[ROM] (8/24/11) Magnolia for Inc. 2 (Beta 1) *Matte Sense, AppFolders, More*

Search This thread

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Magnolia for Inc. 2, First Beta 8/21/11

Screenshots (I took these when I was in an area with no Verizon service, sorry...;))
screenshot.png
screenshot_1.png
screenshot_2.png
screenshot_3.png
screenshot_4.png
screenshot_5.png
screenshot_6.png
screenshot_8.png
screenshot_9.png
screenshot_10.png

Introducing Magnolia for the Incredible 2. This is a mostly Sense 2.1 Gingerbread ROM with a few 3.0 elements added. It has many customizations and features to make you phone visually appealing and convenient to use. I sincerely hope you enjoy the ROM!

Features
  • Based on the Official 3.02.605.1 OTA;
  • Uses jcase's OC kernel;
  • Added Sense 3.0 lockscreen, USB connection menu, and camera (thanks to newtoroot for his ROMs, whose ROMs I pulled apart to learn how to get these to work);
  • Matte sense skin ("Magnolia" in skin picker), most of the "shiny" elements of sense UI have been matted for a more refined look;
  • Modded Friendstream, News and Twitter widgets to replace the (imho) hideous stock ones;
  • All apps Rosie button opens Maxim's AppFolders, a truly customizable and usable app drawer replacement (stock app drawer version available at bottom of post. Just backup and flash the zip. It's nothing fancy now, but I will make it pretty & depaginated soon);
  • Extra settings enabled in Quick Settings menu;
  • Right button mapped to browser (more mappings to come);
  • 4-in-1 power menu;
  • Location and ADB statusbar icons hidden;
  • Percentage battery mod by chrisDDD;
  • Recent apps bar hidden and notifications pull down themed to fit Magnolia skin look;
  • Custom dialer
  • Speed and stability tweaks for smooth, snappy and stable performance;
  • Most apps commonly considered bloatware removed, with some handy apps added (e.g., Netflix, Google Voice, Astro, XDA, ROM Manager);
  • Removed HTC Car Panel and added Google CarHome;
  • Mor I am sure I forgot and much more to come...

Known Issues
  • The kernel defaults to 1.6 ghz, if you experience lockups, please use a CPU control app to turn the speed down. The next release will default to 1ghz.
  • Some elements still need to be themed.

Installation Instructions

ATTENTION: This ROM has been tested by me and others, but, like all custom ROMs, it mat have bugs or other issues I do not know about. Accordingly, you flash the ROM at your own risk, and I accept NO responsibility for any consequences that may arise for you, your phone or others as a result of flashing and/or using this ROM.

• MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP of your current ROM;
  • Download Magnolia here: http://bit.ly/ncZeck
  • Do a full wipe (factory data reset and format cache). If you do not perform a full wipe, you may experience bugs/issues, please do not post them;
  • Flash via ROM Manager or CWM Recovery;
  • Reboot and let it load up;
  • Go to menu-->personalize-->skins and select "Magnolia" skin and apply;
  • Enjoy!!!
  • While this ROM runs fine without a CPU manager, you need one to overclock. I use SetCPU at 1.267/245.
  • Leave feedback if you encounter bugs, things that can be improved.

Thanks & Credits
  • rmk for his stock ROM;
  • jcase for the kernel;
  • chrisDDD for the battery icons;
  • Maxim for his wonderful AppFolders program;
  • newtoroot for his ROMs, which I pulled apart to learn how to integrate the Sense 3.0 elements;
  • Adyenalyn for his ROM, which I pulled apart to figure out how to setup the extra Quick Settings;
  • If I forgot anyone, it was unintentional, and a PM will see the situation remedied...

Hope you enjoy the ROM!

Steve

Attachments

• StockAppDrawer.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 200
Last edited:

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
D@## dropbox. Will fix.

EDIT - I am visiting my parents' house, and their internet it painfully slow. It should sync up to my DB account soon. I will let you all know.

Steve

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

DjGeraldo

Oct 21, 2010
Well crap. I was about to leave miui behind for this lol. Cant wait to download it and give it a try. Looks awesome.

dj_wires

Jun 2, 2011
Seattle
Nice, links working now, just downloaded and i am flashing as we speak.

I will report what i find, if not already reported first!

dj_wires

Jun 2, 2011
Seattle
I am so scared to flash.... but but.... but.... damnit. Gonna wait to see if peeps here have an okay time with it.

DO IT!!! This is pretty sweet, i have only been running through the basic options and havent had any FC's yet.....

Everything synced up instantly...nice mesh of both worlds.

i will edit this if i find any issues.

EDIT- So i am going to stick with this rom for a bit...see if i can find anything but for now...
Email-Works
Camera- Front and back works
WiFi- cant test at work
Settings- All work

Runs a little high on the RAM in comparison to some others out there.

has Some pretty sweet little mods here and there, overall i am really loving this, i am going to save this and throw it in the Rom Rotation!!

Great job

Last edited:
Reactions: Kinz1980

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
DO IT!!! This is pretty sweet, i have only been running through the basic options and havent had any FC's yet.....

EDIT- So i am going to stick with this rom for a bit...see if i can find anything but for now...
Email-Works
WiFi- cant test at work
Settings- All work

has Some pretty sweet little mods here and there, overall i am really loving this, i am going to save this and throw it in the Rom Rotation!!

Great job

mms working?

Reactions: Kinz1980

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Magnolia for Inc. 2, First Beta 8/21/11

Screenshots (I took these when I was in an area with no Verizon service, sorry...;))
    screenshot.png
    screenshot_1.png
    screenshot_2.png
    screenshot_3.png
    screenshot_4.png
    screenshot_5.png
    screenshot_6.png
    screenshot_8.png
    screenshot_9.png
    screenshot_10.png

Introducing Magnolia for the Incredible 2. This is a mostly Sense 2.1 Gingerbread ROM with a few 3.0 elements added. It has many customizations and features to make you phone visually appealing and convenient to use. I sincerely hope you enjoy the ROM!

Features
    • Based on the Official 3.02.605.1 OTA;
    • Uses jcase's OC kernel;
    • Added Sense 3.0 lockscreen, USB connection menu, and camera (thanks to newtoroot for his ROMs, whose ROMs I pulled apart to learn how to get these to work);
    • Matte sense skin ("Magnolia" in skin picker), most of the "shiny" elements of sense UI have been matted for a more refined look;
    • Modded Friendstream, News and Twitter widgets to replace the (imho) hideous stock ones;
    • All apps Rosie button opens Maxim's AppFolders, a truly customizable and usable app drawer replacement (stock app drawer version available at bottom of post. Just backup and flash the zip. It's nothing fancy now, but I will make it pretty & depaginated soon);
    • Extra settings enabled in Quick Settings menu;
    • Right button mapped to browser (more mappings to come);
    • 4-in-1 power menu;
    • Location and ADB statusbar icons hidden;
    • Percentage battery mod by chrisDDD;
    • Recent apps bar hidden and notifications pull down themed to fit Magnolia skin look;
    • Custom dialer
    • Speed and stability tweaks for smooth, snappy and stable performance;
    • Most apps commonly considered bloatware removed, with some handy apps added (e.g., Netflix, Google Voice, Astro, XDA, ROM Manager);
    • Removed HTC Car Panel and added Google CarHome;
    • Mor I am sure I forgot and much more to come...

Known Issues
    • The kernel defaults to 1.6 ghz, if you experience lockups, please use a CPU control app to turn the speed down. The next release will default to 1ghz.
    • Some elements still need to be themed.

Installation Instructions

ATTENTION: This ROM has been tested by me and others, but, like all custom ROMs, it mat have bugs or other issues I do not know about. Accordingly, you flash the ROM at your own risk, and I accept NO responsibility for any consequences that may arise for you, your phone or others as a result of flashing and/or using this ROM.

• MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP of your current ROM;
    • Download Magnolia here: http://bit.ly/ncZeck
    • Do a full wipe (factory data reset and format cache). If you do not perform a full wipe, you may experience bugs/issues, please do not post them;
    • Flash via ROM Manager or CWM Recovery;
    • Reboot and let it load up;
    • Go to menu-->personalize-->skins and select "Magnolia" skin and apply;
    • Enjoy!!!
    • While this ROM runs fine without a CPU manager, you need one to overclock. I use SetCPU at 1.267/245.
    • Leave feedback if you encounter bugs, things that can be improved.

Thanks & Credits
    • rmk for his stock ROM;
    • jcase for the kernel;
    • chrisDDD for the battery icons;
    • Maxim for his wonderful AppFolders program;
    • newtoroot for his ROMs, which I pulled apart to learn how to integrate the Sense 3.0 elements;
    • Adyenalyn for his ROM, which I pulled apart to figure out how to setup the extra Quick Settings;
    • If I forgot anyone, it was unintentional, and a PM will see the situation remedied...

Hope you enjoy the ROM!

Steve
    Steve, so far so good since early Friday afternoon. Rock solid stable for me so far. Haven't even had to run Fix Permissions yet. :D

Keeping my eyes out for other kernal / smartass options....

Glad to hear it. I am working to get my Inc. 1 ROM out, then I think I'll release RC1 of this with the few bugs I have heard of plus 1.6ghz default fixed. Then I'll move on to extras, mods, themes, etc.

Steve
    Yeah yeah yeah...

What does that mean? D@##?

Every time I post a ROM with Drop Box, the f-ing thing is screwed up. Anyway, it's back now.

We can't actually swear on XDA anymore, can we? Used to be able to...
    I am so scared to flash.... but but.... but.... damnit. Gonna wait to see if peeps here have an okay time with it.

Email-Works
    WiFi- cant test at work
    Settings- All work

Great job

Email-Works
    WiFi- cant test at work
    Settings- All work

Great job

mms working?