Thread Closed

[ROM][AOSP]dGB v01_28_2012| 2.3.5| 375MB /data| 60MB /system |Mult-lang [28 Jan]

24th August 2011, 03:10 PM   |  #101  
rootSU's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 11,683
 
22,646 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikesy

the original wasn't a custom HBOOT, it was a custom MTD.

To revert - download recovery from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1039954

Then - boot into recovery and format data\cache\system then fastboot flash the recovery you downloaded from the above link. Go back to recovery and again format the data, cache & system.

Then fastboot flash the custom HBOOT image from the V1.1 of this ROM - once done go back into recovery and flash the ROM

Exactly right

You lose 2 MB with the HBoot, but it makes life a lot simpler. I've used custom MTD's for as long as I can remember but I couldn't release a Hboot without testing.... Now I don't see the point going back to custom MTD.

Just ensure the MD5 matches.
24th August 2011, 03:39 PM   |  #102  
raikesy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 200
 
710 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Just realised I am unable to record video. I've tried it at different quality levels and it just freezes (the counter starts) I then have to stop the recording and exit the app - nothing is saved.

I was trying the ManU 1.4 kernel at the time so though it was that, tried it with ManU 2.0 and still the same so I just done a full wipe and fresh install and I'm getting the same result.

Can anyone else test this please? Is this a ROM issue or just my device?
The Following User Says Thank You to raikesy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2011, 03:43 PM   |  #103  
rootSU's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 11,683
 
22,646 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikesy

Just realised I am unable to record video. I've tried it at different quality levels and it just freezes (the counter starts) I then have to stop the recording and exit the app - nothing is saved.

I was trying the ManU 1.4 kernel at the time so though it was that, tried it with ManU 2.0 and still the same so I just done a full wipe and fresh install and I'm getting the same result.

Can anyone else test this please? Is this a ROM issue or just my device?

Damnit, confirmed.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2011, 03:47 PM   |  #104  
raikesy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 200
 
710 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Damnit, confirmed.

Have faith in you Gutted though as I love this ROM but my son has JUST started walking - need a ROM that can record!
24th August 2011, 04:09 PM   |  #105  
rootSU's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 11,683
 
22,646 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Just thought I could have a day off

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
24th August 2011, 04:31 PM   |  #106  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Exactly right

You lose 2 MB with the HBoot, but it makes life a lot simpler. I've used custom MTD's for as long as I can remember but I couldn't release a Hboot without testing.... Now I don't see the point going back to custom MTD.

Just ensure the MD5 matches.

Never used fastboot (not that I'm adverse to trying) but can I use android flasher to flash the recovery?
24th August 2011, 04:34 PM   |  #107  
Senior Member
Flag watford
Thanks Meter: 19
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
I like ur picture of wilfred

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
24th August 2011, 04:39 PM   |  #108  
rootSU's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 11,683
 
22,646 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rtynn

Never used fastboot (not that I'm adverse to trying) but can I use android flasher to flash the recovery?

Yes, its just a fastboot GUI


Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
24th August 2011, 06:16 PM   |  #109  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Video recording does not work also at my device.

Navigation works now, thx.
Maybe there is another problem, gmail push service does not work. Am i right? Or is it just me? I have to sync manually
The Following User Says Thank You to mad_tom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2011, 06:22 PM   |  #110  
rootSU's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 11,683
 
22,646 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_tom

Video recording does not work also at my device.

Navigation works now, thx.
Maybe there is another problem, gmail push service does not work. Am i right? Or is it just me? I have to sync manually

Gmail definitely works for me on that one. Try clear data in manage applications?

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, battery, fast, light, smallest
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Desire Android Development by ThreadRank