EclipseX

May 29, 2007
Quinta do Conde
I must say.......

iphoine_loser_3.jpg

xaccers

Jul 21, 2009
Milling around Milton Keynes
You know, ridiculous as it sounds, I can foresee there being a short period where no mobile phone manufacturer will be able to sell any phones in at least one country.
It's going to be like in the Rutles where one of them ends up accidently suing themselves.

AdamRav

Mar 23, 2011
Im just trying to figure out why apple didnt stop the (android) phones coming to market in the first place. They were most likely sat around the room laughing thinking these guys dont stand a chance but its all back firing on em now.

t00c00l4m3

Apr 4, 2011
Taste that Apple. You start this whole war, let finish them. Go go Android!!!

Last edited:

Doc_rockulus

Apr 2, 2011
The other android manufacturers need to file as well. Bring it all together and file a huge class-action lawsuit against apple.

No wonder Steve Jobs bailed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Remember that recent capacitive multi-touch mobile display patent Apple applied for a long time ago...before HTC or any of the other smartphone makers started using the tech...and was recently awarded?

There's really no way for Apple to lose. The display patent is comparative to a nuclear bomb, which they could employ if things go against them.

I'm guessing you haven't followed how most of these patent was play out. As you said, Apple's multi-touch patent is a nuclear bomb. One which Apple was dumb enough to aim at the other children and try use as a weapon of mass-destruction.

The patents handed to HTC (along with the ones they already own) aren't any less potent. Now we have a nuclear deterrent. This standoff will most likely play out exactly as expected - each side will be forced to settle to avoid Mutually Assured Destruction. Then everyone can go back to their corners and do what they should be doing - developing new technologies and competing for market share by making more desirable products. To quote the movie Other People's Money: "Lawyers are like nuclear weapons. They have theirs so I have mine. As soon as you use one, they f@#k everything up."

The majority of these patents are a joke - none of the companies actually invented the technologies they have patents for. Multi-touch? Pinch-to-zoom? These were features of the Microsoft Surface 10 years before Apple even thought about the tablet or smartphone markets. Apple didn't invent the tablet, they didn't invent the smartphone, and they didn't invent any of the crucial technologies these platforms use. Hell, even IOS and OS X are based around BSD - not very different from Android's Linux roots.

Apple has a great talent for making beautiful designs, and wrapping existing technologies into a amazingly marketable devices, that usually look advanced enough to appear to be alien technology. From that point of view they are almost unbeatable. However, trying to pretend like they invented these concepts is just sad......
    apple sued by HTC

this is great, apple get a taste of their own medicine

lol

regards
    Shame on you HTC. Now you're no better than the other people with lawsuits.
    The Prada was not a mass-market phone.
    So what? It shows that Apple wasn't some brilliant inventor that came up with something unique. It shows that that's the direction tech went in and would go even if there was no Apple.

Then there's something else I mentioned a while ago, here - the availability of technology part.

And resistive display tech isn't capacitive and doesn't count.
    This I addressed here.To quote:
    Multi-touch has been around for a loooooong time before Apple used it. But because there's now capacitive screens around it's suddenly something that can be patented?? That's just another example of the idiocy of patents. You take a whole bunch of stuff that existed before, add something that might actually be new, and then you claim the whole thing for yourself as if you came up with *all* of it, not just the one tiny part.

So just because there's now capacitive touchscreens, Apple can claim anything on their phones as their invention? Yeah, right.