Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,893 Members 42,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][2.2+] Skype 4.7.0.43514 (v22b) / fixes, extra features & more!

Tip us?

barty22
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by theos0o View Post

edit: Ok coming within some minutes.
Good choice. At least a bit of fun and excitement tonight

theos0o
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6975

DONATE TO ME
Default v11 release

My builds REQUIRE Android 2.3.x!

Changes compared to v10:
~ Added "Enable portrait video-calling" option
~ Added "Prefer fullscreen incoming video" option

Basic features:
- Works with devices with no camera, incompatible CPU (no video-calling of course!)
- Works with devices with only one camera
- Works with devices with 2 cameras
- No autostart by default (you can select if you want Skype to start on boot // if skype keeps autostarting randomly, disable skype contacts' sync through Skype settings!)
- Exit button!
- Colorful status icons at notifications bar
- Bluetooth audio (while in-call tap options key and then "Toggle BT Audio". You need to have an active connection with a BT headset first, of course!)
- Camera flash support (just tap "Toggle Flash" under in-call options menu!)
- Portrait video-call support!
- Some other under-the-hood fixes (ringtone follows ringer rules, vibration follows sound profile rules, vibration works even on normal ringer mode, speaker toggle under in-call options menu)

Has a new settings screen, ADVANCED SETTINGS, where you can customize things!
Just press the options key on your device and then tap Advanced Settings.

To get video-calling, if it's not enabled by default, just check "Enable video calling" in Skype settings!!! If there's no such option in Skype settings, then use the "Force-enable video-calling" toggle in Advanced Settings

If you don't see some of the settings below, they're not supported on your camera/device.
(Unsupported focus/other modes may lead to black camera image, just pick another or revert to "Default"!)

Additional settings available:
- Force-enable video-calling, will force Skype enable video-calling function
- Force-enable both cameras, for Galaxy Tab P1000/other devices - needs testing
- Keep screen alive, will prevent screen from going off when in audio-calls
- Avoid setFPS, fix for some users with black image on their cameras
- Use valid preview surface, fix for some users with black image on their cameras (for example Droid 3 users)
- Use fixed camera IDs, for users that their phones detect both cameras as rear-facing or both as front-facing
- Enable portrait video-calling, will enable portrait mode in video-calls
- Prefer fullscreen incoming video, will not let Skype swap video feeds, so that incoming video stays fullscreen, unless you double tap the small video-window
- Flip incoming video-image, will flip (mirror) incoming video feed!
- Autostart on boot, will start Skype when your phone boots up
- Enable verbose logging, will force Skype log more information
- Herotab/Dropad FC fix, for users of this tablet, fixes FC when tapping video-call button

@ Camera settings
-- Camera resolution picker (Black camera image or zoomed image? Try "Force 320x240"!)
-- Focus Mode
-- Color Effect
-- Scene Mode
-- White Balance
-- Rotation (will rotate your camera image - thanks to droidrx)
-- Flip image you see
-- Flip both image you see and send

@ Audio settings
-- Ringtone picker, choose your own sound for incoming calls!
-- Notification sound picker, choose your own notification sound!
-- Disable vibration entirely
-- Disable sign-in/out vibration
-- Notification vibration pattern, customize vibration!
-- Disable sign-in/out sounds
-- Prefer Bluetooth Audio, will automatically try to enable BT audio when a call is answered
-- Force speaker off after skype calls, if your speaker stays enabled after skype calls
-- Use MODE_IN_CALL, for devices with audio problems (like ZTE Blade)

You need to uninstall skype app, then install my APK, unless you're already running one of my builds!
If you have force-closes or issues, try wiping skype app data using Titanium backup and reinstall.

Grab it: Skype_2.1.0.46_v11.rar (.rar) / MultiUpload (.apk)

Here's v11 source code, in case anyone's interested to take a look: v11_mod_source.rar

Feedback is welcome, along with logs!

Older builds (based on v2.1.0.46): v07 / v08 / v09 / v10
Older builds (based on v2.0.0.47): v01 / v02 / v03 / v04 / v05 / v06

You can thank me by pushing thanks or even better donate!
The Following 74 Users Say Thank You to theos0o For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

knightz01
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Hi & Thanks

Works well on both front & back camera's, one small observation only is while using portrait mode & the front camera the senders video does not take up all of the small white frame & is off to the right, landscape is perfect, not bothered about looking at me so no worries lol, the back camera is fine & does not show this behavour in portrait/landscape modes

Hope this helps in some way & a BIG Thanks again

HTC Sensation

jiminee
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Get a CRC error on the rar but the apk file is fine!

Great work, will be testing this evening hopefully...

Sent from my SK17i

theos0o
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6975

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightz01 View Post
Hi & Thanks

Works well on both front & back camera's, one small observation only is while using portrait mode & the front camera the senders video does not take up all of the small white frame & is off to the right, landscape is perfect, not bothered about looking at me so no worries lol, the back camera is fine & does not show this behavour in portrait/landscape modes

Hope this helps in some way & a BIG Thanks again

HTC Sensation
Yeah I know.
Won't bother with that.

Remember, it's not native portrait, it's hacked

barty22
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Thanks theos0o! For me this time just comments about the portrait feature;

- works pretty well, but the incoming video is zoomed quite a bit, there is image missing on all four sides...
- the preview window doesn't rotate or move to another place in portrait mode (didn't expect it to either), but also shows my own video upside down and mirrored (only in portrait mode). The outgoing video is the same as my preview window, so also wrong. Does this require new settings for the image rotation & flip settings for PORTRAIT MODE as well?
-of course the in-call menu (android options) is not changed to portrait.

just nitpicking thx a lot again dude!

theos0o
Old
(Last edited by theos0o; 22nd August 2011 at 08:27 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6975

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by barty22 View Post
- works pretty well, but the incoming video is zoomed quite a bit, there is image missing on all four sides...
Yeah, I did that on purpose.
I think it's better cutting off some of the image on the edges, rather than having huge black bars up & down and be using 10% of the screen

Quote:
- the preview window doesn't rotate or move to another place in portrait mode (didn't expect it to either), but also shows my own video upside down and mirrored (only in portrait mode). The outgoing video is the same as my preview window, so also wrong. Does this require new settings for the image rotation & flip settings for PORTRAIT MODE as well?
This must be the issue with your ROM/phone.
Did you try both front and rear cam?

Quote:
-of course the in-call menu (android options) is not changed to portrait.
Yep, details..

DuhDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Skype on Coby Kyros mid7022

Hey BIG thanks for the Skype apk development. I have downloaded and used v10 and it works. Sounds like you have addressed some issues I had i.e., portrait sending video, and small to large screen toggle.

The only other issue I have is that my sending video has blocks of faded color, shades of gray and light green. I have moved my color setting to Mono so now I am broadcasting in black and white. Its better, but full color would be awesome.

I am running 2.3.3 on a 7 inch Coby Kyros tablet.

Great Job theos0o!

DuhDroid
Old
(Last edited by DuhDroid; 22nd August 2011 at 11:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Is there a way to get outgoing/sending video color ? My camera has no issues with color snapshots or other video. Incoming video on Skype is in color though. I saw that one user in another forum had to uninstall your v10 before he could download the new version v11.

Do we all need to do this? I thought you previously said we could overlay the new version (v11 on top of v10) if we already ad your apk.

denisiel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi - I installed the standard Skype 2.1.0.46 a few weeks ago but during voice calls (not using video) it kept crashing and an uninstall and reinstall screen kept popping up after each crash. After weeks of reinstalling and clearing data and cache, I wiped that version of Skype with Titanium Backup and installed your version 11 with the apk. But now Skype crashes every few minutes even without being in a call or chat. I see your Advanced Settings Tab so I know it is version 11.

I have an AT&T Samsung Captivate on CyanogenMod and all other programs work fine. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks in advance!

Tags
call, mod, skype, theos0o, video