Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 54,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

best xperia play case

Tip us?

zero_1_2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default best xperia play case

Look at otterboxes new case for the xperia play. I can tell you its the best case for the phone.

gjpax
Old
Thanks Meter 1
do you have one ? if so does it make the phone feel a lot bigger

ozzmanj1
Old
Thanks Meter 1495
I had an otterbox case for both my droid 1 and D2G. Loved them both. Wouldnt buy anything else. On my OG, I had the ring break 4 times and each time I emailed Otterbox they sent me out a free overnight replacement at not cost to me. Super awesome customer service. Here is the link for the otterbox for Xperia Play

http://www.otterbox.com/sony-xperia-...efault,sc.html

gwaine
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Looks very similar to the Verizon one except the Verizon one has some design details (circles around the SE logo) and doesn't have the Otterbox logo. The Verizon one is substantially cheaper too.
Rooted, Boot-Unlocked r800x Xperia Play

subcu1ture
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgregoryj1 View Post
I had an otterbox case for both my droid 1 and D2G. Loved them both. Wouldnt buy anything else. On my OG, I had the ring break 4 times and each time I emailed Otterbox they sent me out a free overnight replacement at not cost to me. Super awesome customer service. Here is the link for the otterbox for Xperia Play

http://www.otterbox.com/sony-xperia-...efault,sc.html
So it broke twice and you are recommending them

Obviously costs them **** all if they are sending replacements like they know they are going to break.

Mozza2k11
Old
(Last edited by Mozza2k11; 15th August 2011 at 09:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 94
Im using the Trident Aegis Series for Sony Ericsson Xperia Play http://www.tridenteer.com/categories...n-Xperia-Play/.

Its a very good case i highly recommend it. Id say either the otterbox or the trident case would be a wise choice for a case.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mozza2k11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dyelon
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozza2k11 View Post
Im using the Trident Aegis Series for Sony Ericsson Xperia Play http://www.tridenteer.com/categories...n-Xperia-Play/.

Its a very good case i highly recommend it. Id say either the otterbox or the trident case would be a wise choice for a case.
Hey dude, what does your aegis case look like at this point? I had mine for 4 days and on the 5th day I look at it and theres an outline on the front and back of it in a brown/greenish hue color. I tried alcohol, vinegar, cleaning solution to get it of but it won't go. I'm starting to speculate it is the color rubbing off.

Any ideas to fix this? I think the material is polycarbonate.

Michaelolio
Old
(Last edited by Michaelolio; 24th August 2011 at 04:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I've got the Verizon black case (the one with the circles rippling out from the SE logo) and it's definitely a case that looks good on it. I think if you dropped it at just the wrong angle though you could still mess up the phone pretty bad. Again, small chance to hit the floor in that way and a great looking case that gives personality to the phone.

Mozza2k11
Old
(Last edited by Mozza2k11; 27th August 2011 at 08:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyelon View Post
Hey dude, what does your aegis case look like at this point? I had mine for 4 days and on the 5th day I look at it and theres an outline on the front and back of it in a brown/greenish hue color. I tried alcohol, vinegar, cleaning solution to get it of but it won't go. I'm starting to speculate it is the color rubbing off.

Any ideas to fix this? I think the material is polycarbonate.
I cannot see what you are describing. Mine looks like the day i got it. Apart from all the crap that sometimes sticks to the black polycarbonate parts but a simple wipe gets rid of most of it.

What colour is yours? Mines red, not sure if it matters. Tbh tho mines never in and out of my pocket (normally in my hand or in the car or on my desk e.t.c) so maybe i have this to look forward too? lol. Have you tried contacting trident and seeing if they have any advice?

I wouldnt have thought its the colour rubbing off since it should have been moulded in the colour of the case? Not coated? Not sure bud. Sorry i cannot offer any advice.

KoolMoeDee KMD
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok so im basically tossing up between the otter and trident case as they are the main branded ones.

Can someone using any of these cases let me know which one makes the phone thicker than the other or what one has advantages over the other.

Im gonna grab the one which makes the play less thick with it on.