FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

D4 Update Zip Maker v1.2r1 - Make update.zip with some clicks!

3,774 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,016

Post Reply Email Thread
15th August 2011, 08:56 PM |#21  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Monteria

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowenati

Do I need net framework to run this? I'm on XP SP3 and when I try to run nothing happens. Tried opening as admin, no dice.

You need to have JAVA installed, no net framework.
@darkstep, you're completly right, ill fix asap. thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to D4rKn3sSyS For This Useful Post: [ View ]

15th August 2011, 09:04 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
thank you for being a good dev
15th August 2011, 09:30 PM |#23  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Monteria

Donate to Me
More
Done!, new version uploaded, fixed the bug, thanks for reporting darkstep, also improved zip method (should be tiny faster, now calcs only once CRC32, 2 not really needed).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D4rKn3sSyS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2011, 10:38 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
finally its working for me ;],but i have a question set_perm(0, 0, 777, "/system/etc/init.d/S97ramscript") but in root explorer the script is running fine the ram values are changed so i thing the permissions are the same?
edit:after a reboot the script is not running even if i change the permissions manually what im doing wrong?
here is the script:
mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
package_extract_file("/system/etc/init.d/S97ramscript", "system");
set_perm(0, 0, 777, "/system/etc/init.d/S97ramscript")
15th August 2011, 10:55 PM |#25  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 460

Donate to Me
More
This is great! Finally got it running! Just realized this was in the X10 forums, that's probably why it didnt work on my evo3D. I feel like such a noob. Any chance for extended support for other devices?
15th August 2011, 11:00 PM |#26  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Monteria

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This is great! Finally got it running! Just realized this was in the X10 forums, that's probably why it didnt work on my evo3D. I feel like such a noob. Any chance for extended support for other devices?

That's basically My idea, in fact it should run on any device, we only need your device prebuilt, you can check /installfolder/prebuilt/u20.zip, and replace META-INF folder with some META-INF from some update.zip on evo3D Forums, also if boot.img avaliable, share how to create on your specific device using edify scripting, so we can build a prebuilt for evo3D.
15th August 2011, 11:12 PM |#27  
Flag Los Angeles, CA

Donate to Me
More
So by pre built what exactly do you mean? Could I pull it from my phone and upload it for you to implement? Or would I put it in the install folder (programfiles/etc) on my computer in the directory you said. As for the META-INF, would I need an Evo3D one for the update-binary, since this one would over write the script?

Thanks for all your help
15th August 2011, 11:21 PM |#28  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Monteria

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So by pre built what exactly do you mean? Could I pull it from my phone and upload it for you to implement? Or would I put it in the install folder (programfiles/etc) on my computer in the directory you said. As for the META-INF, would I need an Evo3D one for the update-binary, since this one would over write the script?

Thanks for all your help

mmm, 2 questions
1. Do your device support boot.img (kernels)
2. Can you upload a little update.zip for anything, ill add to prebuilts on next release
15th August 2011, 11:29 PM |#29  
Flag Los Angeles, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rKn3sSyS

mmm, 2 questions
1. Do your device support boot.img (kernels)
2. Can you upload a little update.zip for anything, ill add to prebuilts on next release

Yeah it supports kernels, I don't have particularly fast internet now (think 12 kbps up) to upload my own zip (not that I have gotten one working), but I can link you to a few threads for the evo3D that have update.zips that work.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1194137 (ROM Im trying to make a mod for)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1209379 (Mod that removes sense for the 3VO which I tried building my mod off of)
The Following User Says Thank You to fowenati For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fowenati Ad-Free
16th August 2011, 01:59 AM |#30  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Monteria

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah it supports kernels, I don't have particularly fast internet now (think 12 kbps up) to upload my own zip (not that I have gotten one working), but I can link you to a few threads for the evo3D that have update.zips that work.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1194137 (ROM Im trying to make a mod for)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1209379 (Mod that removes sense for the 3VO which I tried building my mod off of)

Ok, next version will have evo3D prebuilt thank you!
16th August 2011, 07:29 AM |#31  
Flag Los Angeles, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rKn3sSyS

Ok, next version will have evo3D prebuilt thank you!

Awesome, cant wait!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)