RA_GNM Recovery v3.03 (Amon Ra) for TB

Search This thread

jr313

Dont know if it been posted but Amon Ra's rcovery is now available in RM under alternate recovery. just flash or reflash the newest CWR back out and go back in and the alternate recovery tab thats usually grayed out it highlighted. flash and enjoy. i just did this myself and havent had time to check it out just thought id pass the info. Im not the first to discover this just seen it on another site and wanted to share i take NO credit what so ever!
Scotty85 has created a flashable zip to b done in hboot just rename and flash.
RA_GNM recovery 3.03 http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...m/YQFX94NGS0&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13154433242241

Last edited:

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
Can someone educate me on the difference between cwm and this one please

Sent from my BLU3nHACK3DAO5PBOLT using XDA App

yareally

Feb 19, 2011
codingcreation.com
If you really need a screenshot...

Attachments

• device-2011-09-07-163333.jpg
    device-2011-09-07-163333.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,086

Nate14

Mar 10, 2010
Colorado
I'm trying now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

Edit:

Hey it worked! The recovery is awesome. Just like the good 'ol days.

Last edited:

oc3rulz

Jan 30, 2010
Columbus, OH
i had used Amon_RA since my G1 days, wow this brings back memories. Then I used his Nexus One Playstation recovery to jailbreak my PS3. goodtimes

bond32

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin
Since everyone can't contain their excitement, I guess I will try it :p

What makes this better than CWR?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dont know if it been posted but Amon Ra's rcovery is now available in RM under alternate recovery. just flash or reflash the newest CWR back out and go back in and the alternate recovery tab thats usually grayed out it highlighted. flash and enjoy. i just did this myself and havent had time to check it out just thought id pass the info. Im not the first to discover this just seen it on another site and wanted to share i take NO credit what so ever!
    Scotty85 has created a flashable zip to b done in hboot just rename and flash.
    RA_GNM recovery 3.03 http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...m/YQFX94NGS0&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13154433242241
    Version 3.04

Changelog : Signature checking is off by default
    Fixed boot restore error in nandroid.

PG05IMG-ra-mecha-3.04.zip

Should be updated in rom manager in a day or so also.
    first of all...Id like to point out some flaws in many of you guys' logic.

1. Why are you wiping dalvik cache in recovery anyway? The only reason I could see one doing this is flashing a kernel that is causing a bootloop (see #3) Dalvik cache resides in /data partition...and sometimes in both /data and /cache partitions. Which leads me to number 2.

2. I see a lot of people wiping dalvik cache, wiping cache, wiping data and then flashing a rom. Even some people doing it 3xs or more. This is pointless. If you are wiping data and cache in recovery...it deletes dalvik cache in the process. Whats the point in going in after doing this and wiping dalvik in advance options? You are wiping NOTHING when you do this. Theres nothing there to wipe. Proper wiping (to start clean with any rom), is wipe data factory reset, wipe cache, format /system under mounts and storage (and format /boot if you have a phone with the option, tbolt is not one of those phones). That removes all...and gives real results on what a rom is doing to your phone when you run one clean...which is what I do when I flash a new rom.

3. you can wipe dalvik cache in terminal like.

su
    sysrw
    cd /data/dalvik-cache
    rm *
    reboot

if you have dalvik cache located in both /data and /cache...do this

su
    sysrw
    cd /data/dalvik-cache
    rm *
    cd /cache/dalvik-cache
    reboot

no need to even go into recovery for that so the argument that cwm sucks for wiping dalvik cache is pointless. Do it through terminal.