Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 52,383 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

D4 Update Zip Maker v1.2r1 - Make update.zip with some clicks!

Tip us?

D4rKn3sSyS
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 15967

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowenati View Post
Do I need net framework to run this? I'm on XP SP3 and when I try to run nothing happens. Tried opening as admin, no dice.
You need to have JAVA installed, no net framework.
@darkstep, you're completly right, ill fix asap. thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to D4rKn3sSyS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darkstep
Old
Thanks Meter 63
thank you for being a good dev

D4rKn3sSyS
Old
Thanks Meter 15967

DONATE TO ME
Done!, new version uploaded, fixed the bug, thanks for reporting darkstep, also improved zip method (should be tiny faster, now calcs only once CRC32, 2 not really needed).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D4rKn3sSyS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darkstep
Old
(Last edited by darkstep; 15th August 2011 at 10:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 63
finally its working for me ;],but i have a question set_perm(0, 0, 777, "/system/etc/init.d/S97ramscript") but in root explorer the script is running fine the ram values are changed so i thing the permissions are the same?
edit:after a reboot the script is not running even if i change the permissions manually what im doing wrong?
here is the script:
mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
package_extract_file("/system/etc/init.d/S97ramscript", "system");
set_perm(0, 0, 777, "/system/etc/init.d/S97ramscript")

fowenati
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
This is great! Finally got it running! Just realized this was in the X10 forums, that's probably why it didnt work on my evo3D. I feel like such a noob. Any chance for extended support for other devices?

The Future Devs : We Start Young : 17yo
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiklone View Post
i went into sprint to get my phone checked out it was bugging out but is fine now and the sprint guy at the repair center showed me his evo 3d and sure enough he was running this rom haha just thought it was funny as i was nervous to go in with a rooted phone

D4rKn3sSyS
Old
Thanks Meter 15967

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
This is great! Finally got it running! Just realized this was in the X10 forums, that's probably why it didnt work on my evo3D. I feel like such a noob. Any chance for extended support for other devices?
That's basically My idea, in fact it should run on any device, we only need your device prebuilt, you can check /installfolder/prebuilt/u20.zip, and replace META-INF folder with some META-INF from some update.zip on evo3D Forums, also if boot.img avaliable, share how to create on your specific device using edify scripting, so we can build a prebuilt for evo3D.

fowenati
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
So by pre built what exactly do you mean? Could I pull it from my phone and upload it for you to implement? Or would I put it in the install folder (programfiles/etc) on my computer in the directory you said. As for the META-INF, would I need an Evo3D one for the update-binary, since this one would over write the script?

Thanks for all your help

Quote:
i went into sprint to get my phone checked out it was bugging out but is fine now and the sprint guy at the repair center showed me his evo 3d and sure enough he was running this rom haha just thought it was funny as i was nervous to go in with a rooted phone

D4rKn3sSyS
Old
Thanks Meter 15967

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
So by pre built what exactly do you mean? Could I pull it from my phone and upload it for you to implement? Or would I put it in the install folder (programfiles/etc) on my computer in the directory you said. As for the META-INF, would I need an Evo3D one for the update-binary, since this one would over write the script?

Thanks for all your help
mmm, 2 questions
1. Do your device support boot.img (kernels)
2. Can you upload a little update.zip for anything, ill add to prebuilts on next release

fowenati
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rKn3sSyS View Post
mmm, 2 questions
1. Do your device support boot.img (kernels)
2. Can you upload a little update.zip for anything, ill add to prebuilts on next release
Yeah it supports kernels, I don't have particularly fast internet now (think 12 kbps up) to upload my own zip (not that I have gotten one working), but I can link you to a few threads for the evo3D that have update.zips that work.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1194137 (ROM Im trying to make a mod for)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1209379 (Mod that removes sense for the 3VO which I tried building my mod off of)

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to fowenati For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D4rKn3sSyS
Old
Thanks Meter 15967

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yeah it supports kernels, I don't have particularly fast internet now (think 12 kbps up) to upload my own zip (not that I have gotten one working), but I can link you to a few threads for the evo3D that have update.zips that work.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1194137 (ROM Im trying to make a mod for)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1209379 (Mod that removes sense for the 3VO which I tried building my mod off of)
Ok, next version will have evo3D prebuilt thank you!