Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][05Aug10][v1.6][SENSE2.5TAB] Facebook Tab - v1.6 (+192xPatch)

Tip us?

meltwater
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by light_n_roses View Post
Hi meltwater !

I'm without my hd2 because is on htc assistance for broken touchscreen anyway, how the facebook beta is going ?
Any plain to realese the facebook new engine as a separate tab any soon ?
Well it is working on the RSSTab (next beta will improve the basics I initially released), since you can choose to use the RSSTab just for facebook, there isnt much need for a separate tab (unless you want to use both rss feeds and fb function separately).

Since you can theme the tab, you can change the colours to make it into a Fb style tab. And I also plan to make it look even more like the FbTab layout eventually.

At some point in the distant future I may create duplicate tabs (i.e so you can install more than one instance of a tab for different uses - RSS news, RSS facebook, RSS podcast, etc) but since I haven't had time to finish and release my current beta work, it is a long way off. For now you can categorise your feeds and switch between/combine them within the tab itself.
HTC Touch HD
____
* Energy 28244|Feb 19| 2.5.2012114 Cookie *
Radio: 1.17.25.09

Sense Wiki | Facebook Tab v1.6 | RSS Tab | SenseUtil | CHTwPictureFrame
Android-On-A-Shoestring

___
PayPal: if you enjoy the fb/RSS tab!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meltwater For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

light_n_roses
Old
Thanks Meter 66
I see ! Well I hope that the new beta will be out when my phone get back from htc assistance !

coolfx35
Old
Thanks Meter 8
love it, thank you.

light_n_roses
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Hi meltwater !

is there any chance to install the rss tab only for facebook and change its theme ?

meltwater
Old
Thanks Meter 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by light_n_roses View Post
Hi meltwater !

is there any chance to install the rss tab only for facebook and change its theme ?

It is easy to use the RSS Tab just for facebook if you wish, since you can filter the feeds you have on RSS hub to show any category(s) you define.

There currently is no facebook specific theme for it, and I've yet to make the facebook feeds match the FbTab but it has more information and features than the FbTab anyway (for donate users). Even non-donate users can use facebook's own RSS service, which will give some of the information once you've set it up.

Socialcasting Details:
[INFO/GUIDE] Can you recommend some good RSS feeds? (socialcasting added)
Gives info for adding Facebook, Twitter and Google+ as RSS feeds...
HTC Touch HD
____

Android-On-A-Shoestring

___

-pixelfreak-
Old
(Last edited by -pixelfreak-; 7th August 2011 at 08:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3,090

DONATE TO ME
Default re

hay does not work for me, IDS Translation in the settings. Press Menu softkey and then comes IDS_AUT ...
in the setting menu is all entries with IDS. have the pack installed in my kitchen OS
Leige what can it mean?

tanks

this is a pic from my screen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	680155   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	680156  

I am looking for a user who has my lost 2in1 WinMobile Rom PLEASE SEND ME A PM

light_n_roses
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Hi meltwater !

I'm installing the rss tab right now ! I'll give it a try to see how it works before make a donation.
Anyway I have seen that the rss tab have the chance to install a theme, it would be great to have the possibility to install the very same theme of this facebook tab !

meltwater
Old
(Last edited by meltwater; 10th August 2011 at 09:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny2005 View Post
hay does not work for me, IDS Translation in the settings. Press Menu softkey and then comes IDS_AUT ...
in the setting menu is all entries with IDS. have the pack installed in my kitchen OS
Leige what can it mean?

tanks

this is a pic from my screen
I'll answer this in the RSSTab thread since you mention you have similar issues there. Basically you need to ensure the language your phone is set to is supported...more detail in the other thread...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=918
HTC Touch HD
____

Android-On-A-Shoestring

___

Nullstring
Old
(Last edited by Nullstring; 16th August 2011 at 01:29 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 239

DONATE TO ME
Talking Misaligned FB Icon - Need help to remove

Misaligned FB Icon - Need help to remove.

Deleting ManilaFull.xml will wreck Sense 2.5

HTML Code:
<Page Order="11" Name="facebook.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[Facebook]]">
	<ComponentReference Name="page" Mode9Path="HTC\People\facebook.mode9" Component="SummaryAllPage" SmartComponent="true"/>
	<ComponentReference Name="icon_normal" Mode9Path="HTC\Manila\Facebookicon.mode9" Component="Facebook_Off"/>
	<ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\Manila\Facebookicon.mode9" Component="Facebook_On"/>
	<ComponentReference Name="icon_preview" Mode9Path="HTC\Manila\Facebookicon.mode9" Component="Facebook_Preview"/>
</Page>
What can I do here? Changing Mode9Path doesn't work.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fbicon.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	690087  

Gambit Mobile Applications for Windows Phone 7

-

meltwater
Old
Thanks Meter 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullstring View Post
Misaligned FB Icon - Need help to remove.

Deleting ManilaFull.xml will wreck Sense 2.5

HTML Code:
<Page Order="11" Name="facebook.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[Facebook]]">
	<ComponentReference Name="page" Mode9Path="HTC\People\facebook.mode9" Component="SummaryAllPage" SmartComponent="true"/>
	<ComponentReference Name="icon_normal" Mode9Path="HTC\Manila\Facebookicon.mode9" Component="Facebook_Off"/>
	<ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\Manila\Facebookicon.mode9" Component="Facebook_On"/>
	<ComponentReference Name="icon_preview" Mode9Path="HTC\Manila\Facebookicon.mode9" Component="Facebook_Preview"/>
</Page>
What can I do here? Changing Mode9Path doesn't work.

Thanks
1st check to see if your ROM needs two icons or not, see this section in post 3:
FAQ: My ROM shows double tab icons when selected (typically applies to NRG ROMs)
Chances are you don't need the 2nd icon.

"2nd Deleting ManilaFull.xml will wreck Sense 2.5"...then you have a setup problem, this should NOT be the case.
ManilaFull.xml must be generated by sense when it initialises the first time, otherwise it will not reflect what is installed on the device. It must NOT be cooked in (as it will always be present in flash otherwise) and for sense to work correctly - i.e. allow you to add/change tabs, adjust icons, change language, change widgets etc your setup should be able to generate it and run (note this takes longer than normal the 1st time - 5 to 10 min depending on your device and sometimes in rare cases soft-reset and try again - although that is probably only true when you've are messing with the sense code directly.
HTC Touch HD
____

Android-On-A-Shoestring

___

Tags
facebook, htc, mod, sense 2.5, tab