Rooting and Flashing

Search This thread

LaughingMoose

Jul 6, 2011
So I just picked up the Sensation. I'd like to root and flash it. But since it's so new and shiny, I'm a little worried. I've done this all before on my Vibrant and Nook, but just want to know if there are any precautions specifically for the Sensation. Also, a a nice ROM recommendation would be nice. Although I'm considering the HD Revolution 1.8.8 I saw in the other section.

Thanks guys.

S

stanleynhan

totally safe to do it. just follow the instructions on the dev section and you should be set to flash roms. the revolution rom is a good one to start with, im currently using leedroid v1.3. i was worried about this too because it was my first time doing something like this, but you dont have anything to worry about

redbullcat

Dec 11, 2010
Hampshire, England
Revolutionary is an awesome tool :) It's so so simple...even simpler than unlocking a Nexus One, if I remember that process correctly (fastboot oem unlock...?).

InsertCoin 2.3.4 is awesome, as is Android Revolution HD.

GideonX

Jun 10, 2010
NYC
www.droidhype.com
Rooting is cake, just read and follow directions and you'll be fine.

Are you a TMOUS user? You may want to flash a TMOUS rom to gain full data speeds. The roms mentioned are not built off TMOUS release.

qwert_

May 25, 2011
This is my first android phone. And flashing really felt like piece of cake. Haven't heard of anyone bricking their phone yet so just go ahead.

Lol awesome, originally i just wanted to post sth in the revolution Rom thread. Since I don't have 10 posts and am a new user, I'll have to wait 5 minutes now, write another post and so on until I'm finally at 10 posts to comment on the newest version oh ARHD :(

oddgit

Apr 8, 2010
I had a minor issue when i flashed my TMOUSA Sensation 4g, i have tried a few roms, including the stock rom. When i went S-Off and Rooted the phone never stays in Vibrate or Silent. It always reverts to some strange version of audible where some ui clicks are full volume but notifications are super quiet. Dont have 10 posts so i cant do a proper bug report :(

emadsamy

Aug 11, 2011
cairo
s-off get the device out from warranty in my home
so i need root my device with delaying getting out from warranty for 6 months then free to flash room:eek: