Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3781
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Washington, D.C.
DONATE TO ME
[Project] Unlock Droid Bionic Bootloader [Update: 9/29 CWM!]
Hey Bionic owners,
Looks like a Motorola update should be arriving soon... fire up those server-checking engines and keep checking over the next few weeks! http://www.droid-life.com/2011/09/30...g-in-november/
Thanks to "phydo" we have a better set of instructions. Also, it seems someone's found a file on motorola-staging1.blurdev.com
. Updated instructions and CWM flash below.
Update #2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=143
We ARE still looking for more files and more sources to help with the project. Please
come forward if you can help!
There's a chance we can unlock the bootloader on this device with a simple method that led to the unlocked bootloader on the international Motorola Atrix and Sprint Motorola Photon 4G. Not sure if anyone's started the effort here. So, if you'd like to help the unlock process, follow the "Project Cheesecake" instructions below, or contribute in another way.
Ways to uncover unlockable bootloader:
- Motorola, Verizon XML file sets for Motorola Droid Bionic
- Project Cheesecake - finding update versions on Motorola servers
1. XML File sets
If you or someone you know can provide xml fastboot files that are tailored by Motorola for the Droid Bionic, you can help! Post them on XDA or another source to help the effort. If you wish to remain anonymous or keep the files unreleased, shoot me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your file can be checked for an unlocked bootloader without compromising anonymity or file release.
FYI: XML sets may look like this: "fastboot-p2D_targa_cdma_targa-user-X.X.X-X.X.X_XX_DBN-55-110814-release-keys-Verizon-US.tar.gz"
This project involves scanning Motorola's update servers for potentially helpful build files. You'll need to carefully follow the directions below to obtain files and then send those files to be checked out further. You can send me a PM or email (email@example.com).Alternatively, post the files on XDA or another source and I will check them.
List of servers:
- Root the device
- Install the Bionic Clockwork Mod Boostrap Recovery
- If you want, boot into recovery mode and create a backup. You will need to wipe all of your applications/cache later in the process.
- Boot into recovery mode and choose "Wipe Data" then "Wipe Cache" to wipe your Bionic device.
- Return your device to stock: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1262540 -- Flash the FXZ file in RSD Lite.
- Root your Droid Bionic: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1254516
- Install the attached "bionic-servers.zip" file in recovery
- Reboot your device.
- Enter the Phone/Dialer application and type this number:
- You can now see the diagnostic menu. Click the bottom option for "Motorola Services" and you should be able to see that the master cloud has changed to: "master-lab.blurdev.com"
- Now go to Menu >> Settings >> About phone >> System updates
- Check for an update!
- If it doesn't work, continue with Step 13. If it works, continue with Step 20.
- Edit the file "defaults.xml" located in /system/etc/motorola/com.motorola.blur.services.blur/defaults.xml
- Change the server to a new one from the list at the beginning of the thread.
- Boot back into recovery mode
- Wipe Data and Wipe Cache
- Check for an update Menu >> Settings >> About phone >> System update
- If it says "Update Available," let the update download. Do not install the update, because it could potentially brick your device. If no update is available, revert to step #13.
- Pull the update.zip file from /cache [Root Explorer or ADB] and upload/post the file for developer interest.
- Root explorer: Navigate to the root folder. Then click on "cache" and look for a .zip file. Long press it and "copy" the file to your SD card. Mount your device as a USB host and transfer the file to your computer.
- eval- for his initial discovery on the Atrix 4G
- Navalynt for scanning servers
- SamCripp, the2dcour
- working on "Project Cheesecake" and "Pudding" unlock projects