Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

ROMs....cm7 and stuff

OP brian85

16th August 2011, 11:09 PM   |  #21  
BonesRed's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lower East Side, NYC
Thanks Meter: 31
 
264 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Go flash any rom from dev, they've all got speed and ram optimizations. And you can remove all traces of sense in seconds with a simple script. What is sense besides rosie and some widgets essentially. Put in a custom kernel like Unity 7 and use your launcher of choice and your rom will fly.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA Premium App
16th August 2011, 11:24 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 98
 
924 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesRed

Go flash any rom from dev, they've all got speed and ram optimizations. And you can remove all traces of sense in seconds with a simple script. What is sense besides rosie and some widgets essentially. Put in a custom kernel like Unity 7 and use your launcher of choice and your rom will fly.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA Premium App



lol no...it's not that easy. It doesn't matter if some roms make it look like sense isn't there....it still is, even if you can't see it, and it slows down the phone.

If you want to get the most speed out of your phone (in other words...see the dual core do it's work), you need an AOSP/CM7 rom.
16th August 2011, 11:34 PM   |  #23  
d.brown's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag montreal
Thanks Meter: 38
 
376 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian85

lol no...it's not that easy. It doesn't matter if some roms make it look like sense isn't there....it still is, even if you can't see it, and it slows down the phone.

If you want to get the most speed out of your phone (in other words...see the dual core do it's work), you need an AOSP/CM7 rom.

+ 1 just look you used ram... Mine is 449mb and I'm on Senseless with Adw launcher still lagging... I'm had many Android nexus nexus s... Dhd and all with aosp and root then cm7 on then... If it wasn't for the video I saw with CM7 coming to the sensation I would never considered buying one

From A Pyramid... On Ana Nicole Smith UI (SENSE) NEED CM7!!!
16th August 2011, 11:47 PM   |  #24  
esincho's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 225
 
2,431 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian85

lol no...it's not that easy. It doesn't matter if some roms make it look like sense isn't there....it still is, even if you can't see it, and it slows down the phone.

If you want to get the most speed out of your phone (in other words...see the dual core do it's work), you need an AOSP/CM7 rom.

+1...........
16th August 2011, 11:57 PM   |  #25  
nexicon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag KCMO
Thanks Meter: 135
 
662 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg02d

For me, I find all the Sense widgets to be useless. At first, they are neat. Later, when my phone begins to slow down, I get to asking myself "dual cores, 1.2Ghz and I see lag!?".

Speed comes first, in my book. Then come all the neat features. I have yet to try CM, but I hear so much that I will flash it as my first ROM ever. If I dont like it, I will just stick with stock.

Matt

AMEN. it will also be my very first ROM. God I can't stand anything besides vanilla.

Question. How long on average does it take the C M TEAM to release their final build? Is it taking longer than usual for this specific version for this phone? Thanks in advance.



Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App
17th August 2011, 12:19 AM   |  #26  
phonegod's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
579 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbullcat

But that's the point of Android. It's barebones, but the user makes it look beautiful. Fast and beautiful. This is why I use Android. I can make it look like iOS *shudder* or webOS, or WP7, or something new and completely different.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA Premium App

i had cm7 on my hd2 i was not press, and for those that say they had it on previous phones than why get rid of somthing so fast for somthing you call so slow hmm. cm7 wasn`t even out when you brought the sensation so dont say you got it for cm7
17th August 2011, 02:02 AM   |  #27  
Jimmah555's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 123
 
346 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonegod

i had cm7 on my hd2 i was not press, and for those that say they had it on previous phones than why get rid of somthing so fast for somthing you call so slow hmm. cm7 wasn`t even out when you brought the sensation so dont say you got it for cm7

I bought the Sensation specifically to put CM7 on it.

Of course CM7 wasn't out for the Sensation, as the Sensation wasn't released yet. Kind of makes sense right?

You need to get a better understanding of how ROM cooking works before making statements like that.

Poor name choice by the way.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App
17th August 2011, 02:19 AM   |  #28  
phonegod's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
579 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmah555

I bought the Sensation specifically to put CM7 on it.

Of course CM7 wasn't out for the Sensation, as the Sensation wasn't released yet. Kind of makes sense right?

You need to get a better understanding of how ROM cooking works before making statements like that.

Poor name choice by the way.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

and i guest your name is a good choice looking at your attribute you dont know **** about cooking a rom if you did where is it oh thought so just jibber jabber following the next man comment jimmah555 sholud of just use your goverment name you live in vegas what the hell you woring about my name for must dont get know bitches on xda and in vegas
Last edited by phonegod; 17th August 2011 at 02:22 AM.
17th August 2011, 02:24 AM   |  #29  
dr.m0x's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 750
 
3,279 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonegod

i had cm7 on my hd2 i was not press, and for those that say they had it on previous phones than why get rid of somthing so fast for somthing you call so slow hmm. cm7 wasn`t even out when you brought the sensation so dont say you got it for cm7

Yeah it wasn't out, but I knew kmobs had the phone. If kmobs has the phone it means it will get cm7. Kmobs is one if the main devs for cm7. All his phones run cm7. And sense tbh is not that slow in the sensation but its a lot slower than cm7.

Sent from my Leedroided Htc Sensation 4g!
17th August 2011, 02:24 AM   |  #30  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 719
 
854 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonegod

for one im black and dont like white women for two its just a name your name on here does not make you some body what you do does and your doing nothing,now like i said cm7 does not press me get over it Dick head people can say sense aint **** but i say cm7 isn`t that good to me and your acting like a bunch of bitches wipe your ass and shut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonegod

and i guest your name is a good choice looking at your attribute you dont know **** about cooking a rom if you did where is it oh thought so just jibber jabber following the next man comment jimmah555 sholud of just use your goverment name you live in vegas what the hell you woring about my name for must dont get know bitches on xda and in vegas

.....,!....?..!..,..... I just decided to add all the punctuation you missed in your sentences.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to persiansown For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes