Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 46,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Downgrade G2 (2.3.X) & DZ (2.3.X) & mT4g (2.3.4) & DHD w/ S-ON to Stock Froyo

Tip us?

$pitacular1
Old
Thanks Meter 7
The only way that could be happening is if you skipped the initial steps and just downloaded froyo, put it in the root of your SD card and tried to do the update (downgrade) without taking the initial steps necessary to fool the system into thinking you're on an older version, or you performed those steps but did not pay attention to the results and failed.

The OP included the responses you should see to indicate success on those steps, so there should be no reason to assume they worked and try to perform the downgrade.

My guess is you never tried them and just attempted the final step, hence it failed. If you need help I'll be glad to do what I can.
myTouch 4G - Black
Rooted w/ s-off
Glacier Gingerbread (2.3.4) MySense 2.1
ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.0

Setherio
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualflyer View Post
Hi, I've put your guide into a complete downgrading and rooting guide on an Italian forum. I'm gonna link this thread and mention it's all your work. If you don't want me to post it there in Italian, let me know.
I don't mind, but could you give me the link so I could make a section of "Translations of this Guide"?
The Following User Says Thank You to Setherio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Setherio
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by $pitacular1 View Post
Figured it out. This should solve the problem for anyone who faces the "permission denied" problem

When the OP said to "Download the attached files, unzip them, and place them in your platform-tools directory" he should have made it clear that it's the files INSIDE of the unzipped folders that you want.

I would unzip them on your desktop or downloads folder, then drag the FILES named "fre3vo" and "misc_version" to your platform-tools directory (do NOT drag the entire FOLDERS).

Problem is, once you push the folders instead of the files into /data/local/tmp, NOTHING will work until you delete those folders and re-push the files.

So if you made the same mistake I did and pushed the entire folders for either one of those files, make sure you wipe the /data/local/tmp folder completely by deleting all folders and files, then re-push the single files, not the folders.

After that, it will work just fine.

Hope I helped someone.
Thanks for pointing that out, I updated the guide, hopefully now it's elaborate and understood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setherio View Post
Download the attached files, unzip them, and place the files in your platform-tools folder. To elaborate, place the fre3vo file inside of the fre3vo.zip file and the misc_version file inside the misc_version_01.zip file in your platform-tools directory.).

virtualflyer
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setherio View Post
I don't mind, but could you give me the link so I could make a section of "Translations of this Guide"?
It's here http://www.androidworld.it/forum/mod...79/#post236867 It's a complete DZ rooting guide, so it's not only this guide, but there is it too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to virtualflyer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androidlove91
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i think a video should made showing this...
anything for MAC?

Setherio
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 324
Quote:
i think a video should made showing this...
anything for MAC?
Mac as in OS X? Everything mentioned in the guide can be used on os x, Linux, and windows.

As for a video, that's crossed my mind a few times, but I just don't have the time up do it.
~Setherio
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
Daily ROM: ILWT CM7 634 w/ PDroid Patch
Kernel: 2.6.35.14-ILWT-v1.8.1+
Radio: 12.62.60.27U_26.13.04.19_M
Recovery: 4EXT Recovery Touch 1.0.0.5 RC 9
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
Works:
[GUIDE] Downgrade G2 (2.3.X) & DZ (2.3.X) & mT4g (2.3.4) & DHD w/ S-ON to Stock Froyo

AwesomeTurtle
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Allrighty. I have no computer of any sort at the moment, so adb is out of the question. 'cat /dev/msm_rotator' through terminal emulator gives me the good ol' permission denied, so my question is: Is adb the difference maker here?

VoiD_Dweller
Old
Thanks Meter 869

DONATE TO ME
Worked great for my MT4G replacement phone this morning, took a while but it was seamless, thanks for the guide! +1 I'm currently restoring my VU 1.31 backup!

Setherio
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeTurtle View Post
Allrighty. I have no computer of any sort at the moment, so adb is out of the question. 'cat /dev/msm_rotator' through terminal emulator gives me the good ol' permission denied, so my question is: Is adb the difference maker here?
Yeah... too bad too because I just think I found a way to install rom without the use of a sdcard.

Code:
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs                   185.3M     32.0K    185.3M   0% /dev
/dev/block/mmcblk0p27
                        198.3M     45.3M    142.8M  24% /cache
/dev/block/mmcblk0p26
                          1.3G    736.1M    506.5M  59% /data
/dev/block/mmcblk0p25
                        409.2M    138.9M    270.3M  34% /system
/dev/block/mmcblk0p27
                        198.3M     45.3M    142.8M  24% /sdcard
/data/local #
Then again, I wouldn't be sure how to mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p27 (/cache) to /sdcard without being back to use adb...

So in short, I don't think there is a way...

Tags
downgrade fastboot