Old
Thanks Meter 5
i think i will stay on original 2.2.2

Televinken
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Confirmed working fine. Can't notice any big differences
to the 351 version. But the nagging oovooo crap isn't
autostarting anymore, as someone else mentioned.
Anyway, hats off to the great Manii, for this find!
Stock Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7100 (rooted)

fards
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 664

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Televinken View Post
Anyway, hats off to the great Manii, for this find!
:COUGH :COUGH

its amazing what you can find with a bit of googling
Quote:
That phones too big!
why?
have you never held anything bigger than 4" in your hand?

Racing and building Human Powered Vehicles.
The Following User Says Thank You to fards For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Strephon Alkhalikoi
Old
(Last edited by Strephon Alkhalikoi; 30th August 2011 at 12:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm001 View Post
I have installed the 360th. Looks absolutely similar to 351 (including all applications and languages; it`s not a chinese version).
- the Quadrant score is 775
- OOVOO doesn`t start automatically
- GingerBreak 1.2 installed, but no SuperUser and no root !!!
- SuperOne Click also doesn`t help with root

(reminder) before returning to 351, it`s necessary to downgrade the recovery version.
I root in the time honored tradition of yore:

0. Install Dell drivers for PC.
1. Install Streakmod Recovery (for ease of use, Multirecovery Flasher works wonders here).
2. Update from zip and select Superuser.zip.

I've oversimplified this. Manii has a how-to in the development forum, and Radimus' Guide to Rooting the Streak is a must. But, this route should work without fail, whereas the one-click root methods don't always work.

Now...I have to debate whether I want to go the route of upgrading to this ROM and having to install everything again or sticking with 351.
Noob FAQ
Q: Can someone suggest a link I can follow that will walk me through the root process for this phone?
A: Simple answer is no. Do your homework. No spoonfeeding here. Check the stickies and the search engine. You'll find it soon enough.

My Stuff: Stargate Boot Animation | ICS-style Theme for DSC | MultiFlasher | Traveller DSC ROM

TheManii
Old
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1436

DONATE TO ME
If you're on a 351 stock, you can likely click the pkg link with the built in browser and it'll ask you to update in place. This only works though if the rom can normally update to it (ie regions match correctly)

Basically that means updating without touching/wiping your data.

At least I think this works, I've heard it a few times but I never bothered trying as I have no reason to as I always wipe data when installing a new rom (for testing/hacking)
The Following User Says Thank You to TheManii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Strephon Alkhalikoi
Old
(Last edited by Strephon Alkhalikoi; 30th August 2011 at 04:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 391
There should be no difficulty regarding the region, as this Streak had 347 on it when I received it.

I've never heard of using the browser to begin the update before, which is why I thought I was going to have to reinstall everything.
Noob FAQ
Q: Can someone suggest a link I can follow that will walk me through the root process for this phone?
A: Simple answer is no. Do your homework. No spoonfeeding here. Check the stickies and the search engine. You'll find it soon enough.

My Stuff: Stargate Boot Animation | ICS-style Theme for DSC | MultiFlasher | Traveller DSC ROM

TheManii
Old
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1436

DONATE TO ME
I believe that the package installer utility included in stock roms is what does it. It marks itself as able to run pkgs files and will prompt you if you try to run an update pkg. (same way gallery can run jpgs/pngs/etc)

Clicking the download link is the simplest way of running a pkg, you could also try using a file explorer and selecting the pkg

Assuming this works, you of course need the correct stock recovery installed, basically any 00 region one in the case of 360

Televinken
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by fards View Post
:COUGH :COUGH

its amazing what you can find with a bit of googling

Some of us have other things to attend to, than Googling ourselves through the day.

Anyway....a small bow in your direction too then....is that ok with Master Farts?
Stock Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7100 (rooted)

donalgodon
Old
Thanks Meter 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManii View Post
I believe that the package installer utility included in stock roms is what does it. It marks itself as able to run pkgs files and will prompt you if you try to run an update pkg. (same way gallery can run jpgs/pngs/etc)

Clicking the download link is the simplest way of running a pkg, you could also try using a file explorer and selecting the pkg

Assuming this works, you of course need the correct stock recovery installed, basically any 00 region one in the case of 360
Has anyone tried this method to update over 351?

I'm interested to see if this would be a painless update over the previous retail ROM.
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900)
ROM: [KitKat][4.4.2]Stock N900UBUDNB2 FEB 14, 2014 CF-Auto-Root
RADIO: N900UBUDNA1
KERNEL: Stock
RECOVERY: CWM 6.0.4.7
WARRANTY BIT: 1

Quote:
“He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him.” Proverbs 18:13

Strephon Alkhalikoi
Old
Thanks Meter 391
I tried it. The download from the link Manii put up in this thread returned an error of "Download unsuccessful: Cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone." I believe the fact I am rooted is playing a huge part in this since I know I can update the ROM using the stock recovery.

If there are no major changes between 351 and 360, I'll stay with 351. I strip out most of the bloatware and Stage UI anyway.
Noob FAQ