Google Maps Storage Cache

Search This thread

aksd

Sep 7, 2007
London
I'm new to Windows based phones and was wondering if its possible to download Google maps and save them in the google map cache for offline viewing. Also could some one guide me to where the cache is located. I apologise if this has been covered before.

Thank you,

Akshay

aksd

Sep 7, 2007
London
Thank you mate, I used to use that with my ROKR E6, but its a pain to use it with my Kaiser :D. Thank anyway.

remofo

Feb 7, 2007
I'm new to Windows based phones and was wondering if its possible to download Google maps and save them in the google map cache for offline viewing. Also could some one guide me to where the cache is located. I apologise if this has been covered before.

Thank you,

Akshay

\My Device\Application Data\GoogleMaps\cache-GLM

rename cache-GLM to cache-GLM1 (or whatever)

You can then rename it (or any number of other cache files) back to cache-GLM

And view them off-line.

Janis

Jul 26, 2006
Minneapolis, MN US
me three!

I wonder what happens if it's intalled to the card. Seems to me it wouldn't matter. I imagine it's a dll that steers it, but I haven't checked my registry yet. I will early next week if no one knows (and posts), any more than I (do). 4mb is more than I can lose comfortably to a data cache.

bradweather

Jul 11, 2007
I wonder what happens if it's intalled to the card. Seems to me it wouldn't matter. I imagine it's a dll that steers it, but I haven't checked my registry yet. I will early next week if no one knows (and posts), any more than I (do). 4mb is more than I can lose comfortably to a data cache.

You can install GMM to the card, but it still keeps the cache on the phone. It's a HUGE PAIN IN THE NECK.

Lately I've been having trouble sending MMS messages because my phone is full. It took a while, but I finaly figured out that cache-GLM.dat was the storage hog. It was using 24MB!!!!eleven!

I deleted the file and fired up GMM. It recreated the file at 512KB. It's easy to imagine this cache file filling my phone up very quickly if it's going to increase by half a MB every time it loads a new tile.

Somebody please figure out a way to either clear this cache upon exit of the app or move it to the storage card. It sux!

Dexmo

Apr 22, 2008
FYI ...

There is a cab on google's website. The files inside are dated 2/4/10. It's Version 4.0.0 (#81).

I installed to storage and it put the cache in storage as well.

Bob

rohan_mistry

Feb 3, 2012
If you install it on the STORAGE CARD..the cache files are also stored on the STORAGE CARD..
no issues then..go on, and install the application on the card itself..