Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 45,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

new roms

Tip us?

msnyder
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Default new roms

Are there any ROM's available thru rom manager for the Infuse 4G

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24110

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by msnyder View Post
Are there any ROM's available thru rom manager for the Infuse 4G
No, and don't expect many to ever be there. ROM Manager's faulty CWM has caused so many problems that the recommended installation method for all ROMs here (and in fact currently the ONLY method) is a manual download followed by flashing with CWM, and it will likely stay that way. gtg465x is the only dev who made the mistake of putting his ROMs up on ROM Manager and it caused no end of stress and frustration for him due to all of the people who misflashed.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

msnyder
Old
(Last edited by msnyder; 24th August 2011 at 04:21 AM.) Reason: more info
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
I'm a long time iphoner jailbreaker. I have read and read. I have probably been on ths forum more in the last 2 months than any other member and I'll stand behind that comment. Can you post a thread that explains this in detail lol. I'm old. I had 1.53 then went to 2.03 but I couldn't make a call so I'm back stock rooted.

Entropy512
Old
Thanks Meter 24110

DONATE TO ME
Right now, if you look through the dev forum:

Three Froyo ROMs - Infused v1.x, Refuse, Bionix Infinity. All three are good solid high-quality ROMs. These all have HDMI support and solid data performance on AT&T.

One complete Gingerbread ROM - Infused v2.x - As you may be able to tell, since this is based on a Canadian firmware release it has... issues in terms of data performance on AT&T. It's been tough to find a good configuration that works in all AT&T areas - things that fix the situation for some users completely break others. I'm seriously beginning to think that until AT&T releases Gingerbread we should go with the original RIL and APN combo - they didn't achieve "awesome" performance for anyone but they also didn't achieve "broken" performance for anyone.

There is also the brand new Hellraiser package, which lets you flash i9000 ROMs. There are a few known issues (the first call you make or receive after installation has no audio but it works OK after that) but it's overall working fairly well.

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

msnyder
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Is there a thread that can explain this in detail.I'm back to 1.53 but don't feel comfortable with the procedure. I just want to learn. Not trying to be a noob.

Entropy512
Old
Thanks Meter 24110

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by msnyder View Post
Is there a thread that can explain this in detail.I'm back to 1.53 but don't feel comfortable with the procedure. I just want to learn. Not trying to be a noob.
Most ROMs have installation instructions. I suggest you read most of the first posts of ROM release threads, then read up on rooting techniques (SuperOneClick is the most common), then google ClockworkMod, then google Android ADB.

Code:
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Bumble-Bee> thats true