Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,416 Members 39,004 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG P509-T completely return to stock?

Tip us?

N00b-un-2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default LG P509-T completely return to stock?

Is there any way to get ahold of the KDZ stock firmware for the American LG -P509 T-Mobile version? Personally I don't care about whether my phone claims it's a European P500 or an American P509, but should I ever need to return the phone to T-Mobile they might have an issue with it...
I used a tool I found in another thread that is supposed to use your phone's model and serial number to download the proper firmware, but once again it identified my phone as a P500 and downloaded a European firmware. The thing is, I'm considering trading my phones in for something with a hard keyboard (Probably the HTC G2) and I obviously can't turn the phones back in to T-Mobile with custom firmwares and recoveries on them.
I do still have nandroid backups of the original firmware from before my first flash about 6 months ago. If I were to nandroid flash back to stock, is it possible to remove the Recovery and then unroot the phone? I'm sure this has been covered adnauseum elsewhere, but I haven't found anything specific to the LG P509-T.
The Following User Says Thank You to N00b-un-2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lawful123
Old
Thanks Meter 49
I think you can use google to find/download 10l firmware. If not when I get home I will post a download for the us p509 firmware.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lawful123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

N00b-un-2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Thanks, you're awesome. I've been tearing up the internet trying to find the firmware I need, but so far no luck. I suppose I could have flashed back to stock and got the build name and used that as a starting point for my search.

jraviles
Old
Thanks Meter 14
still looking

Turducken
Old
(Last edited by Turducken; 30th August 2011 at 02:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 160
Here's a link to v10s. It's the most recent 2.2.2

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata...00/V10S_00.kdz

Follow this guide to flash it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&highlight=kdz

This will bring you back to Tmos stock recovery, baseband, firmware, etc. Good as new.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Turducken For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dislplin01
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turducken View Post
Here's a link to v10s. It's the most recent 2.2.2

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata...00/V10S_00.kdz

Follow this guide to flash it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&highlight=kdz

This will bring you back to Tmos stock recovery, baseband, firmware, etc. Good as new.
Let me know if this works

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA Premium App running CM7 over clocked at 806
Device: Nexus 5
ROM: Paronoidroid 4.3
Kernel: Franco Kernel nightly
Tablet: Nexus 7
Retired: LGp500, HTC Sensation, Moto Xoom, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4
PS if i help you press the thank you button it makes me feel all warm inside
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dislplin01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Turducken
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by dislplin01 View Post
Let me know if this works
It works, that's why I posted it. I've tried more roms and basebands more times than I care to admit.
I've defected to Apple
Sent from my iPhone

bobjohnson1221
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Any way to get ROM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful123 View Post
I think you can use google to find/download 10l firmware. If not when I get home I will post a download for the us p509 firmware.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App
Hi Lawful123, it seems the links that exist everywhere on this forum for v10L US P509 firmware have been changed by LG. Any help you could give on getting me the firmware would be a huge, huge help. I've spent a couple of days searching with my p509 holding down paper in the meantime.

Turducken
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjohnson1221 View Post
Hi Lawful123, it seems the links that exist everywhere on this forum for v10L US P509 firmware have been changed by LG. Any help you could give on getting me the firmware would be a huge, huge help. I've spent a couple of days searching with my p509 holding down paper in the meantime.
Is there any reason why v10S won't work? It's the latest 2.2.2 release from US T-Mobile for the P509.

If you're bricked the links I provided above will get you going.
The Following User Says Thank You to Turducken For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bobjohnson1221
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks Turducken. It works perfectly. I really appreciate your help.