Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 52,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP]dGB v01_28_2012| 2.3.5| 375MB /data| 60MB /system |Mult-lang [28 Jan]

Tip us?

rootSU
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9725
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikesy View Post
the original wasn't a custom HBOOT, it was a custom MTD.

To revert - download recovery from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1039954

Then - boot into recovery and format data\cache\system then fastboot flash the recovery you downloaded from the above link. Go back to recovery and again format the data, cache & system.

Then fastboot flash the custom HBOOT image from the V1.1 of this ROM - once done go back into recovery and flash the ROM
Exactly right

You lose 2 MB with the HBoot, but it makes life a lot simpler. I've used custom MTD's for as long as I can remember but I couldn't release a Hboot without testing.... Now I don't see the point going back to custom MTD.

Just ensure the MD5 matches.
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

raikesy
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Just realised I am unable to record video. I've tried it at different quality levels and it just freezes (the counter starts) I then have to stop the recording and exit the app - nothing is saved.

I was trying the ManU 1.4 kernel at the time so though it was that, tried it with ManU 2.0 and still the same so I just done a full wipe and fresh install and I'm getting the same result.

Can anyone else test this please? Is this a ROM issue or just my device?
The Following User Says Thank You to raikesy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9725
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikesy View Post
Just realised I am unable to record video. I've tried it at different quality levels and it just freezes (the counter starts) I then have to stop the recording and exit the app - nothing is saved.

I was trying the ManU 1.4 kernel at the time so though it was that, tried it with ManU 2.0 and still the same so I just done a full wipe and fresh install and I'm getting the same result.

Can anyone else test this please? Is this a ROM issue or just my device?
Damnit, confirmed.
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raikesy
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Damnit, confirmed.
Have faith in you Gutted though as I love this ROM but my son has JUST started walking - need a ROM that can record!

rootSU
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9725
Just thought I could have a day off

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

m4rtynn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Exactly right

You lose 2 MB with the HBoot, but it makes life a lot simpler. I've used custom MTD's for as long as I can remember but I couldn't release a Hboot without testing.... Now I don't see the point going back to custom MTD.

Just ensure the MD5 matches.
Never used fastboot (not that I'm adverse to trying) but can I use android flasher to flash the recovery?

theyau
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I like ur picture of wilfred

rootSU
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9725
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rtynn View Post
Never used fastboot (not that I'm adverse to trying) but can I use android flasher to flash the recovery?
Yes, its just a fastboot GUI

mad_tom
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Video recording does not work also at my device.

Navigation works now, thx.
Maybe there is another problem, gmail push service does not work. Am i right? Or is it just me? I have to sync manually
The Following User Says Thank You to mad_tom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9725
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_tom View Post
Video recording does not work also at my device.

Navigation works now, thx.
Maybe there is another problem, gmail push service does not work. Am i right? Or is it just me? I have to sync manually
Gmail definitely works for me on that one. Try clear data in manage applications?

Tags
aosp, battery, fast, light, smallest
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe