OP aamikam

6th September 2011, 04:11 PM   |  #12181  
Flag You can't get here from there...
Thanks Meter: 793

2,211 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeboy7

Glad it worked, but i still highly recommend Amon_RA. My last post about it has the link to his thread, and I would recommend the bootloader method.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Darn, you beat me to it! Just goes to show what happens when you stop to update old command files...
6th September 2011, 05:59 PM   |  #12182  
Thanks Meter: 609

3,536 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryGNYC

Darn, you beat me to it! Just goes to show what happens when you stop to update old command files...

It's not your fault. I have it saved because I've posted it so many times.......

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
6th September 2011, 06:06 PM   |  #12183  
Flag the sticks western ma.
Thanks Meter: 330

812 posts
More
sorry if this has been asked but wtf is up with bluetooth wiggin out when tryin to text...
6th September 2011, 06:30 PM   |  #12184  

2,211 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsunghater

sorry if this has been asked but wtf is up with bluetooth wiggin out when tryin to text...

New one on me... can you be more specific and I'll see if I can duplicate the problem on MikG 2.51?
6th September 2011, 06:37 PM   |  #12185  
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 751

3,219 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryGNYC

Don't be too upset..You should see jade's set up. He has like a wall of monitors and computers set up with every forum he is a member of open and set to refresh every 2 seconds with each forum having a different sound for when they get updated.

He has mastered the art of typing with his feet as well, plus he can type and speak two different things which allows him to use his Voice to text software he has set up on all his machines.

It's actually a pretty impressive set up he has. This is actually an image of his work area.

6th September 2011, 06:40 PM   |  #12186  
Thanks Meter: 242

2,549 posts
How is everyone's battery life in this 2.51? Are there any amazing kernels that seem to be working great or is the supplied kernel giving the battery life people are happy with.
6th September 2011, 06:47 PM   |  #12187  
Flag Music City
Thanks Meter: 74

356 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stkiswr

How is everyone's battery life in this 2.51? Are there any amazing kernels that seem to be working great or is the supplied kernel giving the battery life people are happy with.

Many around here are either using Lithid's Freedom kernel or chopsuey kernel.
6th September 2011, 06:57 PM   |  #12188  

2,211 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1313

Don't be too upset..You should see jade's set up. He has like a wall of monitors and computers set up with every forum he is a member of open and set to refresh every 2 seconds with each forum having a different sound for when they get updated.

He has mastered the art of typing with his feet as well, plus he can type and speak two different things which allows him to use his Voice to text software he has set up on all his machines.

It's actually a pretty impressive set up he has. This is actually an image of his work area.

LOL, I didn't know he had his own ECHELON setup...
6th September 2011, 06:57 PM   |  #12189  
Thanks Meter: 242

2,549 posts
Thank you
10th c
6th September 2011, 07:21 PM   |  #12190  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 9,897

11,153 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

I'm really not sure why the Footprints widget isn't showing up, but I have a solution - you can just install it from this post. I would delete it from /system/app first, though.

Since the ROM is odexed, and I wouldn't want to slow down the system by adding any deodexed APKs into the mix, I have a "better" method for installing Footprints, so that it ends up on /data (or your EXT partition, if you're using a2sd):

- Install the Footprints system files (flashable zip attached to this post)
- Download the Footprints app & widget APKs (from this post), and install.
- Done!

That should get you working and uninstallable Footprints. If anyone has issues, let me know.

P.S. As far as Locations goes, the version I'm currently trying to use performs a device ID check, so, while it installs, it Force Closes. If you open the Locations Car Panel, and go to Map Settings, the units automatically adjust themselves from Metric to Imperial, which fixes it in Footprints. But it's a LOT of FC'ing to get there, and the Locations app itself is unusable. I'm going to look for an older version without the Device check, and see if I can get it working a bit more smoothly, for anyone that wants to try it.

Update on Locations - SUCCESS!!

This will follow the same procedure as Footprints above. The only caviat is that there is one APK that must be installed to system, and it is deodexed. Also, in total, Locations will take up about 20MB of space on /system, so if you want to use this, make sure you have ample space there (which you should).

One other thing - this will install a 3rd Car Panel in your app drawer, so you'll probably want to get rid of one or both of the other ones.

So, here are the full instructions (Note: you will need to have installed the Footprints system files for this to work properly. If you choose to keep Locations, the Footprints app & widget can be uninstalled, as Footprints is integrated into Locations):

- Install Footprints system files zip (if not already installed)
- Install Locations system files zip (Direct Dropbox Link)
- Install Locations APKs attached to this post.
- Done!

This will also give you the option in Settings (under Location) to Integrate Google Navigation into Locations, which is highly convenient, since Route 66 isn't free.
Attached Files
File Type: apk HtcLaputaInstaller.apk - [Click for QR Code] (343.4 KB, 75 views)
File Type: apk HtcLaputaWidget.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.31 MB, 71 views)
File Type: apk LocationPickerLaputa.apk - [Click for QR Code] (14.1 KB, 60 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fantastic!, finally a legit dev, mikg'd jimmy snuka, rom, the mik mik!, true essence of xda, win win
Previous Thread Next Thread