EVO 3d prl update

Search This thread

norm12

Aug 17, 2010
I would think prls and roms wouldn't matter or have an effect on each other-----except for signal bars (which are meaningless) roms don't/can't change your signal

Sent by Logo the turtle

shiftr182

Oct 5, 2010
Boise
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I had the best signal with 21078. That is my personal opinion. With 21078 I at least had 3g at my house. I have tried everything since then and I am roaming. I got a free airrave from sprint today because of my roaming issues.

Sim-X

Nov 2, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
I recently hard reset my phone and after the reset I did a PRL update. Grrrrr I was wondering why my speeds took a dump so bad. You can check for sure if your stuck on 1xRTT just hit ##33284# and go to data status. My evdo is definitely not connected. I think I'm just gonna wait till sprint pushes an update out hopefully very soon this is a pretty big mess up. My phone runs so nice after the hard reset, I'm still on stock haven't really had the desire to root yet. I'm on wi-fi at home & at work anyway. I always thought the PRL was just your roaming list and didn't have anything to do with the Sprint towers, guess I was wrong.

lafester

Feb 11, 2007
I'm surprised sprint is still pushing out this pos.
I updated yesterday and there it was in all its 1x glory.

luckily i keep a few of my favorite prls on my sd card.

Sim-X

Nov 2, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
I'm surprised sprint is still pushing out this pos.
I updated yesterday and there it was in all its 1x glory.

luckily i keep a few of my favorite prls on my sd card.
Holiday weekend, I'm sure the people in charge are off which leaves the clueless CSR's to run the show. Still how does this even get pushed out in the first place?

androidRIOT

Dec 26, 2010
21081 has been the best PRL for me. I'm getting amazing speeds and full signal bars. Downloads at 250kb/s whereas before I was lucky if I hit 50kb/s. Extremely happy with this PRL!

Sent from my Evo 3D using XDA App

lchupacabras

Aug 21, 2009
I may just do as someone else mentioned and get mine 3VO swapped out at my local Sprint spot due to this "defect" ;) Then again most of the people at the store are pretty knowlegeable about this type of things... then again they're all pretty chill w/ me and would probably just do the swap out (light leakage + not flush battery backing) anyway... will call them on Tuesday and see what's up :D

Tyzing

Jun 8, 2010
I like so many others upgraded my PRL and now I have ONLY 1X here's how my night went.

-Spent an hour on the phone with a very nice Sprint rep going through everything you could imagine. I asked her a few questions like "am I showing green or orange on your system" and she said "wow! how do you even know about this??" She knew that I have already been troubleshooting myself so we started to do a few more advanced things beyond things I might have tried....Then I get disconnected. Since I have GV integrated I miss a lot of calls so I missed the 2 times she tried to call back. Phone still on 1X.

I call back and simply say

Me: "I have been on the phone for an hour and we've gone through all the troubleshooting processes you can imagine and I'm still getting 1X displayed"

Rep: What is 1x? So you are roaming? Do you not see the 3G?

Me: You can have 1x and not roam you know....it's a matter of data speeds

Rep: I'm going to need you to start from the beginning trouble shooting, take the phone out of the back

Me: I've done all of this, please look at the notes on my account and you'll see all of our steps we took

Rep: Our systems are down so I cant

Me: Ok, if I could get my MSL that would be great because I'm going to downgrade my PRL and do it myself (yeh I know guys I misplaced it from the first call so I needed it again)

Rep: "That's on the back of your phone"

Me: "Umm, that's the MEID, I need the 6 digit code"

Rep: "What do you want it for? Are you going to sell it?"

Me: Are you serious right now? What would I even sell??? The code? The phone? This phone isnt worth $5 bucks right now only getting 1x speeds. Please let me speak to your supervisor

Rep: We're closed now and I'm the only person left.

Me: I'll call in the AM thanks

I was so furious b/c I cant even get on the freaking internet all day long and then this guy accuses me of wanting to sell the MSL code.....WTF does that even mean??? Sell a MSL code???? Really???? How does this guy even work for Sprint and not know what 1x is and not to mention be ignorant enough to think you can sell MSL codes like they are freaking gold or something.

I suggested that they do some googling to realize that this PRL is effecting quite a few people and they need a gameplan to help these people and not make accusations especially when they're wanting information to fix the problem that Sprint created.

youngpro83

Jun 22, 2009
Where Dem LouIziAniMals Stay
I like so many others upgraded my PRL and now I have ONLY 1X here's how my night went.

-Spent an hour on the phone with a very nice Sprint rep going through everything you could imagine. I asked her a few questions like "am I showing green or orange on your system" and she said "wow! how do you even know about this??" She knew that I have already been troubleshooting myself so we started to do a few more advanced things beyond things I might have tried....Then I get disconnected. Since I have GV integrated I miss a lot of calls so I missed the 2 times she tried to call back. Phone still on 1X.

I call back and simply say

Me: "I have been on the phone for an hour and we've gone through all the troubleshooting processes you can imagine and I'm still getting 1X displayed"

Rep: What is 1x? So you are roaming? Do you not see the 3G?

Me: You can have 1x and not roam you know....it's a matter of data speeds

Rep: I'm going to need you to start from the beginning trouble shooting, take the phone out of the back

Me: I've done all of this, please look at the notes on my account and you'll see all of our steps we took

Rep: Our systems are down so I cant

Me: Ok, if I could get my MSL that would be great because I'm going to downgrade my PRL and do it myself (yeh I know guys I misplaced it from the first call so I needed it again)

Rep: "That's on the back of your phone"

Me: "Umm, that's the MEID, I need the 6 digit code"

Rep: "What do you want it for? Are you going to sell it?"

Me: Are you serious right now? What would I even sell??? The code? The phone? This phone isnt worth $5 bucks right now only getting 1x speeds. Please let me speak to your supervisor

Rep: We're closed now and I'm the only person left.

Me: I'll call in the AM thanks

I was so furious b/c I cant even get on the freaking internet all day long and then this guy accuses me of wanting to sell the MSL code.....WTF does that even mean??? Sell a MSL code???? Really???? How does this guy even work for Sprint and not know what 1x is and not to mention be ignorant enough to think you can sell MSL codes like they are freaking gold or something.

I suggested that they do some googling to realize that this PRL is effecting quite a few people and they need a gameplan to help these people and not make accusations especially when they're wanting information to fix the problem that Sprint created.

That's funny. I had a rep tell me that in order to keep the data "fresh" I needed to hard reset my device at least twice a month. Lol. I told her that she didn't resolve my issue and it would be best that I not get a survey because it wasn't going to be good. I then asked to speak to a manager who ended up giving me a free month of service because my "bad data" was due to maintenance in my area and estimated time of repairs was Oct 31st.

Sent from my Beastly EVO.. And did I mention it has 3D?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I switched back to my 2.3.3 stock back up trying to find a fix for poor data speeds . Did a prl update went from 20281( I think LOL) to 50580. The problem is the sprint zone diagnosis app shows 1xRTT and a new prl update to 60681 but it won't let me update to it. Here's screenies
    I will upload the other in a sec... It won't let me upload the other screen shot

WARNING - WARNING -WARNING .. UPDATING TO THE LATEST PRL HAS LEFT ME AND OTHERS WITHOUT 3G STUCK WITH ONLY 1X DATA SPEEDS . SO UPDATE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND DONT BLAME ME, BLAME SPRINT OR VERIZION OR THE NEW HBOOT I DONT CARE JUST DONT BLAME ME!!!

sent from my ps3
    I just rolled back to PRL 21081, then updated profile and I got my 3G back.

I attached the PRL if anyone needs it.
    I finally got this to work, here is the 22081 prl. Sorry it took so long
    Here is 11115.prl. This was only pushed to certain business accounts. I like to have exclusive stuff. LOL
    :cool:
    Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

Is this to be flashed? I flashed it from recovery and after a reboot and updated profile I am still on prl 595xx.

No, its not flashable. Unzip it and put the PRL file on your SD card. Then dial ##775#, enter your MSL , choose update PRL. Choose the 21081.prl and then ok. After I rebooted I updated my profile and its working fine again.

Hope that makes sense.