1000 frequencies enabled.
Bootanimation support. (non-Hellraiser roms, rename to sanim.zip instead of bootanimation.zip)

Update with GB-CoreA/B
New Frequencies 16-12-8-4-2-1 (A) and 14-10-8-4-2-1 (B)
InteractiveX Gov Tweaks (now a load based gov, max when over a certain load, lower when under, sorta like Smartass for CPU load)
Implemented modified Entropy initramfs tweaks.

GB-CoreA/B2
FFC Fixed.
Updated for AT&T GB Leaks (J series)

For a workaround to wired and wireless tethering, use wired and wireless tethering workarounds for the time being, both have been working for me, and make sure with the wireless that you set it as an SGS/Galaxy S in the settings. This will work for the Hellraiser rom-patch. Make sure you choose the top one in both download areas linked above.

Thanks as always to everyone in the past who have worked on an SGS kernel/phone (Netarchy, Hardcore, Unhelpful ect)
Also to my fellow devs here in the Infuse forums and for their patience with my constant questions in the IRC channel..... (Entropy512, LinuxBozo ect...)

and My Insanity Crew,
crazynfo
gb96
Unknown #1
2sl0w
ookba
motumbo
Chewy11
Thumbsinblack

Attachments

• Infusion-GB.1.0.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 6,878
  • Infusion-GB.1.1.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 6,817
  • InfusionGB-CoreA.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 3,300
  • InfusionGB-CoreB.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 1,369
  • InfusionGB-CoreA2.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 3,542
  • InfusionGB-CoreB2.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 4,127
Last edited:

Max Sterling

Feb 6, 2011
Just installed this kernel and HOLY CRAP! ITS SO FAST!! :eek:

With the regular gingerbread kernel, I had some lag but with this one there's barely any! Overclocked to 1600 and undervolted abit and everything is running silky smooth! :D

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
Very very impressive!
OC 1600Mhz on demand
2280 Quadrant and this phone can now play 1080p YouTube videos smoothly :|
So far it is stable.

nervad

Jan 18, 2011
Deltona, FL

As always, I am not responsible for Borking for phone if you do. It's your brick, you made it. ;)

Includes:
Voodoo Sound 10
Voodoo Lagfix
cfq scheduler

Planned:
bfq and more schedulers
TinyRCU
Possible GPU-OC

Use CWM or Kernel Flasher by Neldar to flash your kernel, and as always if you need to UV, use Voltage Control from the Android Market, brought to you by Xan. ;)

First thanks for your continued work with the infuse, now you say tell you what we want :D come on lol we want everything you can squeeze out of it plus the kitchen sink :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Note: Only works with SAMSUNG roms, not AOSP based roms. In addition, if moving from 1.1 to core-A/B please remove boot settings in Voltage Control before flashing.

Includes:
    Voodoo Sound 10
    Voodoo Lagfix
    cfq scheduler

Planned:
    bfq and more schedulers
    TinyRCU
    Possible GPU-OC

Update with GB-1.1
    Interactivex governor
    Tweaks with Ondemand
    1400 and 1000 frequencies enabled.
    Bootanimation support. (non-Hellraiser roms, rename to sanim.zip instead of bootanimation.zip)

Update with GB-CoreA/B
    New Frequencies 16-12-8-4-2-1 (A) and 14-10-8-4-2-1 (B)
    InteractiveX Gov Tweaks (now a load based gov, max when over a certain load, lower when under, sorta like Smartass for CPU load)
    Implemented modified Entropy initramfs tweaks.

GB-CoreA/B2
    FFC Fixed.
    Updated for AT&T GB Leaks (J series)

For a workaround to wired and wireless tethering, use wired and wireless tethering workarounds for the time being, both have been working for me, and make sure with the wireless that you set it as an SGS/Galaxy S in the settings. This will work for the Hellraiser rom-patch. Make sure you choose the top one in both download areas linked above.

Thanks as always to everyone in the past who have worked on an SGS kernel/phone (Netarchy, Hardcore, Unhelpful ect)
    Also to my fellow devs here in the Infuse forums and for their patience with my constant questions in the IRC channel..... (Entropy512, LinuxBozo ect...)

and My Insanity Crew,
    crazynfo
    gb96
    Unknown #1
    2sl0w
    ookba
    motumbo
    Chewy11
    Thumbsinblack
    I've heard that the Source code has dropped for the infuse. Any chance of bedwa updating the kernels to support Video and maybe some other stuff? :)
    I'm looking into it. Irony: Having a 1/2 day off, getting 2.5 hours additional excused from work time, just to see a kernel source drop. :p
    D-man got the source and there's a link in development. Can't wait for you to whip together a infusion kernel with HDMI and all that goodness with some oc in there. I prefer your kernel over any other. You could you make it with 1.2, 1.4, & 1.6 that would be nice. I like the freqs in 1.6 but would like 1.4 in there also... but do it how you want..

Sent from my Haxsung Infuse R3velation shot up with Adrenaline

Thanks man. I'm going to rebase soon. The different cores were due to the frequencies not hitting all the ones in the phone, causing stuttering over performance. I found the sweet spot was right at 5-6 frequencies per kernel.

Sent from yet ANOTHER Phone.... (MB860/Olympus)
    sorry, haven't had a chance to sit down with this code ATM. Just sent off my phone to jt1134 as well to get ICS on it for everyone. (Loan) So unfortunately it may be a bit.
    Good News and Sad News

The good news, I've updated the kernel. It's got the new leak Fixes and FFC fix as well.

And the bad (and possibly ugly, sorry)....
    This may be my last update minus maintenance updates. I picked up an LG Thrill over the weekend, decided to try it out and quickly got attached to the simple overlay (I did hack the original Optimus Z Launcher, remember?) and noticed that there's no OC kernel as of yet for it either. With both of these ,and the fact that as a po-man I cannot afford 2 devices, I am moving over to that device. I still love the Infuse, but I've been craving for a dual core device for some time, along with the tweaks that using an O3D rom gives (3d anything), it's too tempting. If for some reason I don't see that an update (minor) is needed for compatibility, let me know, PLEASE. I'm ultimately here cause of you guys and I thank you for your time with this project.

In addition, if anyone wants to pick up and fork my git, DO IT! That's why it's there and why GPL exists.

With love and camaraderie,
    -B