"SDHC card patch WM5 and WM6" working

Search This thread

juanter

Oct 9, 2007
it works in may loox 560 but when i try to connect with my wifi don`t find the wireless adapter, if you found that works in loox 520 it has to be the same for my Loox 560. You could explain how made it work?

I am using a Transcend 150x of 4GB but it worked without the SDHC card patch, but i am thinking to buy a 8GB.

Sorry for my english.

cancakmak

Mar 25, 2007
i still want to have clear and stable answers. I want to realease that i can use sdhc with wm5 (6815) or i have to buy 2gb cards.

please someone must clerify this !

evojulz

Mar 10, 2007
London
So we have to format its microsd in fat32 before installing the patch ...?

If you are formatting your new SDHC card you should use something like this designed especially for SDHC.

If you plan to use a non-SDHC card adding the DLL's and installing certs.cab then you should format it to FAT32, I first read about it here last month.

If you flash your ROM from your card then you should format it back to FAT16 first as after the ROM flash you may not be able to read a FAT32 card (device specific).

If would be good to hear from owners of a Touch or something with standard SDHC support to see if they can read FAT16 formatted cards??

i still want to have clear and stable answers. I want to realease that i can use sdhc with wm5 (6815) or i have to buy 2gb cards.

please someone must clerify this !

I would like to clarify this but I still don't have a SDHC card. I'll be getting one anyway as there are WM6 ROM's for my P3600 that have built in support but I'll try my best to get it to work on WM5 first.

Problem is that DLL files are very device specific so what works for one device may not work for others. There are other SDHC DLL options around the forum to try out though.

juanter

Oct 9, 2007
i try with my SD 4GB not SDHC in FAT16 and it works, but like i say before with the SDHC patch don´t find the wireless adapter. Is there anymore with this problem?

zandadoum

Sep 13, 2007
tested on a P3300 with original HTC WM6 rom and a sandisk 2GB card (wanted to install the patch and test later at home with a 4GB sdhc card)

it stopped reading the 2GB card... so i guess with this patch installed, you can't read "non-sdhc" anymore.

will try with other card tonight.

zandadoum

Sep 13, 2007
ok, confirmed. the patches and instructions in this post did NOT work for me. HTC P3300 with original HTC WM6 rom.

procedure:
i have my 2GB card plugged in. the patch is in a folder on the rom. resco explorer is installed (on the card tho)

1) i execute SDHC.CAB, i am asked to reboot, stuff still works.
2) after reboot i copy the DLLs to the windows folder with resco. i am asked to overwrite and i check the file dates in \windows to make sure it worked.
3) i execute CERTS.CAB and once done,
4) i turn off the phone, switch to my 4GB (sandisk 4gb microsdhc)

i turn on and... no card. i go into configuration->memory ... sais no card.

i try to reformat the card with my PC, i have tried this file systems with NO success:
FAT:no
FAT32:no
NTFS:no
EXT2:no
EXT3:no

so... i'll wait for a single CAB that does it all. the guys who did the new roms will hopefully release one soon.

the thing is, this whole files posted here, remind me of a fake patch i tried several month ago. i remember this due the weird TXT that comes with it. it didn't work back then and it's not working now.

mcwarre

Jul 23, 2005
Any feedback on this patch and the Wizard? I am desperate but do not have a SDHC to test.... PLEASE ;)

wperdomos

Feb 6, 2007
Omg You Are A Genius!!! Reset Loop Solved!

OMG i been triying for months to get away my reset loop problem on my s621!!

AND THIS DRIVER DONE IT!!!

I had to remove my 2gb sd card (fat32) every time i reset, was anoying because if i took much time to insert it had the storage card2 bug (really really anoying)

Omg im so gratefull, i read a lot of times that bug involve the omap850_sdhc.dll but on my device cant be renamed or replaced.

I just apply the pacth and done! now i can reset turn it off removing battery or at any metod and no more reset loop :)

P.D. I dont know if work on sdhc for me (i guess yes) so i dont have any sdhc to test

Ill gonna put a link to here on every loop forum ive visited.

mmbhm

Jun 24, 2007
okay - i'm obviously a moron. where are the dll's your supposed to use to overwrite the original files?

mmbhm

Jun 24, 2007
On the SCH-i760

1. overwrote the two dlls
2. used the sdkcert
3. ran the sdhc cab.
4. soft reset
still only reading 1.7 gbs

Any other ideas? this is driving me nuts.

mnn123

Nov 17, 2007
Can I use this patch on my HTC P3300 WM6?

Has anyone tried this patch on HTC P3300 WM6 and does it work?

And how do I install the patch? (If it works)

Regards
Mogens

Last edited:

komser

Sep 24, 2007
only 4GB of 8GB

I installed first the certs.cab and afterwards the sdhc.cab.
Now, I see my SDHC card, but only the 4 GB, not the whole 8 GB.

My other problem is, that I'm not able to replace the two dll files (using active sync) --> reason: the file is in use and can not be replaced.

my device:
FSC T810 with GERMAN WM5 (Smartphone Edition)
8 GB CLASS2 Hama storage card

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SDHC Success Axim X51v

Though it was not easy going, this thread did eventually prove as useful as I'd hoped. I recently purchased a Dell Axim X51v and was interested in adding SDHC support to it without flashing to a WM6.1 ROM (though I plan to eventually). After slogging through this thread (I pretty much read every post up to page 39!) I was successful at adding full SDHC capabilities to my X51v with the stock WM5.0 rom that it came from Dell with. This is how I did it.

I spent about 3 hours working with SDHC_WM6WM5.cab, SDHC_v071227.cab, SDHC.777.cab but none of these worked, I was able to replace the .dll files (which is manually required by 2 of those .cabs) by using the rename and replace trick that is explained numerous times earlier in this thread. I tried every combination of installing .cabs, replacing .dlls and soft reseting that I could possibly try all to no avail. As I read on further in the thread I did come across SDHC_DRIVERS_FOR_C550_AND_N560_BY_GreateVK_AND_FreePK. I originally disregarded this since right in its name is says it is for devices I am not working with. I don't even know what a C550 or an N560 are. Along I went reading further and reading more about people having success with SDHC_DRIVERS_FOR_C550_AND_N560_BY_GreateVK_AND_FreePK working on other things than what it is intended for. As a last ditch effort I figured what the hell I'll give it a try since it can't hurt. I ran the install and soft reset just as is instructed and did I just about fall out of my chair when I put in my HP 16GB SDHC card and it recognized it! 15.whatever it was GBs! I was extremely pleased.

I saw a few people along the way inquiring about whether anything worked with and Axim X51v, hopefully they figured it out themselves or they may come across my post. Thanks to all the posters that help me acheive success in the end!

Some things to note: I had cleared all the previous sdhc related cabs from my Ax. This was a bit of a tricky process. You have to reinstall the .cab (that you want to remove) which will tell you that it must uninstall the previous install first which is followed by a soft reset prompt. After the soft reset you can use the remove programs utility to fully remove from the program from the system. If you use the remove programs utility first it will tell you that it can't be fully removed in which case you have to fully reinstall and then follow the process that I listed anyhow. This took me a few tries to figure out, what a pain in the ass! I also replaced the stock .dlls in the Ax's windows directory so that it was back to the way it was before I tried any of the sdhc .cab files. I did all this before I ran SDHC_DRIVERS_FOR_C550_AND_N560_BY_GreateVK_AND_FreePK. I am using a windows vista system and transfered the SDHC_DRIVERS_FOR_C550_AND_N560_BY_GreateVK_AND_FreePK file directly onto the Ax's built in memory using the usb system to just copy and paste them to it like it was another storage card, I did not in anyway use the Windows Mobile Device Center (the vista compatible replacement for active sync).

I know this should help anyone looking to add SDHC support to an Axim X51v without flashing to a WM6.1 ROM, I don't know if it will help anyone else, but hopefully you will enjoy my lengthy post. :D

I stopped reading every page after I got it working so someone may have already posted about this previously in the 20 or so pages that I did not read.
    Hi.

I've applied the SDHC patch to my Loox 520. Simply installed the SDHC.cab and it asked to "reboot". Confirmed that, and after the reboot the SDHC (4 GB) was detected correctly. But now I have the problem that performance is very poor when accessing the sd card. Starting e.g. Navigon now takes 3 times longer than before. Also switching back to the 2GB sd card makes no difference.

I removed that SDHC patch via "Remove Programs", it was called "HTC SDHC" IIRC, and after an additional reboot, the performance of the 2gb card is back to normal.

Did someone encounter similar problems? for the record: I did NOT softreset the 520 though pressing the standby button and reset button (with pen). But I don't think that's a problem since the .cab made a soft-reset by itself and the card worked basically.

Any hints?

I assume you are using one of the patches on the first page of this thread? If so, have you tried the Loox N560 patch for SDHC. It seems to work on lots of other makes and models as well as Looxes. You have to do a soft reset after you install it. And you can uninstall it, if it does not work for you. It is here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=388364

Let us know if it works, please?