Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 38,199 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC-S730

Tip us?

bigflavor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any word?

Mine is now on it's way...

dave rooney
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi guys, i got my htc s730 last week and all i can say is what a phone. its only major flaw is the speed of the interface. in regards to the GPS. i dont believe it has built in GPS but after i installed googlemaps it was able to pin point my location, however it looked like it was using a 3G connection to do this. i didn,t know this was possible but maybe you guys could shed some light on the situation

A.Bagatov
Old
Thanks Meter 0
yea google locates you with the use of GSM

bigflavor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave rooney View Post
hi guys, i got my htc s730 last week and all i can say is what a phone. its only major flaw is the speed of the interface. in regards to the GPS. i dont believe it has built in GPS but after i installed googlemaps it was able to pin point my location, however it looked like it was using a 3G connection to do this. i didn,t know this was possible but maybe you guys could shed some light on the situation
http://www.google.com/mobile/gmm/mylocation/index.html

pretty rawesome!

snowmanappie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Memory leak/problem..

Someone mentioned it already in the other s730 topic: some people complain about the fact that they have too few memory available when the phone is on. Some say they have about 7-12 megabyte available when they haven't even started an non-standard application and the phone says some applications will have to be shut down when they try to start other applications. Also some say the memory a program uses does not 'come back' when they close the program via the task manager which points to a memory-leak problem.

The reply was it would be fixed in tweaked ROMs or officially new ROM's, ok that will be true, but is it a real problem now? Does anyone experiences this problem here too?

zebra333
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes it's a major issue for me (at least).

I can't use the phone the way I used to use my vox and I need to make a choice between the application to run on the background.

More precisely I have to choose between having skype or IM+ (for MSN and AIM messenger) which is a real problem because obviously all my contacts are have different messenger account.

Hopefully a updated rom will take this in consideration and let more ram available for 3rd party applications.

paholman
Old
(Last edited by paholman; 14th December 2007 at 01:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
I wouldn't hold your breath for an update soon from HTC. They've hardly got a good reputation for releasing ROM updates.

One example is the QTEK 8500 (StrTrk). Many U.S. customers (ok, they imported their handsets from UK) couldn't use the phone because of an idle/sleep issue. I don't even recall them ever fixing that handset, but Cingular released the 3125 which was the U.S. specific version of the 8500 many months later. Those US owners of the 8500 were left stranded.

I also don't recall seeing many VOX rom updates either from HTC, only ASIA versions.

The feedback on this HTC Wings/S730 handset within only 2 weeks of it's release indicates most, if not all, of the new owners disappointed with it, or crying out for a ROM update already, or a hardware hack to try and get GPS to work which would invalidate the warranty anyway.

I was undecided whether to get one myself before it's release, but since I've read all the 1st impressions on this forum I'm staying well clear. It seems it only offers 2 advantages over the VOX, slightly faster and 3G capability. Aside from that, I'd say the majority of VOX users who are currently overclocking their device wouldn't benefit much from an upgrade to the S730 unless they need actually need 3G for Video calls or data transfer.

Perhaps if a network provider adopted it and submitted some improvements, then I'll reconsider

butzchan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by motin View Post
Is this rom the full pre-production rom? Has anyone loaded it on their S730?

jimi_re
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default hi

i have an s730 i make update hardware but audio boobster don't work