5,596,637 Members 43,972 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Quick disassembly and potential touch unresponsive fix thread.

Tip us?

JoTeC
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlCKB0Y View Post
I've got a crazy idea....how about not getting ****faced and dropping you xoom multiple times?!
I he was just being funny. I laughed.

TheShoura
Old
(Last edited by TheShoura; 1st September 2011 at 04:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
So I got the cover off, got some foam in there

but I can't get the cover all the way on... its hairline just about to close up but Im afraid to use pressure

too much foam?

quick edit:
It was a slot on the bottom i kept hitting, i got it back on!

Will update with results tomorrow

edit2: most definitely still having the same problem after adding some foam to press down on that touch panel controller. Took me like 10 tries just to unlock the damn thing

WTF MOTOROLA !...anyone have any other suggestions? this is really pissing me off now.

edit3; so I took a deep breath and decided to investigate more... I have it open again, and holding down the actual connector seems to be improving the situation GREATLY. Im going to shift the foam from the controller to the connector and close it back up, and try again
Galaxy Nexus GSM | T-Mobile USA
Nexus 10 16GB
------------------------
Always remember to be kind to those who provide! Volunteering is much more rewarding when people are kind and thankful!

piratashitzu
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Great thread. An idea of paint the back cover (white spray) are growing in my mind.

GodRaa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello,

I just wanted to share my solution for the unresponsive screen issue with the Motorola Xoom device:

reddit.com/r/xoom/comments/sytk0

I hope this helps anyone having a similar issue. Thank you.

dopeamine
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Man i must say ur a brave heart...i cant even think of letting mine fall...seems kinda fragile....plus all the drop test videos screw around with your head

Sent from my MZ601 using XDA

mox123
Old
Thanks Meter 174
thanks for this tip, i know how to dissasemble my xoom now! lol

gorcutt
Old
(Last edited by gorcutt; 25th November 2012 at 12:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Nice post. I'm having exactly the same problem and it's very easy to see reports for this same issue all around. Crappy Moto! This is the first "how to" post on this issue. Thanks a lot. I'll give it a try. put

EDIT: Following your "how to", I did exactly the same you did. The touch controller was a bit loose so I tight it with a small piece of foam. The hard part was putting the case back in place with the foam inside, but with a bit of patience I could eventually close the whole thing and now it's working again. Will see until when. Probably this device is one within many that fits in the planned obsolescence industry standard. FKU Mr. Bernard London.

EDIT 2: I actually have a big compulsion on acquiring new geeky stuff, but I hate to spend money because this is the industry standard. I hate to buy crap, and if I want to, I'll buy chinese stuff from Deal Extreme. Paying hundreds of dollars in goods from a well established and named company should be a warrant, at least, that it was built to last!

EDIT 3: I'l be moving soon to a Sammy Note 10.1. Hopefully not based on the planned obsolescence of the Xoom, but because I want it to!

EDIT 4: My XOOM "caput" for good. As I said before, I'm on Sammy note 10.1 and the XOOM will eventually go to repair.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

gorcutt
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default Re: Quick disassembly and potential touch unresponsive fix thread.

Got my Xoom back, and it's great. Even after rooting, re flashing, opening, messing around, it was fixed for free, under warranty. It seems Motorola knows they have a case of premature obsolescence in this case.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk HD

Tags
disassembly, poor design, touch controller, touch unresponsive, xoom