Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 41,080 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(No Longer Available Been Contacted By Swype)

Tip us?

AproSamurai
Old
(Last edited by AproSamurai; 22nd August 2011 at 09:01 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1186
Default (No Longer Available Been Contacted By Swype)

Sorry guys, but I've been contacted by Swype and they've asked me to take it down, which I can wholeheartedly respect. They've said that they would release a beta version of it later this week to the registered testers. So I formally am going to take it down and request for the thread to be closed. I hope I was of some help.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AproSamurai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darkierawr
Old
Thanks Meter 910
Thweet.

Figure it will work on CM7?

AproSamurai
Old
Thanks Meter 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkierawr View Post
Thweet.

Figure it will work on CM7?
I'm not quite sure, you're open to try though if you're running it. I'd appreciate it.

JohnCorleone
Old
Thanks Meter 5761

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AproSamurai View Post
I'm not quite sure, you're open to try though if you're running it. I'd appreciate it.
I'll give it a shot but I have never changed permissions before. Let me see what's up with that real quick

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

masaidjet
Old
Thanks Meter 468
It works great, I never changed premissions before either but it was simple. Now I need a black&blue theme to go with my new swype

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

AproSamurai
Old
(Last edited by AproSamurai; 22nd August 2011 at 12:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCorleone View Post
I'll give it a shot but I have never changed permissions before. Let me see what's up with that real quick

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Okey doke just let me know if you need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaidjet View Post
It works great, I never changed premissions before either but it was simple. Now I need a black&blue theme to go with my new swype

I'm glad to hear that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devices Owned: Sprint Samsung Moment, Epic 4G, Galaxy S3, HTC One m8
[My GitHub] [My Twitter]

ugothakd
Old
Thanks Meter 405
Won't this not work if you have a rom with 8-lock (or ACS, or anything that changes th carrier pulldown)? And what's so special about Nexus S's swype?

AproSamurai
Old
(Last edited by AproSamurai; 22nd August 2011 at 12:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugothakd View Post
Won't this not work if you have a rom with 8-lock (or ACS, or anything that changes th carrier pulldown)? And what's so special about Nexus S's swype?
No? I'm running unnamed 1.4 and Sculpted v2 with custom carrier and not a problem at all. 2 hours for me so far.

It allows gestures to open Twitter Facebook Google Maps, as well as copy, paste, cut, select all. It's just unique.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[My GitHub] [My Twitter]
The Following User Says Thank You to AproSamurai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ugothakd
Old
Thanks Meter 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by AproSamurai View Post
No? I'm running unnamed 1.4 and Sculpted v2 with custom carrier and not a problem at all. 2 hours for me so far.

It allows gestures to open Twitter Facebook Google Maps, as well as copy, paste, cut, select all. It's just unique.
Alright...u said it was a carrier check not device and I think I remember some sprint apps not working if you changed the pulldown text. So it works? I'm gonna try it out

AproSamurai
Old
Thanks Meter 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugothakd View Post
Alright...u said it was a carrier check not device and I think I remember some sprint apps not working if you changed the pulldown text. So it works? I'm gonna try it out
Yeah as in the installer. It works for devices legitimately on sprint, but it could work on other carriers perhaps. I can't test it myself.

[My GitHub] [My Twitter]

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe