[KITCHEN] OS Builder V1.4.236 FULL (01.12.2012) - pro wm/wp7 kitchen by barin

Search This thread

CRACING

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
Hello guys,

I have a another lil problem here which is making me worried and its with splitting L modules.

First I tried with my Topaz kitchen and saved about 5MB in slot 0. When I did that, none where loaded into Low. The same where moved to high.

However, when I did the same thing on my HD2 kitchen. Neither I'm getting 5MB more space in slot 0 nor low modules are moved to high. The low modules list stays as is while building, whether I tick splitting L modules or not. :confused:

FYI; I have checked the DSMs and those modules stays in low while building aren't marked as L in the DSMs. I have done full kitchen DSM autocorrection many times. OSBuilder Configurations XML is fresh and OSBuilder.osb also.

Am I doing something wrong? or there is a reg or etc file containing which modules should run low?

Edit: Looks like I have overload of modules in my HD2 kitchen. :(

Edit 2: Ok fixed it too. It was because of phcanImages.dll that I had reversmode'ed. When RecMod'ed, I got the 5mb back on VM slot 0 while building and Low modules were moved to high. :)

When this dll is as file, it of course comes above/out of slot 0 but it would take less then 500kb whereas as module, it was taking 5MB. Approx the same size of the dll.

On topaz, the case was different and the dll didn't take so much of space in slot 0 even though it is as module. FYI; Phone Canvas I use in topaz is rhod phone canvas 3G and on HD2 is 2G phone canvas. No idea why the case was different. :confused:

Edit 3: OK, I have found three dlls which were eating more space then what they eat outside slot 0 (as files). CameraCoreServices8650.dll1, mms.dll and phcanImages.dll.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:

CRACING

Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
Looks like AndrewSh is busy so I will translate and post the change log. :)

1. Fixed a bug that sometimes occurred when cleaning resource module of code.
2. Added ability to search for and delete the call from the library CePerf.dll executable files and modules. For the idea and algorithm thanks to the distinguished Ultrashot'u
The search for such files and modules with ext. instruments (Cleaning-> Delete calls CePerf.dll). In the window with found objects using the context menu, you can either patch the desired objects at once, or add them to a special list.
Objects added to this list will be patched in the assembly (the originals are not touched).
3. Removed parameter settings BuildImgfsGroupModules. Now when you build a IMGFS first written to all the modules, and then files.
4. When you combine packages into a single registry is going to make better
5. Added syntax checking files rgu during assembly (see the build configuration and dump ROM). By default this option is enabled.

Thanks a lot Barin...
Best Regards

Reactions: illi and prabhat

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
Looks like AndrewSh is busy so I will translate and post the change log. :)

1. Fixed a bug that sometimes occurred when cleaning resource module of code.
2. Added ability to search for and delete the call from the library CePerf.dll executable files and modules. For the idea and algorithm thanks to the distinguished Ultrashot'u
The search for such files and modules with ext. instruments (Cleaning-> Delete calls CePerf.dll). In the window with found objects using the context menu, you can either patch the desired objects at once, or add them to a special list.
Objects added to this list will be patched in the assembly (the originals are not touched).
3. Removed parameter settings BuildImgfsGroupModules. Now when you build a IMGFS first written to all the modules, and then files.
4. When you combine packages into a single registry is going to make better
5. Added syntax checking files rgu during assembly (see the build configuration and dump ROM). By default this option is enabled.

Thanks a lot Barin...
Best Regards

I will try to clarify this Google English:
1. The random bug occurred sometimes while cleaning code from resource files - fixed
2. The code of several dlls and executables contains the useless invocation of CePerf.dll (module containing functions of monitoring and logging performance) - needed for debugging purposes only. This test fails to generate results if CEPerf.dll - dependent logging library - is missing. As far as we operate with ready MS Build - we don't need it. But this useless invocation spoils system time and resources. (The idea and cleaning algorithm - by ultrashot)
So now it's possible either to completely remove CEPerf.dll invocation from all files and modules containing it, or do it on the fly while assembling rom (leaving the original files untouched).
3. Earlier it was possible to manually add BuildImgfsGroupModules parameter to osb file to regularize modules and files in IMGFS. Now it's a default feature - while assembling IMGFS first all modules are processed, than all files...
4. When "Merge all Packages to one" option is toggled - registry assembling is highly optimized.
5. .... clear enough in the previous post.

Last edited:

Stephen

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee Ban Time!
Staff member
I have been able to decompress the leo 3.14 rom and the only file I edited was the manila messaging rgu file. I added in the fix for the sms issue. When I compile I get an error

"the last line must not be empty"

Also when it decompiled all files are read only.

Any ideas?

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
Ghost, one dumb question - how much memory do you have on PC?

Would be nice to see this log attached here (imgfslog.txt) - look in TEMP of a kitchen

Possible issues: lack of memory or caching error...

Or some system dlls are missed in System32 - this case can not be solved by us :)

Anyway - first - log file, please......

Stephen

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee Ban Time!
Staff member
Ok Figured out what happened. Durinig the build process, the new windows that appear and have say a 10 second ok buttons for example were being hidden behind the main screen so it was timing out on me and then not adding anything into the logs.

It might be worth on the next version to have a bit of code on the windows to automaticly bring them into focus. What do you think?

EDIT: Tried a third time and worked perfectly. Odd. Looks as if I had been letting the time out buttons time out! Really like the way you can edit the D very easily, that is something you cant do in oskitchen!

Flashed my first successful rom!

Last edited:

ultrashot

May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
Ghost, one dumb question - how much memory do you have on PC?

Would be nice to see this log attached here (imgfslog.txt) - look in TEMP of a kitchen

Possible issues: lack of memory or caching error...

Or some system dlls are missed in System32 - this case can not be solved by us :)

Anyway - first - log file, please......
Always look at error code first ;)
IMGFS Builder itself from newest osb versions doesn't return such error code. Interval: 0 - 14.

Last edited:

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
Changelog for OS Builder V1.2.143

1. The item ZeroLength is added to UL partition drop-down menu (Settings\ Buid Dump and Rom) - ULDR partition is physically removed, but the record about it remains in the Partition Table (SectorsBefore = 0; SectorsCount = 0). In my opinion this is the most viable option for the removal of ULDR. (Here "my opinion" means the opinion of Barin but I would say that this feature removes a lot of bugs - especially if you build so called "empty" roms).

2. The option "Remove flag IMAGE_SCN_COMPRESSED" is added to Advanced IMGFS compression options. This option helps to avoid the idle invocation of the function CEDecompres and thus speeds up the loading of modules.

3. The check-box “Group modules at the beginning of IMGFS partition" is now available in Settings/Build Dump and Rom. Don’t use this option cooking for 6.0-6.1 nk devices and old devices. Good for Leo and other stuff like that. (feature is checked by Barin - for Asus P750, ultrashot - for X1, me - for Asus P525)

Last edited:

Farmer Ted

Nov 30, 2008
You guys are on one hell of a roll. Thanks!

I'm going on 18 days since I last soft reset my device, which is a major record for me, lol. The disabled page pool\ kernel flag=1 is really working for me.

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
Farmer Ted, thanks for your report, my friend. We really did not have an opportunity to check the feature for 18 days.... Maybe 18 hours only :) We really appreciate your feedback

I would offer to try also to toggle the option "Remove flag IMAGE_SCN_COMPRESSED" - works nice!

Regards, Andrew.

Farmer Ted

Nov 30, 2008
It's the kernel flag setting '1'; it disables paging, and loads all dll-modules into ram at startup. It eats into available RAM (maybe 20 MB or so for me), but works great.

Reactions: ai6908 and CRACING

CRACING

Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
It's the kernel flag setting '1'; it disables paging, and loads all dll-modules into ram at startup. It eats into available RAM (maybe 20 MB or so for me), but works great.

So no virtual memory?

This seems very interesting.

Let me try and see how it goes. :)

Edit: sorry, its paging loads to ram. Not vm :p

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official XDA OSBuilder kitchen thread (developed by Barin)
    this thread is dedicated to discussions related windows mobile
    Official XDA OSBuilder 7 kitchen thread (developed by Barin)
    this thread is dedicated to discussions/info related to windows phone 7

I'm honored to be allowed to officially announce/present/support osbuilder here in xda forums by barin. thank you.

this is a new kitchen (not based on old platform rebuilder) developed by asusmobile.ru member barin and tested by many others (mentioned below) including myself.
    ultrashot is also developing some parts of osbuilder (custom imgfsfromdump with advanced parameter support for example).

"One word: SUPERIOR!" hd2owner

OS Builder V1.4.236 FULL (01.12.2012) - 3962+ downloads
    OS Builder V1.4.235 FULL (25.11.2012) - 271 downloads (20590)
    OS Builder V1.4.234 FULL (22.11.2012) - 91 downloads
    OS Builder V1.4.223 FULL (02.10.2012) - 931 downloads
    OS Builder V1.4.209 FULL (19.05.2012) - 2155 downloads
    OS Builder V1.4.206 FULL (21.04.2012) - 531 downloads
    OS Builder V1.4.205 FULL (16.04.2012) - 199 downloads
    OS Builder V1.3.199 FULL (09.12.2011) - 4792 downloads
    OS Builder V1.3.189 FULL (08.11.2011) - 1762 downloads
    OS Builder V1.3.187 FULL (03.11.2011) - 159 downloads
    OS Builder V1.3.163 FULL (29.09.2011) - 2183 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.157 FULL (20.09.2011) - 257 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.153 FULL (15.09.2011) - 157 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.148 FULL (04.09.2011) - 558 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.143 FULL (28.08.2011) - 412 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.140 FULL (21.08.2011) - 229 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.133 FULL (11.08.2011) - 337 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.124 FULL (28.07.2011) - 423 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.116 FULL (27.06.2011) - 1716 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.111 LE (08.06.2011) - 518 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.107 LE (05.03.2011) - 970 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.101 LE (21.02.2011) - 582 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.99 LE (19.02.2011) - 213 downloads
    OS Builder V1.2.89 LE (31.12.2010) - 1244 downloads

Total osbuilder downloads on xda: 24552+

ATTENTION!

SINCE VERSION 1.2.81 (06.12.2010) OSBuilder IS DEPENDENT OF .NET FRAMEWORK 4 (runtime version not lower than 4.0.30319). Get .NET framework 4 here

DOWNLOAD (latest public osbuilder version by barin): OSBuilderSetup1.4.236-FULL.zip

OSBUILDER LATEST CHANGELOGS ->POST 3 & POST 4

NEW XPH COMPRESSION METHOD FROM WP7 MANGO
    Since 1.2.153 we have possibility to use xph compression from wp7 mango (patched by ultrashot).
    only usable on armv7 devices!! don't use xph on older arm devices! it won't work.
    if you have a armv7 device and want to try xph->ultrashot's patched mango cecompr.dll thread

If someone wants to donate and help the project, take a look at the original thread on asusmobile.ru and the thread on mobileunderground.info

Many thanks to those, who helped to test osbuilder:
    Alexx~, AndrewSh, greench, Lost_Angel, Vladimir1973

Special thanks to yad for the important and necessary information on relocation.
    ENORMOUS thanks to alexx~ for many ideas and concepts, for THAT NOT VALUED! aid during the testing, and it is simple for the human support from the beginning also to the end of writing program.

osbuilder.png

Basic purpose of osbuilder
    -assembling flat dump from the packets
    -assembling IMGFS
    -assembling ROM-File (for supported devices)
    -extract/dump ROM-File (for supported devices)

OSBuilder can build NB0, NB and NBH files and for supported devices it can change rom version, date and/or some other data.
    Also many other functions are included (Manila other language exclusion for example), which can be useful during creation and assembling of dump and ROM.

Basic possibilities
    1. The group of packets (4 types of groups, the level of the nesting of groups is theoretically not limited, packets they are grouped by simple haul) and mapping packets and groups in the form of the tree
    2. Convenient contextual menu for the work with the packets.
    3. Selection of language for the piercing (co-existence of packets for the different languages)
    4. Possibility to introduce detailed description for the packets and the groups (with the selection of packet or group description it will be automatically mapped into specially [otvedennom] for this window)
    5. Import of configuration from the files of option.xml and their subsequent removal.
    6. Retention of the configuration on silence and of any quantity of the configurations
    7. Editing of dsm, rgu, initflashfiles, provxml of packet directly from the program
    8. Possibility of the connection of external editors for dsm, rgu, initflashfiles, provxml
    9. The survey of the folder of packet directly from the program (on silence conductor is used, but the connection of another file- manager is also possible)
    10. Editing of boot.rgu, packages.sof, packages.cif, defaultcerts.dat, oem.cer directly from the program.
    11. Survey and the editing of the order of assembling the list (it edits packages.sof)
    12. The preliminary survey of the list, which must come out after assembling with the indication as and how often changed each parameter, such as file of rgu made change and in what line of the file of rgu this parameter is contained.
    13. The preliminary survey of the file of initflashfiles.dat, which must come out after assembling.
    14. Removal of files from modules and imageinfo.txt
    15. Sufficiently flexible tuning of the parameters of assembling.
    16. Possibility of the call of external programs from the menu.
    17. Automatic forming or correction .VM and .ROM according to the data from the template or the file XIP
    18. Built-in mechanism of readdressing the modules (Reloc) of the received flat dump.
    19. Assembling the file of division IMGFS 20. Assembling file ROM - size of nb0 (payload)

program-window:
    Contextual menu of the packet Built-in editor OF DSM (title)
    the built-in editor OF DSM (modules and files)
    the built-in editor OF DSM (dependence) information about the module Menu of additional tools
    the editor of packages.sof (cif) Preliminary survey of list cleaning the modules Readdressing modules (Reloc) Tuning (parameters of assembling)

Program (assembling the files of payload NBH) is successfully tested with following HTC-devices:
    HTC blueAngel
    HTC touch 2 (Mega)
    HTC touch of 3450 & 3452 (Elf of & Elfin)
    HTC touch Of diamond
    HTC touch HD
    HTC touch diamond 2
    HTC max 4G HTC Of iolite
    HTC HD2
    HTC HD mini
    HTC kovsky (SE X1)
    HTC WhitestoneW

If you have precise information about the special features of a certain new device model (structure of divisions and FLASH of regions, the signs of the search for date and version into nk.exe, and also other special features, for example, necessary whether to prescribe somewhere into nk.exe the sizes of rom, region etc, then the support of this can be added into osbuilder.

As to gather the dump without the template i tried to make the process of editing and assembling far more convenient and more visual. the result is osbuilder.
    If you have ideas for improvements, write them down here and barin will take a look at them.

Tutorial Videos:
    01-DumpNBH.zip
    02-Grouping.zip

Manual:
    WWE Manual Download Link

Multibuild feature (use more than one sys build):
    http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=12348&p=42486#post42486

Porting XIP:
    http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=12348&p=38546#post38546
    http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=12348&p=38615#post38615
    http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=12348&p=38829#post38829

Setting Package Build Order:
    http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=12348&p=38558#post38558

Exclude/Include specific packages:
    http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=12348&p=38622#post38622

OEM creator for EXT to OEM Conversion (another tool by ultrashot coming soon):
    http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=12348&p=38919#post38919

Getting Started:
    http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=12348&p=38859#post38859

List of supporters (fullversion):
    Code:
    Alexx ~, AndrewSh, HD2Owner, 3D MASTER,
    ash172, bitje, Elesvil, erickwill, Feropont, fq3803, Gangsta-P,
    Pgreench, GUG, Hellonasty, indagroove, Kristof Petho, LiquidStorm,
    mishok_006, mondi, Mor-Da, MorzeCBP, mwalt2, NarkoZ,
    NightOWL, Petrovych, rewwps, Satan!, serfer222, SergeyLAR,
    tian tian, ultrashot, usv, Hacker, Zloy Pryanik, Vladimir1973

Other great tools by barin:
    OS Builder 7 (WP7 Kitchen)
    LEO Advanced ROM Update Utility
    Titan Advanced ROM Update Utility
    Mozart Advanced ROM Update Utility
    Blackstone Advanced ROM Update Utility
    Topaz Advanced ROM Update Utility
    Kovsky Advanced ROM Update Utility
    Whitestone Advanced ROM Update Utility
    HTC Splash Tool

My projects:
    HD2O ROM Series
    X1O ROM Series
    HTC HD2 stock ROM overview thread
    Latest Opera 9.70 thread
    HD2 WP7 donation fund for da_g
    HD2 haret/linux/android donation fund for devs (cotulla, dcordes, markinus, letama, netripper)
    HD2 6.5.3 global bold font fix (by ultrashot)
    HD2Owner's youtube channel
    OSBuilder V1.3.163 is ready
    OS Builder V1.2.140 is ready
    OSBuilder V1.2.153 with XPH support is ready.
    OSBuilder V1.2.133 is ready :)