[ROM][STOCK] TMO_US_1.45.531.1 + root + busybox

Search This thread

Shaquiel Harris

Feb 9, 2009
Los Angeles
i just merged the files from the ota zip.. it was small only 40 something mbs i think. after going through it though, dont really see the point in even applying it. was gonna just add them to my 2.3.3 rom but from looking at whats actually in the OTA..looks kinda pointless.

Romanbb

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co
i just merged the files from the ota zip.. it was small only 40 something mbs i think. after going through it though, dont really see the point in even applying it. was gonna just add them to my 2.3.3 rom but from looking at whats actually in the OTA..looks kinda pointless.

The heart of the update was in the "patch" folder which you can't merge with zipping, only through recovery.

maff1989

Sep 20, 2010
Bolingbrook
@birg,

Downloaded this .zip, and have it de-odexing in my Ubuntu kitchen right now ;)

I'm thinking of starting a new thread for my .zip but that would seem sorta pointless.. perhaps I can forward you the link and you can update your OP?

EDIT: Unless you're already working on the de-odex'd version, then I will keep the one I'm working on for personal use.

Last edited:

Romanbb

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co
@birg,

Downloaded this .zip, and have it de-odexing in my Ubuntu kitchen right now ;)

I'm thinking of starting a new thread for my .zip but that would seem sorta pointless.. perhaps I can forward you the link and you can update your OP?

Sure, I was going to do that later tonight anyways. This laptop can barely handle notepad++ it feels like.

Forward me the link, I'll post that and mirror it on goo-inside.me

vinnyjr

Jul 25, 2010
Boston
A couple of quick questions before flashing this,
Should I do a complete factory wipe along with dalvic cache?

Has any results been posted? haven't seen anyone come back with final results.

Thanks in advance,
Vinny

vinnyjr

Jul 25, 2010
Boston
If you're on a 2.3.4 rom right now, just wipe caches and flash over so you won't lose data. If quirky things start happening, do a clean install.

Thanks, what if you are on the stock 2.3.3 with s-Off and root, do I need to do the full factory wipe along with wiping caches? Hate to be a pain in the ass but want to do it right the first time and maybe without loosing all my data if possible. If I need to do a factory wipe then I will.

Thanks from a pain in the ass, me.
Vinny

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For anyone not feeling risky to apply the OTA update, here's a stripped down version.

• TMO_US_1.45.531.1 TMO_US OTA base (Android 2.3.4)
    • pre-rooted
    • busybox installed
    • unsecure boot.img

md5: 05962FCDD97E785899946A52585A0060​

md5: e7e4c86902456ac251ba3f8497872738​
    Will this wipe your data?

No

you should do a wipe yourself though
    thanks a lot for this updated rom! quick question for you tho before i flash this... this still has the improvements of the OTA correct? just doesnt change the hboot version ? and what are the benefits of getting the firmware that was included in the ota? thanks

* just want to be sure i will be getting the positive benefits still of 2.3.4 with this rom that others have reported

You get all the software updates and the kernel with this ROM. There were other things packaged in with the OTA but no one really knows what the difference is between them and the previous versions. They could just be updated for the Hboot or something else. I honestly don't know enough to say.
    Guys, why ask him to debloat for you?? I swear I am not flaming. Just say thank you.

We are rooted and can remove our own bloat.

Thank you for taking time to post this. I will click "Thank You" for you.
    You are always on it Birger, thanks! Should I flash the new tmous radio after flashing this?

It's the same as the 2.3.4 EU radio. If you have it no need. Otherwise I'd do it. It seems to be pretty awesome :)